Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's undisputed that at a minimum, JS is responsible for child endangerment. Obviously, the endangerment led to the death of her only child, and personally, I don't know how she lives with herself.

Maybe she's catatonic and will forever be given there's been no mention or sighting of JS since the arrest of SS and murder charges more than five months ago! In this day, I think this is pretty significant. No leaks, sighting, nothing!

Relative to JS, unfortunately, we only know of and/or observed JS during what would be the worst time in the life of any parent-- including mother, JS.

Based on observation and opinions of body language and behavioral experts who viewed the same videos we've seen, I've long agreed that there is something off about JS. What's not clear is the actual medical and mental history of JS.

Looking back, I think JS was overwhelmed with parenting a child since the birth of MS and speculate she had significant assistance from her father, followed by SS, who targeted JS because she had the golden egg -- a child. And SS was textbook perfect in predation, grooming, and manipulation-- successfully keeping the trust of mother and child until MS began to challenge her abuser.

Lastly, I think it's very much possible that JS had outside forces following their own instincts to separate SS from MS and probably why SS moved out of the Soto residence in December. For example, JS father and MS grandfather, owner of the residence, giving JS an ultimatum to remove SS from the home or forfeit her tenancy. This is all speculation and MOO, and we will probably have to wait until trial to learn the true dynamics of this case.

And I'm also trusting that JS is probably not competent to speak to investigators at this time and/or where they have insufficient information here to determine JS mens rea (specific intent/mental state)-- hence the silence by Investigators.

I'm reminded of Matthew Coleman who confessed to driving his children to Mexico where he murdered them with a spear, and has been in the custody of federal BPO/mental institution going on 4 years hoping to restore him competent to face trial. Here, BOP physician determined that Coleman met the criteria for unspecified schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders as set out in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and was not competent to stand trial. Prior to this unthinkable event, Coleman and his wife ran a successful surfing school in Santa Barbara.

This is such a disturbing case. IMO, giving birth alone does not make for a mother. And while I mostly feel that absent any maternal instinct to protect her child and/or put the needs of her child above her own need for a 'babysitter with benefits,' I don't think JS should have had custody of MS or any child.

But I also have to acknowledge that unlike Coleman, my opinion of JS is absent crucial information about JS's mental history before, during, or after SS.

And so we wait...

MOO
Thank you for this beautiful insightful post.

Maddie did have a good relationship with her father and step mother. They live in TX and have children younger than Maddie. She visited them in the summer and on school breaks. They kept in contact when she was back in FL at school. That sounds like a pretty typical interstate custody arrangement to me, especially for a father who wasn't with the mother at the time of the child's birth and never initially lived in the house with the child.

She was very close to her stepmother, especially. Her dad and stepmother have stated repeatedly that they didn't see any signs and wish Maddie has confided in them. We've seen this in multiple interviews and articles written about them since Maddie's murder. They're victims here and baseless accusations* of them not being involved are incorrect as well as disrespectful to them as victims grieving Maddie's loss. JMO.

*Not necessarily in this comment I'm replying directly to, but in some others that preceeded it.
Thank you for the update.

Beautiful tribute Maddies step mother wrote.

As a daughter, Madeline embraced her role with grace and warmth, effortlessly weaving herself into the fabric of our family. Despite any challenges she faced, Madeline approached life with unwavering optimism and resilience. Her laughter echoed through our home, brightening even the darkest of days. I will miss brushing and braiding your beautiful long blonde hair and letting you dig through my immense amounts of skincare and makeup palettes. You are the light of my life and I am so blessed to have known such a sweet soul. You will always be remembered as the young girl running through pumpkin patches, learning to fish, feeding baby goats and jumping in to corn pits when you would come visit us. It’s hard to imagine that you are gone. You had just received your gift from daddy and I. Your picture with the bear ears headband made me so happy because you loved skincare and I was excited to share my knowledge with you. I wanted to see you go to high school. We were suppose to pick out your prom dress when you turned 18 and see you walk across the stage at graduation. College, engagement, marriage and children but unfortunately we were robbed of seeing you create a beautiful future. Daddy and Tati love you so much. Rest in peace baby girl. We will see you later.

