Found Deceased CA - Diem Le Nguyen, 50, Nighthawk Trail on Black Mountain, 23 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe it was stated she worked for the navy, but I don't believe it has been she was active or retired military... Is there such a link? It's San Diego so there are many civilians who may be working in a capacity.
I have not seen whether she was active or not, I'm looking into the foundation and other things I haven't seen mentioned in this thread yet!

In the livestream, you can see group members, including Diem, at the peak. Many people wearing the same event t-shirt. So she wasn’t the only one that continued on.
I think this is HIGHLY significant and should not be ignored. Now learning this information and also seeing the day's schedule:

1719359067260.png

Why - when she was texting her sister at 10:13AM, where they doing "Pushup & Pet Contest"....

To build off what I replied earlier, it is ENTIRELY plausible that this is just a bad case of negligible leadership, but I feel it is too easy to poke holes in, especially knowing she was not alone and is a recent (2017) divorcee.

Thank you*** @slowpoke

It seems they ALL made it to the top?? 200 people (why do original reports say 100?)
My post from yesterday has a link with the info:

Post in thread 'CA - Diem Le Nguyen, 50, Nighthawk Trail on Black Mountain, 23 June 2024'
CA - CA - Diem Le Nguyen, 50, Nighthawk Trail on Black Mountain, 23 June 2024

The inconsistency of this (100 vs 200, stated in the live feed linked at the article above) & the confusion for us - is she in the video? Which one is she? And the trail she took to descend and how it's possible she went completely in the other direction is definitely odd.

THANK YOU for clarifying. The entire group did make it up, or at the very least, the leader and at least 40 or 50 participants did. He states they do this hike during the summer in the heat on purpose, to empathize with the children in Southeast Asia who also walk to school in the hot sun. (I would not do this, but understand the idea of why.)

Thank you*** @slowpoke

It seems they ALL made it to the top?? 200 people (why do original reports say 100?)

The inconsistency of this (100 vs 200, stated in the live feed linked at the article above) & the confusion for us - is she in the video? Which one is she? And the trail she took to descend and how it's possible she went completely in the other direction is definitely odd.

THANK YOU for clarifying. The entire group did make it up, or at the very least, the leader and at least 40 or 50 participants did. He states they do this hike during the summer in the heat on purpose, to empathize with the children in Southeast Asia who also walk to school in the hot sun. (I would not do this, but understand the idea of why.)
That was perfectly stated. I cannot stop thinking "cult".

If you start going down the social media footprint, you'll see a lot of bizarre things...

From the 10news link

".... his non-profit organized the hike, said they do fundraising hikes like these all the time, which include safety briefings, having people hike and mark the trail and sweepers checking for the last person off the trail."

Clearly, this last part did not happen. No one checked for the last person off the trail and were keeping count to make sure no one was astray. Given, these are grown adults so you can't force people to stay with you.

Were there signed waivers? How is this a fundraiser? To go hiking as a group? Is it like a "walk a thon" where you donate to your friends? To do what is essentially an urban hike?

She also has 3 grown children. Sympathies and thoughts go out to them....
If she willingly left the group, I would assume the organizers would not be responsible as that was her decision. If she got lost or separated, that would be a different situation.

This case is scary to me as I belong to walking groups. One time I got left behind at a restroom break. I was pissed off that nobody noticed, but was in an area I knew where I was so I wasn't scared or in danger.

jmo

Thank you*** @slowpoke

I'm all for empathy, but there is no benefit in risking your own health! That makes no sense. The first thing I noticed was how hot her outfit would be on a summer hike. jmo

I'm all for empathy, but there is no benefit in risking your own health! That makes no sense. The first thing I noticed was how hot her outfit would be on a summer hike. jmo
I think part of it is that she is likely at the trailhead about 6:30 am when it is going to be cooler.

I can see a long-sleeved shirt and long brown pants that are heavier and tighter than what I would want on a summer day. Is she also wearing black shorts over the pants, or it that a shadow?

She has a small light blue pack on her back but it doesn't look full to me.

I think part of it is that she is likely at the trailhead about 6:30 am when it is going to be cooler.

I can see a long-sleeved shirt and long brown pants that are heavier and tighter than what I would want on a summer day. Is she also wearing black shorts over the pants, or it that a shadow?

According the post above, the hikers meant to feel hot, out of empathy of the school kids they are raising money to help. jmo

Reposting photos of outfit with source link.

Attachments

• IMG_6280.jpeg
    IMG_6280.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6281.jpeg
    IMG_6281.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6282.jpeg
    IMG_6282.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 20

According to this article:
Sunday
-8:00am Nguyen set out with her hiking group.
-halfway up the mountain, many decided to turn around and head back
-however, Nguyen decided to continue to hike to the Black Mountain’s peak, Meyer said, adding that she did that “on her own, and had nobody with her.”
-10:00ish Nguyen’s family received a phone call from her, sounding distressed and telling them she was at the end of the trail and “stating that she was very hot and needed water.”
-11:30am San Diego County Sheriff’s Department’s helicopter responded to the scene and started a search-and-rescue mission

Monday
9:15am
A female body was found off the trail around a quarter mile from an intersection

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back