MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but I know I’m not the only one that noticed the defense behavior. I have no current loathing of anyone. Just trying to see this through.

I think there's a difference between an attorney being combative with a witness who they think is being obstructive and/or not telling the truth, versus being combative with an eyewitness / expert witness who's just testifying to facts they don't like.

I don't recall Jackson or Yannetti ever being aggressive just because they disliked the testimony. So, for example they were pretty sharp with Katie McLaughlin because they thought she was minimizing her friendship with Caitlin Albert. But I don't remember them being so with the other firefighters, even though they also had some testimony that wasn't good for the defense.

We don't know, we suspect it was on a lot of adventures and exposed to various mixed conditions so they may as well have chucked it in a machine
Trooper B said it took about three days to dry, that thin jersey and t shirt, laying out on paper. Hmmmm not anything I lay out to dry like that. That to me was another time delay thing.

And the defense hasn’t been doing that all along?
Each time the defense was rude, for lack of a better term, it was with a witness where they were trying to establish a bias or show sloppy work. There's a tactical advantage to doing that. Get witnesses flustered, confuses the answers. It's, IMO, a bad tactic to take with an expert witness unless you have a reason to do so. Didn't see the defense acting like this with tech experts like the cell phone people. Lally didn't have a reason to be a 'bully' towards this witness. He hurt himself and his case by doing so, IMO. Defense in the HGR trial did the same thing with a prosecution witness. Guy saw a coworker die and the defense lawyer came at him like an attack dog. It backfired.

A good example in action is My Cousin Vinny. Vinny was antagonistic towards the grits guy to get an excited answer but was polite with the lady with the glasses because he knew he'd lose the case if he shouted at her.

Their dog is that special kind, used in Europe as well, I think originally, for their aggressive, trainable , smart ways for a reason. Then that kind of dog came here. I have seen the correct name here. It is the complete opposite of say a Lab or family regular good old dog. Of course he had that breed, for a reason, it is a status symbol to him and a killer, you do not ever want to be around it, trained or not. Oh it was trained by Albert and look how it got out and bit innocent people walking in that nice calm neighborhood.
I've missed a lot regarding Chloe, but with the previous bites, were there any repercussions? Fines, etc...? In my county, a dog deemed dangerous can be impounded or put down, the owners can be fined and charged. IMO.

I've missed a lot regarding Chloe, but with the previous bites, were there any repercussions? Fines, etc...? In my county, a dog deemed dangerous can be impounded or put down, the owners can be fined and charged. IMO.
Yes, same here, but of course it was HIS dog, he who gets all the favors in town. It was said, but I do not remember. Maybe if you googled something on it probably will come up.

Each time the defense was rude, for lack of a better term, it was with a witness where they were trying to establish a bias or show sloppy work. There's a tactical advantage to doing that. Get witnesses flustered, confuses the answers. It's, IMO, a bad tactic to take with an expert witness unless you have a reason to do so. Didn't see the defense acting like this with tech experts like the cell phone people. Lally didn't have a reason to be a 'bully' towards this witness. He hurt himself and his case by doing so, IMO. Defense in the HGR trial did the same thing with a prosecution witness. Guy saw a coworker die and the defense lawyer came at him like an attack dog. It backfired.
I tried to write this earlier but my post disappeared. I do think Lally took issue w Dr Russel due to her late entry and he briefly opined that he was a bit suspect of how she got involved in the case. So maybe it’s really at Jackson vs her, but I don’t think he was buying her opinion. And re the defense, I’m trying to recall who they didn’t get their pants in a bunch over. All just difference in opinion.

Well not if it was washed.
The shirt was subject to countless contamination events imo and yes basically washed/soaked in water from melted snow. But on top of that we only just heard expert testimony re scratches and one glancing type bite according to DR Russell before she was cut off. There's no reason at all to assume "dog slobber" should have been all over the shirt. We just had an expert testify to the variance that exists in bite wounds, Part of experts' job is to attempt to dispell popular misconceptions about their subject material, stereotypical thinking and presumptions imo.

Literally nobody walked right by where the body was. If you're following the trial, you surely know that's not even close to an accurate statement
Well, don't forget about Julie Nagel, she said she saw a black blob on the lawn, but even when she found out the next morning that a dead body had been found on the lawn, she didn't find it worth mentioning.

If a juror believes his testimony, you have to also believe almost everything else that has been presented is a lie. You have to believe the cover up. I think it also puts a burden (in the jury's mind) for the defense to back up this testimony with further evidence.

Also - he's a plow driver. Anyone in New England knows that plow drivers hit stuff all the time... mailboxes... trash cans... sometimes cars... tear up curbs... they are not Ranger scouts with perfect vision and awareness of their surroundings.

He is providing reasonable doubt. He is providing doubt that the body was there at 2:35 in the morning.

I wouldn't disparage the plow drivers. They are a very vital role in my community.

In my community, it is illegal to park on the roadway in the winter months so that the plows can get through. It is VERY likely that he noticed a car in the roadway where there isn't usually one.

If the injuries were relatively minor, she wouldn't have had to be put down. But most liability insurance carriers aren't going to keep an insured on the books who has a dog with demonstrated aggressive tendencies. You'd probably need to find another carrier and pay a much higher premium. I don't know the full timeline, but the attack on the two people may have been what got Chloe "sent to Vermont".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysxoxo