AZ AZ - Hope Tucker, 46, w/adult autistic son when vehicle broke down, son found seeking shade in medical distress 24 May, Buckeye, rptd miss 22 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Police say 46-year-old Hope Tucker was with her adult son when their vehicle broke down on Interstate 10 near Verrado Way in the early hours of May 22.
1719174863038.jpeg
Hope and her son, who is autistic and has limited communication ability, left the vehicle to seek shade.

Police believe after that, Tucker may have suffered a life-threatening medical emergency.

Just after 11 a.m. the same day, an Arizona Department of Public Safety trooper located the vehicle on I-10, and it was towed.

Buckeye police made contact with Hope's son during a call at a gas station on Watson Road on May 24. He appeared to be in medical distress and was taken to the hospital, where he remained for about a month.

It's not clear what happened with Hope's son between May 22 and May 24.

Hope's son, who is now in the care of a relative, reported the information to the relative Saturday, who then called Phoenix police.

Phoenix police notified Buckeye police, who then initiated a search for Tucker.
*oh, wow, a month later, she has been missing :(

*oh boy... not looking very hopeful for Hope :(
Tucker was with her adult son, who is autistic with high support needs and limited communicative abilities, police said.

The two left the car to find shade, police said, and shortly after Tucker may have suffered a life-threatening emergency. Tucker's car was located by a trooper and towed.

Tucker's son, who is now in the care of a relative, reported this information to the relative on June 22. The relative then called Phoenix police, who alerted Buckeye police. Buckeye police initiated a search immediately.

Buckeye police had contact with Tucker's son on May 24 when police were responding to an indecent exposure call at a QuikTrip on Watson Road. Tucker's son was reportedly urinating in public and appeared to be in medical distress, police said in a news release. Buckeye fire evaluated and transported Tucker's son to the hospital where he remained for approximately a month, police said.

JUN 23, 2024
[...]

According to authorities, Buckeye police received a report on Saturday that 46-year-old Hope Tucker’s purple Dodge Charger broke down on Interstate 10 near Verrado Way in the early hours of May 22. She was with her adult son, who is autistic and has limited communication.

[...]

Buckeye police have tried to ping Tucker’s phone with no success. Authorities are continuing the search, and the public is asked to avoid the area.

Tucker is 6′1″ and 220 lbs., and was last seen wearing a black shirt, white shorts and purple shoes.

[...]

If a car is left abandoned in the desert does LE just tow it without trying to find out who owns the vehicle? Wouldn't they have found out then that the owner had been with the car?
My same thoughts, @branmuffin.
This whole thing is scary, and IMO, a bit weird.
Hoping both mother and son are okay, but...

If a car is left abandoned in the desert does LE just tow it without trying to find out who owns the vehicle? Wouldn't they have found out then that the owner had been with the car?
It sounds like from the timeline in the thread that the troopers found the vehicle before anyone knew she was missing (the son not being able to report it immediately). Normally with an abandoned car, LE will run the plates but they don't use LE resources to find the owner prior to towing if the vehicle is not part of any LE investigation (which at the time of the towing it would not have been as she hadn't been reported missing yet) In Hope's case, she had a speeding ticket in 2019 that would have had her vehicle and address info AT THAT TIME in the system. Public Access Case Lookup

But if she has moved since and hasn't renewed her driver's license recently, LE may not have had any contact info based on just the license plate.

Arizona laws on abandoned vehicles: Chapter 10.20 ABANDONED VEHICLES.

It is my understanding it was on the hwy, I think it would be ticketed and monitored for a day or so , if still there towed and they would try calling. IN az I had loaned a friend a car and they didn't bring it back a few days later police called and asked me where my car was then told me it had been abandoned. So it is possible they left a voicemail and one call is all they do, it goes to the tow yard where the clock ticks until it is classified an abandoned vehicle then eventually auctioned off.

I don't understand why Hope wasn't reported missing while her son was in the hospital for a month. He in the care of a relative now, so someone must have picked up on the fact that his mother was AWOL. Even if they thought she abandoned him you'd think there would be some investigation? Or did it take the whole month to figure out the son's identity?

Awe this is very sad. I feel like this is a recovery investigation. What is confusing to me is that her son has been in the care of other releatives since his release from hopsital back in May. Where did the relatives THINK Hope Tucker was all that time until her son was able to convey that she had been with him that day and has been missing since?

Awe this is very sad. I feel like this is a recovery investigation. What is confusing to me is that her son has been in the care of other releatives since his release from hopsital back in May. Where did the relatives THINK Hope Tucker was all that time until her son was able to convey that she had been with him that day and has been missing since?
It is possible the son was a john doe due to his communication struggles and that could have impeded reaching relatives. A lot of families don't talk everyday so they may have not known anything was amiss until police contacted them.
I would think she didn't get far from the vehicle before the medical event they think may have happened, curious how far the quick trip was from where the car had been towed from.....

I agree on the recovery investigation.

If the son was found May 24 and spent about a month in the hospital, then he has only been released in the last day or two. If I understand the news report correctly.

They tow it, for public safety. Most people report their cars missing at some point. So, the car gets together with the owner.

Interesting, no friends or family reported her missing. Work? Neighbors?

They tow it, for public safety. Most people report their cars missing at some point. So, the car gets together with the owner.

Interesting, no friends or family reported her missing. Work? Neighbors?
truth, I think a lot of people just don't get involved. My neighbors would not notice I was missing, these days they just think oh you moved out or .... and employers, they for the most part would send your last check , depending on the size of the company and type of work. jmo

truth, I think a lot of people just don't get involved. My neighbors would not notice I was missing, these days they just think oh you moved out or .... and employers, they for the most part would send your last check , depending on the size of the company and type of work. jmo

Yes. I guess that there are people who are that isolated and alone. I just wonder why she didn't call AAA or a tow truck, or law enforcement.

Yes. I guess that there are people who are that isolated and alone. I just wonder why she didn't call AAA or a tow truck, or law enforcement.
it sounds to me like she moved them to shade or attempted to find shade and had some kind of medical emergency, not sure what the article is eluding to, but her poor son can't communicate well yet. I would think if it is a recovery she would be somewhere between where the car was towed and the quick trip.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back