Found Deceased AZ - Hope Tucker, 46, w/adult autistic son when vehicle broke down, son found seeking shade in medical distress 24 May, Buckeye, rptd miss 22 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my, this is the one I think, closest. that young man had quite a difficult journey, I am in tears thinking of his fear and anxiety. edit to add * looks like he followed along the hwy to the next exit so I am guessing they were in that desert area between the two exits.

1719258580310.png

They tow it, for public safety. Most people report their cars missing at some point. So, the car gets together with the owner.

Interesting, no friends or family reported her missing. Work? Neighbors?
I have reread the article I think the car was on the roadway, possibly in the emergency lane, no note, two had to be done for other drivers safety.

While speaking with investigators, Tucker’s son said he saw her close her eyes and stop talking, Carissa Planalp, a Buckeye police spokesperson, told McClatchy News in an email.

Tucker’s son believes he saw his mom die, Planalp said.

Police said Tucker “may have suffered a life-threatening medical emergency” shortly after leaving the vehicle.

Buckeye officers tried pinging Tucker’s phone but haven’t been successful, officials said.

On June 24, drone operators searched a “desert area” with help from search dogs and Gila River officers, according to an Instagram post by officers.

Officers said they are paying “close attention to location cues” given by Tucker’s son during the search.

w
While speaking with investigators, Tucker’s son said he saw her close her eyes and stop talking, Carissa Planalp, a Buckeye police spokesperson, told McClatchy News in an email.

Tucker’s son believes he saw his mom die, Planalp said.

Police said Tucker “may have suffered a life-threatening medical emergency” shortly after leaving the vehicle.

Buckeye officers tried pinging Tucker’s phone but haven’t been successful, officials said.

On June 24, drone operators searched a “desert area” with help from search dogs and Gila River officers, according to an Instagram post by officers.

Officers said they are paying “close attention to location cues” given by Tucker’s son during the search.
Who knows how far they wandered off the road looking for shade.

JUN 25, 2024
[...]

Tucker, who lives in California, is now caring for his grandson Tashawn, after his mother Hope Tucker, 46, disappeared a month ago in Buckeye.

[...]

“[Tashawn] shared with me that they found some kind of hillside and a tree, and they laid down," Tucker said. "Then he says she just stopped breathing,"

... However, he did tell Tucker that he tried to walk back to their car to find water but instead, he got lost.

[...]

Two days later, police said they found Tashawn outside a gas station about five miles away from the car and in bad shape. They took him to a nearby hospital to recover. Tucker said he was severely dehydrated and diagnosed with an acute kidney infection.

Tashawn remained in the hospital for 27 days according to his grandfather. Then just last week, they contacted Tucker and told him they had his grandson.

[...]

JUN 25, 2024
[...]

Tucker, who lives in California, is now caring for his grandson Tashawn, after his mother Hope Tucker, 46, disappeared a month ago in Buckeye.

[...]

“[Tashawn] shared with me that they found some kind of hillside and a tree, and they laid down," Tucker said. "Then he says she just stopped breathing,"

... However, he did tell Tucker that he tried to walk back to their car to find water but instead, he got lost.

[...]

Two days later, police said they found Tashawn outside a gas station about five miles away from the car and in bad shape. They took him to a nearby hospital to recover. Tucker said he was severely dehydrated and diagnosed with an acute kidney infection.

Tashawn remained in the hospital for 27 days according to his grandfather. Then just last week, they contacted Tucker and told him they had his grandson.

[...]
how traumatic for Tashawn :( Hoping they can find his mama and lay her to rest as a family

"I was just shocked," he said.

He immediately flew into Phoenix to pick-up his grandson and asked him what happened. That's when he said Tashawn told him about the heartbreaking situation. While incredibly thankful that Tashawn is alive, Tucker prays his daughter will be found.
'I miss her and I love her': Father of missing woman prays she will be found after she was last seen a month ago in Buckeye

"I was just shocked," he said.

He immediately flew into Phoenix to pick-up his grandson and asked him what happened. That's when he said Tashawn told him about the heartbreaking situation. While incredibly thankful that Tashawn is alive, Tucker prays his daughter will be found.
'I miss her and I love her': Father of missing woman prays she will be found after she was last seen a month ago in Buckeye
So so sad. In our news today not far from there a lady had a flat tire and decided to walk home they think she succumbed to the heat she was found the next day. The desert is unforgiving.

Tucker said Tashawn has autism and is non-verbal. However, he did tell Tucker that he tried to walk back to their car to find water but instead, he got lost.

"[Hope] would never leave Tashawn," Tucker said. "She was so overprotective over Tashawn, that was her whole life.”
'I miss her and I love her': Father of missing woman prays she will be found after she was last seen a month ago in Buckeye :(

Tucker said Tashawn has autism and is non-verbal. However, he did tell Tucker that he tried to walk back to their car to find water but instead, he got lost.

"[Hope] would never leave Tashawn," Tucker said. "She was so overprotective over Tashawn, that was her whole life.”
'I miss her and I love her': Father of missing woman prays she will be found after she was last seen a month ago in Buckeye :(
I have questions. I worked in the adults with cognitive disabilities field for 12 years. Nonverbal means that they know limited words and can't really tell you anything beneficial and usually self abuse to communicate health issues. If he can tell his Grandfather what happened. Is he more mute? He can't verbally communicate but can write to convey his messages?

I have questions. I worked in the adults with cognitive disabilities field for 12 years. Nonverbal means that they know limited words and can't really tell you anything beneficial and usually self abuse to communicate health issues. If he can tell his Grandfather what happened. Is he more mute? He can't verbally communicate but can write to convey his messages?
I was interpreting it as perhaps he was not comfortable communicating with strangers and has limited abilities. Maybe Grandfather understands him better and brings him comfort?

maybe he uses assisted communication devices?

maybe he uses assisted communication devices?
My question was answered. Outside of the field of cognitive disabilities people describe nonverbal differently. Mostly as a person doesn't speak. Within the field we use nonverbal differently. Nonverbal means they cannot express themselves with any type of communication (talking, writing, signing, assisted devices, etc). People's use of words are different based on their backgrounds and uses. Hence why I asked for clarification. Now that I am on the same page as the commenter it is all good. :)

June 28
Police have expanded the search area for a missing Buckeye woman based on new information provided by her son.

In an update posted to social media Thursday afternoon, Buckeye PD said a “specialized forensic interviewer” met with Tucker’s son on Wednesday. Based on additional details he provided, the search has now been expanded further north of the highway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980
Back