Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So what exactly do we know about this ammo that Teske was holding. I don't think we ever got the full provenance but the implication was that these bullets were somehow tied to Seth Kenney. Would they find his fingerprints on them if they checked?

There was always something fishy about Kenney's story. He couldn't remember when he picked up the ammo from the ranch where they were training actors. There's also the story of him meticulously sorting through a pile of ammo separating live and dummy rounds. Then there's this mysterious green can that at one point was reportedly filled with bullets, but when the police finally executed the search warrant at his place weeks after the shooting the can was empty and the ammo unaccounted for.

I still think HGR is the most likely source of the live round. But could Kenney have panicked and destroyed evidence knowing that he had in his possession similar ammo to the round that killed Halyna? The police really should have done more to track down where the rounds came from.

RSBM

I totally agree with everything you stated!

Also, Seth Kenney and Sarah Zachary's actions and words feel like gritty sand under my skin with this case. (As well the CST and lead detective and Morrissey, of course)

all jmo
I'm not disagreeing but Thell and HRG actions were just as bad as Seth and Sarah. And both Thell and Seth pulled strings to get their relatives hired onto that movie. But Thell is the one who decided that HRG could do the job as an armorer, with no training, and told her that.
And the way the movie company structured the pay and the scheduling practically guaranteed that Hannah and Sarah were going to butt heads and there was no adult supervision on set apparently so they both ran and complained to Thell and Seth, which started a feud between those 2, which ultimately led to Thell doing some pretty underhanded, maybe even illegal, stuff after the shooting. From the very beginning, Thell tried his best to aim the cops at Seth.

I don't like Seth either. He's pretty scummy. But Seth didn't start calling cop friends to pass info to the detectives, telling them to look at someone he was fighting with, and Seth didn't wait until the middle of a trial to send a cop friend to the detectives with miracle ammo, TWO YEARS after the shooting. As much as I dislike Seth, I'm not going to criticize him for cooperating. Especially when the main reason he was initially looked at was because Thell Reed said so.

So what exactly do we know about this ammo that Teske was holding. I don't think we ever got the full provenance but the implication was that these bullets were somehow tied to Seth Kenney. Would they find his fingerprints on them if they checked?

There was always something fishy about Kenney's story. He couldn't remember when he picked up the ammo from the ranch where they were training actors. There's also the story of him meticulously sorting through a pile of ammo separating live and dummy rounds. Then there's this mysterious green can that at one point was reportedly filled with bullets, but when the police finally executed the search warrant at his place weeks after the shooting the can was empty and the ammo unaccounted for.

I still think HGR is the most likely source of the live round. But could Kenney have panicked and destroyed evidence knowing that he had in his possession similar ammo to the round that killed Halyna? The police really should have done more to track down where the rounds came from.

I heard rumors of possible live bullet target practice happening on the set by various actors and help. Then with all the real bullets showing up in various places on set it really seems like something like that could have been going on. Also,why did several people quit the movie citing it being unsafe to work there. I'm interested in knowing where those rumors came from if anyone knows.

I think Seth would have tried to get rid of evidence if the rounds came from him.
But I saw the pics of his business and disorganized and nasty it was. I don't think he could have gotten rid of everything linking him to the set live ammo and I don't think he would have taken a chance and left the other live ammo in his shop. (that didn't match the set ammo in any way)

The movie had a shortage of dummy rounds and one day a 'mystery box' of rounds labeled dummies was found, or so HRG said. HRG admitted that she didn't properly check the rounds to make sure they were dummies before using them in guns. I always thought the mystery box came from Thell because there were texts between him and HRG discussing ammo and finding more dummy rounds.
Personally, I think Thell sent that box to Seth to send out to the set, everyone thought they were just dummy rounds, and Seth didn't bother to check the rounds, just gave them to Sarah or HRG, and lied about knowing anything about it.

I heard rumors of possible live bullet target practice happening on the set by various actors and help. Then with all the real bullets showing up in various places on set it really seems like something like that could have been going on. Also,why did several people quit the movie citing it being unsafe to work there. I'm interested in knowing where those rumors came from if anyone knows.
HRG texted Seth and asked if she could do target or fun shooting with the movie guns and Seth said hell no. HRG responded something like "Fine, I'll get my own guns from dads place".

The unsafe working conditions, I believe, were because the production refused to get the cameramen hotel rooms that were close to the set. Instead they were given very cheap rooms in shoddy, run-down motels that were a couple of hours away. In combination with the very long hours on a movie set, the cameramen would barely get any sleep as they would have to spend hours driving back and forth. So they were worried that they would fall asleep at the wheel.

This was in the report of the New Mexico OSHA inspector.

But Seth didn't start calling cop friends to pass info to the detectives, telling them to look at someone he was fighting with, and Seth didn't wait until the middle of a trial to send a cop friend to the detectives with miracle ammo, TWO YEARS after the shooting.
RSBM.

I'm not 100% sure this is true.

According to Hancock's testimony, she was on the speaker phone with Teske at the same time she was interviewing Kenney. This was very early on.

