AK AK - Mason Roberson, 16, took off after his parents caught him drinking, smashed his phone, homeschooled, Anchorage, 18 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does he have social media- anyone dug anything up?

I wish we knew more details. Says he was last seen around 6am after a fight with parents 9verhis drinking alcohol.

Was he out with friends and strolled in sometime before 6am? Was he at home the whole time drinkng alone? Parents' stash of alcohol? His own? Unknown?
the family has been very forthcoming with information.
Mason was found intoxicated in his home by his parents. My impression about what Dad stated on Nextdoor is that there are not a whole lot of friends. Mason was not hanging with friends as he doesn't seem to have friends. My impression, although not stated, is that this is a depressed teen, homeschooled for that reason. My impression is he was drinking at home alone. Parents discovered this, confronted him and he took off down the street. Neighbors doorbell cameras showed him smashing his phone and parents were able to retrieve phone.

He has not been seen since this camera view.

He was wearing shorts and a sweatshirt, and its cold at night. He has no id, no money, no phone. He lives near a bluff to the mudflats which are similar to quicksand and the tides come in fast. However, the bluffs and the flats and the woods near the house have been fully searched and there is no sign of mason.

He has mentioned knowing someone in the valley. This is why they consider he might have hitched a ride to the valley. There are buses - and hitchhiking is not terribly uncommon compared to the rest of the country - i would, even if driving alone - pick up a young person hitchhiking without much caution.

This is not a case of a kid run wild and partying with friends. Mason is a homeschooled homebody. He may have friends but they are likely online friends, and he does not have an electronic way to contact them. The library does have public use PCs, so i suppose that is possible.

Lots of locals assume its just a party kid run away. After reading what dad wrote about Mason and the circumstances, I am very concerned for Mason's safety, I do not believe he's a party kid hanging out with friends getting wasted. At about the same age, my son was also depressive and had no friends. I see that this could have been us, this could have been my son and I hope every day that Mason is out partying with friends. That is the best case scenario.

Last edited:
the family has been very forthcoming with information.
Mason was found intoxicated in his home by his parents. My impression about what Dad stated on Nextdoor is that there are not a whole lot of friends. Mason was not hanging with friends as he doesn't seem to have friends. My impression, although not stated, is that this is a depressed teen, homeschooled for that reason. My impression is he was drinking at home alone. Parents discovered this, confronted him and he took off down the street. Neighbors doorbell cameras showed him smashing his phone and parents were able to retrieve phone.

He has not been seen since this camera view.

He was wearing shorts and a sweatshirt, and its cold at night. He has no id, no money, no phone. He lives near a bluff to the mudflats which are similar to quicksand and the tides come in fast. However, the bluffs and the flats and the woods near the house have been fully searched and there is no sign of mason.

He has mentioned knowing someone in the valley. This is why they consider he might have hitched a ride to the valley. There are buses - and hitchhiking is not terribly uncommon compared to the rest of the country - i would, even if driving alone - pick up a young person hitchhiking without much caution.

This is not a case of a kid run wild and partying with friends. Mason is a homeschooled homebody. He may have friends but they are likely online friends, and he does not have an electronic way to contact them. The library does have public use PCs, so i suppose that is possible.

Lots of locals assume its just a party kid run away. After reading what dad wrote about Mason and the circumstances, I am very concerned for Mason's safety, I do not believe he's a party kid hanging out with friends getting wasted. At about the same age, my son was also depressive and had no friends. I see that this could have been us, this could have been my son and I hope every day that Mason is out partying with friends. That is the best case scenario.
Didn't mean to imply that I thought the parents weren't being forthcoming with information- however you have provided a good example of what I was trying to point out- which is that not many details about Mason, his life & habits and the details of that morning have been reported in the media, it seems all of that sort of info has been shared by the dad..... on nextdoor.

Didn't mean to imply that I thought the parents weren't being forthcoming with information- however you have provided a good example of what I was trying to point out- which is that not many details about Mason, his life & habits and the details of that morning have been reported in the media, it seems all of that sort of info has been shared by the dad..... on nextdoor.
yes.
His parents are clearly very very concerned, but i think to the media and to the LEO that he seems like a rebellious teenaged runaway.

I haven't seen too much non-msm info, but because there was no mention of "after an evening out with friends" or something of that nature, I was leaning towards him solo drinking, which given his young age, that was concerning, imo. Coupled with the differences in his appearance in the photos that were circulated, I wondered if stress or mental health was possibly an issue because he appeared well put together in the photo with the sunglasses and more disheveled in the 2 others that have been heavily circulated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back