Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that he only went outside to smoke a cigarette and not to go and buy some? Is there any footage of him leaving the club/rave and getting into the car with the two men? If they left at 5am (apologies if I have that time wrong), I do wonder what the intended purpose of going to the airbnb with the two men was? Was it said that it was his first time abroad, if he got into a car with two strangers who he only met that night he does not seem very streetwise but depending on what he had been taken, he might not have been thinking logically. I wonder if the two men have been able to shed light on what happened after they got to the airbnb. I assume they have been asked this if the Police spoke to them?

why would he go outside to smoke when there's a picture of him smoking inside the bnb?
it doesn't matter what his intended purpose was IMO

Yeah, that's all really weird. Travel that distance at 5AM just to turn around and leave at, what, 7:30ish?
I think something occurred in the airbnb to prompt JS wanting to leave. If the timeline is correct then they were not in the airbnb for too long before he decided to go. Only three people know what happened after they got there. He voluntarily went with them. Rather than stay a bit later, he decided to leave and get out of there.

They're talking about when he missed the bus and decided to walk out, which was on the road visible from the house and bus stop. So, wrong was heading north along the road, instead of south. Then, he's suddenly lost and getting scraped up by cactus which is inexplicable.

They're talking about when he missed the bus and decided to walk out, which was on the road visible from the house and bus stop. So, wrong was heading north along the road, instead of south. Then, he's suddenly lost and getting scraped up by cactus which is inexplicable.
This is the part I really don't understand, surely he checked Google maps at some stage, he had to check to have known it was an 11 hour walk back, but even after checking maps he started walking in the wrong direction. I'd previously wondered if he had planned to walk to the next bus stop instead of just waiting the almost 2 hours for the bus at the stop in town, I've done this before if a bus isn't for an hour ill usually walk to the next stop rather than just sitting waiting around. But now that it's come out he was walking the wrong way from the get go it really just looks like a sad case of misadventure, a young man who lost his bearings in a remote part of a country he didn't know. The theories people are coming up with online are just crazy, no one can ever accept people just get lost in unforgiving terrain.

Has it been confirmed that he got in the car knowing he would go to the airbnb? Just a thought - does anyone think he got in the car with the two men thinking that they would give him a lift to his accommodation? The Police have obviously asked the two men their account of what happened so they must be satisfied with what they told them.

Spain is cheap to fly too and also doing it on home soil they are more likely to be caught and more.obvipus is was was revenge. Crimes up North in these gangs are usually met with revenge. Amyone from.the UK will know that. A simple nudge off a cliff into water will wipe away evidence etc and look like he fell lining up with the friends story of him being disorientated on his own out there. I think it would be easier to get away with a crime abroad like this. You wouldn't immediately link it to his past crime.
Fair enough. I get what you're saying.

I think it will be a case of misadventure, an accumulation of bad decisions & less than ideal environment.

Hopefully as they enter the 6th day something will come to light to help find Jay.

It’s interesting that the speculation and wild theories are unfolding a lot like the Nicola Bulley case but x1000 both with very different ‘reasons’.

I think something occurred in the airbnb to prompt JS wanting to leave. If the timeline is correct then they were not in the airbnb for too long before he decided to go. Only three people know what happened after they got there. He voluntarily went with them. Rather than stay a bit later, he decided to leave and get out of there.
I doubt anything occurred, think it is a case of in a drugged up/drunk state he went back to theirs as sounded great idea at the time, after a nap, bit of sobering up, drugs wearing off he wakes up and think “where the hell am i” “who are these guys” and just wanted to get out of there

The thing I really do not understand about this incident is why JS didn't either wait for the bus, or why the 2 "hosts" did not drive him back- they drove out to the ends of civilization and had a hire car so.... when they drove him out, they must have realized he would need to get back. Did he have funds for the return trip on the bus? (seems he would have needed more than 1 bus if I read other posts correctly)

apparently they offered him a ride back and he declined

Anyone else find the shoes weird in the snapchat? Those made me think perhaps it wasn't him. Whats the likelihood he got a wee shot of one of the guys slippers lol. In that case also, imo it would suggest he wasnt exactly in a rush to leave. Even stopping to smoke a cig and take a pic, with this "blanket" around him also suggests he was in no rush.
I actually thought these were slippers when I first saw them too!

