Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bowels had this “evidence” and didn’t use it so it’s not material and would not have created reasonable doubt for Alec Baldwin. As usual the cover-up is worse. That’s what caused the dismissal - Creating a separate case # and excluding it from defense view. Smh. What a chitshow! Morrissey’s arrogance caused this .JMO
Yes this evidence was of no real consequence in the case but not disclosing it did them in. i liked Morrissey up until yesterday but one thing is clear....she. had too much of a personal hatred of Baldwin to try the case...she would do anything to get him behind bars.

I agree with you. Once she realized there was a Brady violation, she advocated for dismissal with the lead prosecutor. It’s basically game over at that point!

I’m sure there was an element of self preservation there, but Morrisey’s last ditch efforts to save the case were also likely motivated by preserving her own image, possibly also in her role as advocate for the victim’s family.

In any sinking ship, it becomes an “every person for themselves” situation. Not everyone needs to go down with the ship.

All IMO.

Should Morrisey have been better to jump her own sinking ship and motion for a dismissal of the case?

Would that have been possible or would she have still been in this same situation re Brady violation being obvious and openly stated by the Judge?

Yes this evidence was of no real consequence in the case but not disclosing it did them in. i liked Morrissey up until yesterday but one thing is clear....she. had too much of a personal hatred of Baldwin to try the case...she would do anything to get him behind bars.
BBM

Me too!! I was rooting for her. I felt like she was disgusted by AB’s behavior after the incident and his carelessness on set. She claimed she agrees with his politics and enjoyed his SNL performance. She offered him the same deal Halls got! You really think she hates him that much? She’s a pretty antagonistic person. She was the same on HGR’s trial. JMO

I’ve been asking about SK since 2021. He says he didn’t provide live rounds. Yet live rounds turned up on set. Some have said it doesn’t matter where the rounds came from, only that AB pulled the trigger.

I agree that HGR should have weeded out live rounds but if it had been the case SK provided live rounds (albeit accidentally) then it would have been somewhat mitigating. Also one would need to wonder if there was intentional sabotage or setting up of HGR bearing in mind she's inexperienced and seemingly a shoddy worker.

The dummy rounds returned to SK from the training shoot contained mixed up live rounds - well that should have never happened in the first place if they also had an experienced armorer? Then those live rounds were allegedly cleaned up and re-packed by SK to be distributed to another set -or- they were set to one side in SK's storage unit. The detectives seized all of SK's stock to scrutinise and test, except these ones which had been set to one side? Whut? Surely that shouldn't have happened either so we have a whole chain of strange behaviour! JMO MOO

Whoa! I just re-visited this case thread to find out what's been going on. This is big stuff. I always thought that Prosecutor was show-boating and grand-standing and taking things way beyond necessary in her emotive demeanour but I thought she was on the side of 'right' and would never do something as ill judged as this.

Watching that is awful - her career is surely ended now, at least in terms of ever assisting prosecution? She got her 'mea cupla' on the record when nobody wanted or asked her to because she knew it's the end and she wanted to get her point of view stated IMO. Looks like she was tearful packing her stuff and leaving the court.

Will the court / judge be taking further action against her in terms of punitive action or having her skills scrutinised by her professional body? It seems in the judge's summing up that maybe this isn't the end of the matter on a personal level. All that time, costs, money, and jury time taken.

Will HGR's situation be affected? Surely it must be? Her case can no longer be considered 'sound' and must also be retroactively dismissed in parallel surely?

Also, does this put Seth Kenny back in the frame?

She was her usual obnoxious self when interviewed outside the courthouse. But yes, her actions were so egregious that her career is surely over.

And I agree, I think the entire prosecutorial process is tainted to such an extent that HGR has to be reconsidered too.

To the best of my recollection, wasn't the case dismissed against Baldwin a while ago? it just seems to me they really wanted to get him ---- I thought at the beginning of all this that he should have been able to rely on the armorer (sp) to ensure no live bullets in the gun---I don't like AB- I think he is an arrogant jerk, but I have come to believe they just wanted to get this guy- and it all fell apart for them: JMO

Should Morrisey have been better to jump her own sinking ship and motion for a dismissal of the case?

Would that have been possible or would she have still been in this same situation re Brady violation being obvious and openly stated by the Judge?
That’s a great question— it must be possible since her co- prosecutor advised this (that’s what she claimed in her interviews post trial) My understanding is she could have petitioned the court and the defense would have to agree. Final determination is up to the judge, of course.

I don’t know if it would have prevented all that dirty laundry with the Brady violation being made public though.

This ended up to the defense’s benefit IMO since the case was dismissed with prejudice and he can never be retried for the same crime. All IMO.

Maybe a lawyer or someone with more trial watching experience can weigh in.

That’s a great question— it must be possible since her co- prosecutor advised this (that’s what she claimed in her interviews post trial) My understanding is she could have petitioned the court and the defense would have to agree. Final determination is up to the judge, of course.

I don’t know if it would have prevented all that dirty laundry with the Brady violation being made public though.

This ended up to the defense’s benefit IMO since the case was dismissed with prejudice and he can never be retried for the same crime. All IMO.

Maybe a lawyer or someone with more trial watching experience can weigh in.

