Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like responding with a sad face because I believe he is guilty of both.
Same. I'm relieved and saddened at the same time. It must be a very difficult time for Russell's family and friends.

Although I'm disappointed that Lynn wasn't found guilty on both counts, I'm so glad that the jury was able to see through his web of deceit and see him as the lying, callous murderer that he is.

Last edited:
“At a pre-trial hearing, Crown prosecutor Daniel Porceddu raised the possibility of calling Lisa Lynn’s family to give evidence about Lynn’s character and how they maintained their daughter had died.

In open court, Porceddu read statements from Lisa Lynn’s parents.

“Lisa kept a diary from the day Greg left the marriage. The diary details the abusive phone calls and death threats and verbal abuse to their children made by Greg.
I am also aware ... Greg broke into the house and stole the car, leaving Lisa with two young children and no form of transport … no money.

“As far as I am concerned, Greg is responsible for my daughter’s death by mental torture. I know she was living in absolute fear of Greg. Her actions were a combination of the fear and terror she lived under,” Lisa Lynn’s mother wrote.

The statements were ultimately withheld from the jury after Lynn’s defence labelled them slabs of prejudicial material and the trial judge agreed.

Last edited:
“Lisa kept a diary from the day Greg left the marriage. The diary details the abusive phone calls and death threats and verbal abuse to their children made by Greg.
I am also aware ... Greg broke into the house and stole the car, leaving Lisa with two young children and no form of transport … no money.

“As far as I am concerned, Greg is responsible for my daughter’s death by mental torture. I know she was living in absolute fear of Greg. Her actions were a combination of the fear and terror she lived under,” Lisa Lynn’s mother wrote.

The statements were ultimately withheld from the jury after Lynn’s defence labelled them slabs of prejudicial material and the trial judge agreed.

He was just a time bomb waiting to go off and Russell Hill and Carol Clay were the poor unfortunates who happened to be there when it did.

I do remember reading a lot of details re his first wife, both on a forum somewhere plus news articles.
The articles disappeared awhile after GL was arrested, and the forum thread was made private I think.

But a lot is coming back to me reading the link that @BoysTown has posted.

“He has a warped mind, he has done things in the past like killing animals and neighbours’ pets, and refused to feed the children.

“On one occasion, he exploded into a fit of uncontrollable rage when we went for dinner at the Macedon Hotel. He verbally attacked a man in the bar … then redirected that rage to Lisa when we left the hotel.”

Lisa Lynn’s father said his daughter feared repercussions from Lynn and lived in terror, so she did not pursue charges against him once they separated.

A former roommate of Lynn’s back in the 1990s recalled Lynn flying an air ambulance out of Tullamarine

The man said even back then the pilot loved to walk alone in the bush, often going on multi-day hikes through Victoria’s High Country and parts of Tasmania.

He was not a pleasant person. Pedantic (which probably makes a good pilot). Moody and easy to anger. Tight with money. Had the most unfair utility split I ever came across. I learnt to avoid him,” he told this masthead.

“He has a warped mind, he has done things in the past like killing animals and neighbours’ pets, and refused to feed the children.

“On one occasion, he exploded into a fit of uncontrollable rage when we went for dinner at the Macedon Hotel. He verbally attacked a man in the bar … then redirected that rage to Lisa when we left the hotel.”

Lisa Lynn’s father said his daughter feared repercussions from Lynn and lived in terror, so she did not pursue charges against him once they separated.
And he did not attend his first wife’s funeral.

There were numerous reports nominating the "Button Man" as a person of interest.
Members of the public and police officers submitting strange encounters with him.
By July 2020 police had received 159 information reports.
Phone records eliminated Button Man.
*From the Age article

It feels inappropriate that I feel a little emotional about this end, since I'm not connected with Russell or Carol personally. I have followed this case as I met them once camping and chatted with Russell for a bit. They were very kind. I really feel for both their families. What an ordeal they have been through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member