Madeline's memory will forever be cherished by all who had the privilege of knowing her. Though she may no longer walk among us, her spirit will live on in the countless lives she touched. Let us find solace in the knowledge that Madeline's legacy of love will endure for eternity. Rest peacefully, sweet Madeline, knowing you were deeply loved and will be profoundly missed.

Madeline Sophia Soto - View Obituary & Service Information

Hey Everyone,
Remember the days when I used to come on and whine and ask for money? Remember how annoying all those ads were on the forum? The good news is that thanks to our partnership with Othram, we are free of my whining and those obnoxious ads.
If you like the fact that we are ad-free then please consider making a monthly donation to DNA Solves.com CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR A MONTHLY DONATION TO DNA SOLVES
By subscribing and making a monthly donation, you will be helping the families finally get the answers they deserve.
The amazing people at DNA Solves/Othram care deeply about finding the families of the unidentified.
Even 5 dollars a month would go a long way to finding the families of the unidentified.
Please do not discuss this on this thread. CLICK HERE if you would like to discuss further or have any questions.
Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Manager/Websleuths.com

Do you have a link to support MS being very close to her stepmother?

"But because they lived thousands of miles away from Madeline and finances were tight, they rarely saw her."

Respectfully, I don't think MS was "very close" to either her dad or stepmom, regardless of what they may say now. MOO, YMMV, etc.

Edit: @Bounceycat this was meant to be a reply to you but I forgot to quote your post. Again, MOO, YMMV.

"But because they lived thousands of miles away from Madeline and finances were tight, they rarely saw her."

Respectfully, I don't think MS was "very close" to either her dad or stepmom, regardless of what they may say now. MOO, YMMV, etc.

Edit: @Bounceycat this was meant to be a reply to you but I forgot to quote your post. Again, MOO, YMMV.
I agree with you. I think that they lived their own lives and now are over stating how close they were to Madeline.

Good reminder by Florida State Attorney guest on Law & Crime tweet linked above (Crime Fix) about not triggering the speedy trial clock prematurely, and/or filing charges when evidence is still in question or investigation incomplete.

And there's no statute of limitation on murder. I believe on lesser felonies, prosecution must begin within four years of the date of offense. As we've heard before, the prosecution only gets one bite at the apple.

Good find, @Seattle1. Very interesting stuff in the video you posted. For the life of me, I can't imagine what in the world SS could have gone back for, that wasn't cash, that had to be redacted. And whatever it was that she retrieved from his bedroom, it was more than one of whatever it was (she "secured them"). What would she have thought had to be secured in her bedroom, that was originally in his, especially because whatever it was had to be redacted? I can't even begin to imagine what it was, or even why. And secured them from whom? SS? Whatever it was was his to begin with, or they wouldn't have been in his bedroom. I hope we're privy to that info at some point!

1722894989072.png

Video source to keep things together:

Good find, @Seattle1. Very interesting stuff in the video you posted. For the life of me, I can't imagine what in the world SS could have gone back for, that wasn't cash, that had to be redacted. And whatever it was that she retrieved from his bedroom, it was more than one of whatever it was (she "secured them"). What would she have thought had to be secured in her bedroom, that was originally in his, especially because whatever it was had to be redacted? I can't even begin to imagine what it was, or even why. And secured them from whom? SS? Whatever it was was his to begin with, or they wouldn't have been in his bedroom. I hope we're privy to that info at some point!

View attachment 522742

OK, I don't recommend googling what is a 'sex doll torso'...

Mom (Debra) must have been horrified -- esp if she believed it might be real.

I'm also curious how much cash he ripped off from the parents home. Did SS think he might have time to consult with a lawyer?

Still playing rescuer/persecutor -- did SS give the cash to JS?

I'm so heartbroken for this lovely child who endured so much in her short life span. :(

MOO

View attachment 522742

....and secured them...

Sounds like fire arms, no?

Pets, prescription or non prescription drugs? Weapons make the most sense.

JMO

I'm also curious how much cash he ripped off from the parents home. Did SS think he might have time to consult with a lawyer?

I'm so heartbroken for this lovely child who endured so much in her short life span. :(

MOO
You warned me. But of course, I did it anyway. He had one of THOSE???? IN HIS PARENTS' HOUSE??? Given his history, I can't be shocked. But I am. He wasn't 14. Or 19.