That old saying “pride goeth before destruction” comes to mind. Morrissey had her story and was sticking to it until the end. And end it did with her lies and arrogance for all to see. JMOO

Morrissey couldn’t ask for a dismissal because she would essentially be agreeing that Brady material was not disclosed. Doing so would effectively dismiss the case with prejudice because double jeapordy is attached. Since she knew about this “evidence” she basically would be agreeing to her misconduct. It’s a lot to ask of Morrissey in such a high profile case. I don’t fault her for advocating for the case to continue given how this “evidence” came about. She knew what the judge would do so she just defended her decision saying this evidence was not material.

JMO

Personally I wouldn't have been surprised if the jury came back with a not guilty verdict in this case because the FBI screwed up and ruined the most important piece of evidence by damaging it with hard blows to it's hammer.

That left the door wide open for reasonable doubt. JMO.
So far in the trial while there were a few rulings that really went against the defense..I sort of thought this one would be NG. Johnson gave a good opening absent the vendetta of Morrissey...I thought it smart to change things up. I have no idea if Spiro had the info in advance or if this just played out and his shock was real but at a certain point the judge was right there with him. He proceeded to perform perfectly to get the result he wanted. While I think HG is where she should be and thought AB had some liability you can't conceal evidence. This was so stupid of Morrissey ....she had a good run but her name is ruined in NM now. Same with Poppell and Hancock. All their names will be associated with big time Brady violations. AB will I think be done in films and concentrate on his reality TV show which I doubt will be of much interest to many. He has aged rapidly since Rust and seems to move very slow these days. I think he has deep turmoil over having been the person that killed HH....that is justice enough for me. It was not intentional and if he is kept away from films and guns no one else should be in danger. I think Hilaria has a full time job with her children and a husband that seems ultra high maintenance.

That old saying “pride goeth before destruction” comes to mind. Morrissey had her story and was sticking to it until the end. And end it did with her lies and arrogance for all to see. JMOO
She was going for the Trifecta and was on a roll. Came in overly confident and cocky and met her match in Mr. Spiro. I believe the note passed from Johnson to Morrissey was something to the effect "game over" but she kept going. The drama with Johnson marching up to judge and then out of court was something you will not see again on any media covered court case. AB probably thinking in producer mode and how it would make a great movie.

Personally I don’t think Spiro did anything special. Thursday was a bad day for defense. He got lucky. This was a self-immolation by Morrissey. Morrissey got in Morrissey’s way. All Spiro had to do was not make any sudden movements and let it play out. Judge had also had it with Morrissey. He saw that. He even said he didn’t want Morrissey to take the stand. Morrissey’s arrogance won again and she insisted and she gave AB the satisfaction of calling her out for name-calling him to witnesses and having a personal vendetta against him.

JMO

The last thing she wanted was a dismissal of the case and she argued against that. She argued that the "hidden" evidence wasn't even important to the case.

Note this was untested evidence. Who is she to decide untested evidence doesn't need to be revealed to a person she charges with manslaughter?

I believe her goal was to put him behind bars cementing her reputation as the ...

Prosecutor who doesn't see anyone above the law.... The prosecutor so tough she landed AB behind bars...etc

Personally I don’t think Spiro did anything special. Thursday was a bad day for defense. He got lucky. This was a self-immolation by Morrissey. Morrissey got in Morrissey’s way. All Spiro had to do was not make any sudden movements and let it play out. Judge had also had it with Morrissey. He saw that. He even said he didn’t want Morrissey to take the stand. Morrissey’s arrogance won again and she insisted and she gave AB the satisfaction of calling her out for name-calling him to witnesses and having a personal vendetta against him.

JMO

This name calling was so disgusting :oops:
Really, is this person for real?
:rolleyes:

All very strange. I'm sure the State turned over lots of evidence to HGR and AB that the State thought was irrelevant. But you turn it all over and let the Defense decide. The Teste ammunition evidence was no different. JMO.

Last edited:

JMO

I don't have anything to base this on,but I sense that Spiro knew exactly what the state had been up to and just set the trap to bring it to light. I got the impression he is one cool cucumber and can wait just like a spider does with it's prey. As an aside, how did hancock ever get to be a detective. Lead detective no less. Not knowing much about this case, it was her testimony and demeanor that got my hackles up in addition to morrissey's attitude and courtroom demeanor. JMOO

I'm not sure how this evidence would have changed what the defense has already done in this trial. Has the defense been prejudiced? JMO.
well, I think it shows where the rounds actually came from and it also shows that the prosecution hid evidence in this case that may have changed the dynamic of what happened and who there responsible party may be. You hire professionals and you use reliable vendors in order to prevent things like this from happening. It's like the Movie is an Airplane Manufacturer and the landing gear vendor gave them faulty wheels and a Pilot had a crash landing. mOO

Prosecutor Linda Stanley had the murder case against Barry Morphew dismissed WITHOUT prejudice, which left the door open for reopening later. So it was good in that way, but the damage to her career was already done.

Still, the case should never have been brought. State was two for two then overreached. Imagine Baldwin as a placeholder. Replace him with your favourite actor or actress. A firearm expert remarking on this case described all actors as "idiots." That is the assumption to proceed with, underscoring the importance of their own safety role.

RSBM

I totally agree with everything you stated!

Also, Seth Kenney and Sarah Zachary's actions and words feel like gritty sand under my skin with this case. (As well the CST and lead detective and Morrissey, of course)

all jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back