Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even know if Carol was shot once, or if she was shot more than once. The shot to the head may not have been the first shot.

Lynn has described that there were several shots. He 'says' some were in the air. Were they? How would we know with Carol's and Russell's remains being completely destroyed?
Spot on. In the search for truth here, the first thing we need to do is disregard the guy trying to save his bacon by fabricating a convenient story.

A scary view to hold.
Not really. That's how a trial works. Its why the judge told the jury to try harder to be unanimous. That's part of the jury's job - to be unanimous. If there's one person digging in their heels, it's entirely up to them. It's probably going to be tricky to turn around 11 other juror's positions though, especially 2nd week in to deliberations.

If Lynn muredered them both then why wouldn't he just have coaxed them away from their campsite and killed them rather than be left with having to concoct a doubtful story?. Or is this part of the game a serial killer plays?
Because he wasn't planning to kill them for very long - IMO he was so enraged by Russell that he killed him with only a few moments' intent, and then Carol because she was a witness.

Lynn was so meticulous in covering up 2 murders, IMO it will be a very sad day if they don’t find him guilty of both counts. He only told his version of the truth after he was captured, prior to that there was zero remorse and I still doubt there is any.

Please find him guilty today.

Not really. That's how a trial works. Its why the judge told the jury to try harder to be unanimous. That's part of the jury's job - to be unanimous. If there's one person digging in their heels, it's entirely up to them. It's probably going to be tricky to turn around 11 other juror's positions though, especially 2nd week in to deliberations.
Oi . . . it's not digging in their heels when a person won't say they've concluded what they haven't. And the Jury Act changed, in 2015 I think it was, because some juries were delivering verdicts that they weren't completely satisfied with, just because they thought they had a duty to reach agreement. What I meant by digging in my heels, my brain doesn't work well with people around, to the extent that after about three days I start to get hallucinations; add in a bit of bullying, and my choices are to cave in and go with the crowd, or . . . what? Say I can't think like this and I'm not going to pretend I can. There doesn't seem to be an option consistent with fulfilling the duties of a juror. I liked Breaking News' story about bringing calm.

We don't even know if Carol was shot once, or if she was shot more than once. The shot to the head may not have been the first shot.

Lynn has described that there were several shots. He 'says' some were in the air. Were they? How would we know with Carol's and Russell's remains being completely destroyed?
At close range, the red dot from the laser sight of the shotgun would be pointing at her head, whereas, the barrel boresight where the solid shot projectile will travel when fired would hit a couple of centimeters lower ie through the side mirror and deflect into her body. Thus requiring GL to finish her off with a second shot to the skull. IMO

I think we have to wonder why the change in thinking.

Immediately after the deaths.
"I didn't hide the bodies. I placed them there. I expected them to be found," the accused man replied. Link

After Lynn realised that HE was on the police radar.
"I realised it was unravelling," Lynn said.
"I realised I had to go back ...
Lynn told police in November 2020 he returned to the Union Spur track where he set fire to the remains of Hill and Clay. Link

It is reasonably certain that something about those remains pointed to murder.
Because Lynn destroyed the remains, then later showed the police where the place of destruction was.

imo
ABC link really useful, thank you.

It's concerning. If they can't work that out, what else are they getting confused about. No wonder this is taking so long.
Thinking back to the case I was on, the defendant was on 13 charges. From memory we treated them all as one and were never asked to do any different. Long time ago though. Perhaps my memory is failing me?

Feeling for those 12 jurors. Would be going nuts if I was locked up in a room with 11 strangers for over a week with no end in sight.

Oi . . . it's not digging in their heels when a person won't say they've concluded what they haven't. And the Jury Act changed, in 2015 I think it was, because some juries were delivering verdicts that they weren't completely satisfied with, just because they thought they had a duty to reach agreement. What I meant by digging in my heels, my brain doesn't work well with people around, to the extent that after about three days I start to get hallucinations; add in a bit of bullying, and my choices are to cave in and go with the crowd, or . . . what? Say I can't think like this and I'm not going to pretend I can. There doesn't seem to be an option consistent with fulfilling the duties of a juror. I liked Breaking News' story about bringing calm.

When your number gets selected to be a juror and you go into the room where you work as a group for the coming weeks you see that there are a number of support services available. It's definitely one of the toughest jobs I've done.

I was really just trying to point out that it is a team effort to be unanimous. Everyone in the jury need to be flexible and understand that others may not be on the same page.
I was also trying to point out that as time goes by in deliberations, jury members will start seeing other points of view and collectively start channelling their thoughts in a particular direction. If after many days passing there is one person that is not on the same page as everyone, as I said, it's entirely their choice if they want to stick with their opinion but they should also realise that they're going to need to have something profound up their sleeve to sway the 11 others from their position.

Again, it is a team effort to be unanimous and it is the reason the judge has told the jury to try harder.

Brain matter doesn't usually splatter itself against the side of a landcruiser.

Without causing immediate death anyway.
Now it seems you're just taking the piss. As far as I know biological tissue of the head does not have an inbuilt aversion to Toyotas. Mr Lynns account may be entirely fictitious or he may have cleaned any remnant from the vehicle using bleach or other sterilisers, he may have donned his "I'm the only 'helpful pilot gloves''. He may have shot both victims multiple times near the campsite or elsewhere but, he then callously moved and incinerated both victims bodies. He could've removed the shells from their bodies post death, he might've shot them with his rifle as well. He had plenty of time from when he first left these people to rot in the bush to reconsider and not keep the supposedly 'tragic accidents' to himself. There would've been more evidence, but he chose to cruelly ameliorate them and his connection to their deaths all because he was worried about losing his licenses, so he should, he was unsafe and reckless in his storage in a public place. Diddums to Greg Lynn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia