Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had sort of the same thoughts as all of you above, and found this document on Code-3 designation from the Orange County Sheriff’s Department, which is the responding department: https://ocsheriff.gov/sites/ocsd/files/2021-03/Policy 316 Response to Calls.pdf

My interpretation is that it’s less about lights and sirens than it is about emergency vs. non-emergency, ie. responding immediately or not. I would guess that the Sheriff’s dept. has unofficial norms for what qualifies as Code-3 or not, and it seems both these deputies would have expected this to be a Code-3. If I heard the audio correctly, the text+subtext would be something like this:
Body cam deputy - The family of the girl has been calling since I don’t know when—can you check? Why wasn’t this prioritized so we’d get called here earlier?
Vehicle deputy - The first call to report her missing was at 16:39. I also don’t know why this wasn’t prioritized.​

A lot of us had the question of why deputies didn’t get there until night time or why it took three 911 calls. It seems the answer might be that, for whatever reason, the dispatcher did not consider the calls to be Code-3. If I recall correctly, some of the 911 calls even mentioned that all the deputies were busy at that time.

I’m not the OP but I pointed out this very interesting conversation in a previous thread.

The one deputy is asking the other deputy what time the mother called in to report her daughter missing. I am only assuming here — but it seems that her call wasn’t coded as an emergency by the dispatcher and that’s why there was a delayed response by LE. IOW, the deputy is questioning why the mom’s call wasn’t coded as an emergency when it first came in.

ETA: I was never able to discern the second deputy’s response to his question.
The deputies assumed the mom called, but it was actually the sister who called twice and then Jen's mother to relay the urgency of the matter. It doesn't appear that JS ever called 911 to report her daughter was missing.

I thought it was interesting when the initial dispatcher asked what Maddie was last seen wearing (around 3:40 mark), she specifically asks for the color of shirt and pants. Jen's sister asks "Jen, um, what color shirt and - like what was she last wearing?" There's some talking in the background but no quick reply to the question, so the sister says "Hold on. We're finding out." About a minute later she responds with "a dark green hoodie," but there's no mention of the color of pants.

Why the delay? (Just like the delay JS had finding a picture of Maddie on her phone.) And why no mention of the pants color when Jen was adamant about MS wearing "black shorts" - even overruling SS, who said Maddie was wearing blue pants - when police arrived?

Why did Jen did not place the call herself, instead putting her sister in the odd position of relaying information from JS, who had been fed info from SS. (Telephone game)

At the 5:50 mark, the dispatcher asks if Maddie has a cell phone on her. The sister replies, "She doesn't, she had one but she left it at home..." She says something after this but I can't make it out. Does anyone know?

At the 5:50 mark, the dispatcher asks if Maddie has a cell phone on her. The sister replies, "She doesn't, she had one but she left it at home..." She says something after this but I can't make it out. Does anyone know?
I think it was determined that she said "conveniently today"

The deputies assumed the mom called, but it was actually the sister who called twice and then Jen's mother to relay the urgency of the matter. It doesn't appear that JS ever called 911 to report her daughter was missing.

I thought it was interesting when the initial dispatcher asked what Maddie was last seen wearing (around 3:40 mark), she specifically asks for the color of shirt and pants. Jen's sister asks "Jen, um, what color shirt and - like what was she last wearing?" There's some talking in the background but no quick reply to the question, so the sister says "Hold on. We're finding out." About a minute later she responds with "a dark green hoodie," but there's no mention of the color of pants.

Why the delay? (Just like the delay JS had finding a picture of Maddie on her phone.) And why no mention of the pants color when Jen was adamant about MS wearing "black shorts" - even overruling SS, who said Maddie was wearing blue pants - when police arrived?

Why did Jen did not place the call herself, instead putting her sister in the odd position of relaying information from JS, who had been fed info from SS. (Telephone game)

Have any officials confirmed that those three calls that were released were the only 911 calls, or that JS did not call 911 From notes I had on the three 911 calls, in the second released call, the caller says they’ve already called 911 three times. That always implied to me that there could have been calls that were not released.

On the delay of finding a picture of Maddie on her phone: This was actually my first time watching any of the body cam footage, including the deputy asking JS for a photo. My read on what is shown in the body cam footage is that she was frantic and looking for a “good” photo to use. Once she pulls one up, she asks the deputy if it’s okay or if they need a full body photo. I’ve seen plenty of crappy missing persons photos—way outdated, photos taken of a photo on a screen, weird facial expression—and it seemed to me like JS could have been looking for a representative photo of MS that would be helpful for strangers, not the first photo she could find.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back