And in Morrissey's testimony on Friday, she said she knew all about the missing ammo that Teske had in his possession. She made the decision not to have the Arizona police collect it from him because she didn't think the ammo matched the live rounds based on the picture she had (although it actually did). So, according to the Variety story when Teske was in Sante Fe for the trial, he decided to turn it over himself because he was sick of waiting for the cops to take it from him and he didn't want to hold onto it anymore.

So I think you're wrong to say that this was some scheme of Reed's. The authorities in Santa Fe knew about Teske's ammo the whole time.

And the way the movie company structured the pay and the scheduling practically guaranteed that Hannah and Sarah were going to butt heads and there was no adult supervision on set apparently so they both ran and complained to Thell and Seth, which started a feud between those 2, which ultimately led to Thell doing some pretty underhanded, maybe even illegal, stuff after the shooting. From the very beginning, Thell tried his best to aim the cops at Seth.
Interesting. Did not know this, but suspected it. He immediately tried to distance himself from the tragic incident. I recall news stories in which he made it sound as if he rarely saw or talked to his daughter.

Defense is saying here that the mysterious bullets were turned over AFTER Hannah's trial. Someone posted yesterday that they were turned over during the trial, towards the end of it. Which account is accurate? TIA

Also, since the hidden ammo was never fully examined or tested by LE, should we not assume the ammo didn't match that found on the set? Just curious because now its hard to believe who was telling the truth. Perhaps we should just reject everything we've been told about the mystery bullets and events and people surrounding them until a full investigation has been completed. I don't like having to do that, but see no other way to approach it. JMO

ETA: This motion has a lot of "buck passing" in it.

Last edited:
RSBM.

According to Hancock's testimony, she was on the speaker phone with Teske at the same time she was interviewing Kenney. This was very early on.

And in Morrissey's testimony on Friday, she said she knew all about the missing ammo that Teske had in his possession. She made the decision not to have the Arizona police collect it from him because she didn't think the ammo matched the live rounds based on the picture she had (although it actually did). So, according to the Variety story when Teske was in Sante Fe for the trial, he decided to turn it over himself because he was sick of waiting for the cops to take it from him and he didn't want to hold onto it anymore.

So I think you're wrong to say that this was some scheme of Reed's. The authorities in Santa Fe knew about Teske's ammo the whole time.
you error on the side of just getting it. Relying on a photo from Teske was not smart...he could have sent anything.

RSBM.

The shooting happened in Oct 2021. The trial for HGR was in March 2024. That's 2 and a half years that Teske had to give this evidence to the cops and he waited until the trial was in progress? Only reason to do that, that I can think of, is because you want to rush the evidence through and get it mentioned in court before it's been vetted.
HRGs lawyers knew about these rounds too. Why didn't they push for this miracle ammo to be admitted as evidence?

So, lets recap. Who knows about the miracle ammo? Thell reed, Teske, Thell's friend, and HGR lawyers. They know about it, and nobody mentions it or gives it to the cops until the trial has already started.

The disgusting remarks of a prosecutor about AB told in private to a witness.
Like "C...s..." and others.

IMO
such language is not appropriate for a professional.

I thought it was obvious as I quoted your post and you mentioned it.
You said “is this person for real?” You mean Morrissey or me? That’s what confused me. Either way it doesn’t matter.

Anyway, I don’t really think the language was that big of a deal. He is one imo. lol. He’s assaulted crew members and paparazzi in his past. Throwing things and punching them. Did you hear the voicemail he left for his daughter when she was 11 or 12 yo? Threatening her and calling her a PIG. Just my opinion. So we can agree to disagree.

The shooting happened in Oct 2021. The trial for HGR was in March 2024. That's 2 and a half years that Teske had to give this evidence to the cops and he waited until the trial was in progress? Only reason to do that, that I can think of, is because you want to rush the evidence through and get it mentioned in court before it's been vetted.
HRGs lawyers knew about these rounds too. Why didn't they push for this miracle ammo to be admitted as evidence?

So, lets recap. Who knows about the miracle ammo? Thell reed, Teske, Thell's friend, and HGR lawyers. They know about it, and nobody mentions it or gives it to the cops until the trial has already started.
So I am late to the game…. feel free to ignore if wish….. but that good synopsis and all I can conclude and from recent discoveries in this case - maybe someone feared that evidence would incriminate HGR and using it late instead and it would shift to incriminate AB? At best it makes an apparent connection between the father and daughter IIUC? Surely IMO they didn’t think it would help HGR be acquitted? Yet the state elected not to properly assess it? And only relied on a supposed picture rather than examination? Or perhaps I simply misunderstand all? MOO

Ultimately, it doesn't matter where the live rounds came from.

There was a box in the prop trailer with live rounds and HGR, in a videotaped police interview, dismissively, almost arrogantly, admits that she didn't properly check the 'mystery box' of rounds before loading them into a gun.

100%! This was defense sabotage and Morrissey clocked it. She dismissed it and didn’t take it seriously which allowed her to fail to see it as a discovery violation. She decided it was irrelevant and didn’t turn it over. She can’t do that as a prosecutor. Even if someone came and said Jesus told me AB did nothing wrong - she has to turn it over. lol JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst
Back