But then who actually takes slippers to a warm destination?
This is the part I really don't understand, surely he checked Google maps at some stage, he had to check to have known it was an 11 hour walk back, but even after checking maps he started walking in the wrong direction. I'd previously wondered if he had planned to walk to the next bus stop instead of just waiting the almost 2 hours for the bus at the stop in town, I've done this before if a bus isn't for an hour ill usually walk to the next stop rather than just sitting waiting around. But now that it's come out he was walking the wrong way from the get go it really just looks like a sad case of misadventure, a young man who lost his bearings in a remote part of a country he didn't know. The theories people are coming up with online are just crazy, no one can ever accept people just get lost in unforgiving terrain.

In my opinion, I think he did check Maps but it came up with the travel time by car instead and he may have thought “that’s not too bad” not realising it was an 11 hour walk. Would he have followed the road in the wrong direction because that’s what the car directions would have showed?

There is absolutely no way that it came up with 11 hours to walk back and he’s thought “yeah I’ll just walk it back” especially if he wasn’t willing to wait almost 2 hours for the next bus. He's not going to think “I’ll walk 11 hours instead of waiting for a bus in 2 hours” this is all just my opinion.

The moderator on the Jay Salter Missing Facebook group said ‘sickos’ were just making up lies.

Rachel Louise Harg wrote: “I can’t believe some people are actually this sick in the head there are people hacking my accounts and Jays family’s making it pure lies and pretending we are all in it

“Jays missing and it’s absolutely soul destroying. His mum is absolutely broken it’s cruel.

“We know he has been with two or possibly more people up in the mountains we have can confirm phone signal as proven this after that we don’t know as here in Spain without evidence of anything they can’t look into it to the court to act on it the searching."

She said the language barrier had meant they had someone with them.

She added: “Honestly the police here are checking CCTV and looking into leads that have been given in to them as we speak there was some confusion with times with Lucy and Brad it’s just that again the language barrier and the fact Lucy rang to report Jay missing they haven’t got the first information correct not that no one is lying.

“I have people saying that people are screenshot conversations that isn’t me it’s other people sickos taking over my picture and pretending it’s me

“Watching his mum break down every single second almost is torture it really is

Which puts the sighting of the owner of the Airbnb or whatever correct. But what (Airbnb) person would see a young lad say, 'Oh can't wait for that bus in a few hours, I'll just walk over that mountain instead,' and not stop him? It's like being at the motorway services and hear someone saying, 'no worries, I'll just drive over the *advertiser censored*g hill, across the grass and swim the lake'. I don't get it at all.

I holidayed in Tenerife when I was 17. And yes I didn't know it was the same time zone. But NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS would I have ventured to the mountains. Though there are *advertiser censored* around. But the place is SO busy. Where the hell were his friends??

JMO
It seems that the owner of the AirBNB tried to tell him in Spanish that the bus wasn't due until 10am and she got the feeling he was struggling to understand her. She later saw him walking in the hills as she drove somewhere. She didn't actually know where he was intending to go so she didn't stop to point out that he was headed in the wrong direction for Los Cristianos.

She didn't know at the bus stop that he wasn't going to just wait for the next bus. As she didn't know he was going the wrong way she must not have even known which bus he wanted, only that he wanted a bus.

It was his friend who he phoned who he told he was trying to walk back as he'd missed the bus. We don't really know why he made this decision, only that there are independent sources to back up that this is what he tried to do. He may not have realised quite how far he was from his accommodation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member