Was the whole world for his personal, sick convenience?

Still ordering up books like he's off at summer camp.

It's like his CARE center is fried.

I mean the part where people are supposed to care about other people. It's just SS and his needs.

Everything about him, revolting.

JMO

....and secured them...

JMO
I do think you are onto something there. He does have weapons, we've seen that in the data dump. Pg 200 for one/

I observed a handgun in the rear back pocket of the driver's seat in the Lincoln MKZ, which Stephan stated he usually leaves it in the vehicle.

But what's interesting to me now that you brought up the possibility it was guns... what possessed her to go into his room to "secure them" in her room? What was going through her head? It would have to be something because most parents aren't going to go into their son's room to retrieve guns and put them in "safekeeping". Not unless they have a good reason to. I'd think she would have had to think that he'd do something bad with them (kill himself? Did he call either of them and sound suicidal? That's me musing out loud as I haven't read that he was).

Things that make you go hmmm...

....and secured them...

JMO
Of course, guns -- that sounds most likely. Don't know why I hadn't even thought of that.

I'm confused though on another part of that report. About the police hearing her yelling Maddie's name outside her house? That's what the commentator on the video thought that redacted part meant. But in the first mention of it, it says they pulled up to the house and Ms Stearns was outside yelling for a [redacted]. The way he said that, I thought he meant she was yelling for a dog, because he said "a" before the redacted part. But it wouldn't make sense that he would redact the word dog. Maaaaybe I could see him redacting the dog's name, but then there wouldn't be the "a" in front of a name.

But if the redacted part says Maddie, why is there an "a" in there? "yelling for a Maddie"?? OK well, now I can see that that might be possible after all. Seems weird to write it that way though, especially given that the cop would have recognized the name Maddie as the victim's name. But it's possible, I guess. Also I know it may have been just a typo and he didn't really even mean to type the "a" at all. So never mind that.

But also, it still doesn't make sense to me that that redacted part would say Maddie. Why would she be outside yelling for Maddie? They said maybe she thought SS had brought her back to their house and left her in the woods. Did they mean maybe she thought Maddie might be back there in the woods somewhere, alive? Like maybe he tied her up outside or left her injured or something? That's all so very weird. And how all this was happening just as LE showed up. Seems strange. Even though it was at 3 am when she woke up to the dogs barking and thought SS had come back.

And what happened with that also? Did she not get up to see if it was him? WAS it him? Was he or anyone else there when she got up in the morning? Why would she not think it would be her husband? Just because he's never awake at that hour probably. But she said her husband was supposed to be in Kissimee or wherever SS was, because he had to go help him with a "housing crisis". What was that about? And why would SS be coming back to her house while Dad was off supposedly helping SS?

And Maddie was already reported missing at this time, and CS had gone, as we know, to where SS was, but not for any housing crisis, but because of the missing Maddie. Did CS make up the "housing crisis" story as an excuse to go to SS, and avoid telling DS about Maddie?? But DS did know about Maddie, we know, because she talked to local LE about it. So why was DS still saying CS had gone to SS for some housing crisis issue, whatever that means? That part totally confused me.

I'm confused though on another part of that report. About the police hearing her yelling Maddie's name outside her house?
^^rsbm

Yes, knowing SS had been home in the middle of the night, SS's mother thought he could have hidden MS in the woods behind their home -- hence she was outside calling for Maddie.

MOO
I absolutely love that last photo of her. She looks so pretty and grown up in her blue dress, so free and happy. So damned heartbreaking that the innocent ones end up suffering while that filth continues to live.

^^rsbm

Yes, knowing SS had been home in the middle of the night, SS's mother thought he could have hidden MS in the woods behind their home -- hence she was outside calling for Maddie.
God, that poor woman. But what about his Dad? He seemed to be involved with SS a lot. Loaning his car, trying to get him a job, did I read he was at Maddie’s birthday party, or not?

God, that poor woman. But what about his Dad? He seemed to be involved with SS a lot. Loaning his car, trying to get him a job, did I read he was at Maddie’s birthday party, or not?

I don't believe any Sterns attended MS birthday party. Also, I understand that the husband/father traveled to be with SS/JS and had stayed at the same hotel. I think this is confirmed in the Court documents. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487