GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AUSTIN (KXAN) — Convicted murderer Kaitlin Armstrong has been ordered to pay $15 million to the family of Anna “Mo” Wilson as part of a civil lawsuit, a judge ruled Monday.

KXAN reported in May that Wilson’s parents filed a wrongful death civil lawsuit against Armstrong. Judge Daniella DeSata Lyttle granted $5 million each to Karen and Eric Wilson for “mental anguish, including emotional pain, torment and suffering from the death of [their] daughter,” according to court documents.

Both parents were also granted $2.5 million each for exemplary damages, “in an amount which the court determines sufficient to deter the same or similar actions which gave rise to this suit by [Armstrong] in the future.”

The judge entered a default judgement after Armstrong didn’t respond to the lawsuit or “make an appearance in this case” by the deadline, documents state. The judgment is appealable.

Will that money ever surface?

The family have a $15M Judgment where some say this kind of judgment is only worth the value of the paper it's printed on.

Does she still own real estate in Austin? They might be able to lien the property but I don't think they can force a sale. JMO

It’s sad. I wish there was some type of mandate for it. I don’t think Ron Goldman’s family got anything from OJ either.

In May, Wilson's parents, Karen and Eric Wilson, sued Armstrong for over $1 million in a wrongful death lawsuit, which states that the damages would cover funeral costs and emotional pain caused by Wilson's murder.

“Many of the elements of damage, including the loss society and companionship representing the positive benefits flowing from the love, comfort, companionship and society cannot be determined with mathematical precision,” the lawsuit read, according to CBS News.
[…]
Meanwhile, at Kingdom Trails in northern Vermont, where Wilson grew up, members of the community have named a trail in her honor — "Moriah's Ascent."

The family have a $15M Judgment where some say this kind of judgment is only worth the value of the paper it's printed on.

Does she still own real estate in Austin? They might be able to lien the property but I don't think they can force a sale. JMO

According to property records online, she does not own anything anymore in Travis County or Caldwell County.

In late 2022, she transferred (via quit claim deed) one of the Austin properties to her sister (who continues to hold it) and another to her mother (who sold it earlier this year). In 2023, she and CS transferred the Lockhart property they owned jointly to her mother who transferred it back to CS almost immediately (and he subsequently sold it).

Links:
https://esearch.caldwellcad.org/Property/View/19119?year=2024&ownerId=241223

According to property records online, she does not own anything anymore in Travis County or Caldwell County.

In late 2022, she transferred (via quit claim deed) one of the Austin properties to her sister (who continues to hold it) and another to her mother (who sold it earlier this year). In 2023, she and CS transferred the Lockhart property they owned jointly to her mother who transferred it back to CS almost immediately (and he subsequently sold it).

Links:
https://esearch.caldwellcad.org/Property/View/19119?year=2024&ownerId=241223
Thank you for the detailed info. She knew she would be toast!

I don't think I'll ever forget the grace shown by (Anna Moriah’s mother) KW.
Anna Moriah- a beautiful name.

moo

I just watched the Lifetime movie. It pretty much stuck to the facts as we know them. There were a few small things that they either embellished, or else were not reported in MSM.

I watched via the Lifetime app on Roku, but it can also be seen here for any who have interest. Watch Yoga Teacher Killer: The Kaitlin Armstrong Story | Lifetime

I just watched the Lifetime movie. It pretty much stuck to the facts as we know them. There were a few small things that they either embellished, or else were not reported in MSM.

There was one thing in the movie I didn't remember from the actual case- that Kaitlin's apartment was ransacked the night of Moriah's murder. Did that happen? I found it strange to include in the movie if it didn't....

There was one thing in the movie I didn't remember from the actual case- that Kaitlin's apartment was ransacked the night of Moriah's murder. Did that happen? I found it strange to include in the movie if it didn't....
I don't remember that it was the interior of their home vandalized but that this happened outside where they awoke to find the motorbike parked in the driveway had been kicked over and some landscape bricks pulled out. Something weird like coins or dollar bills flung in the flowerbed. I just recall it being discussing whether or not KA was strong enough to push the bike over. JMO

Yes, it was first brought up by her attorney, then discussed at trial.

Cofer also threw suspicion on Armstrong and Wilson's uncharged ex-boyfriend, Colin Strickland, the Statesman reported. "Why did the Austin Police Department seemingly ignore a tip about the former boyfriend of Ms. Wilson? … Did the inexperience of two key officers assigned to this case play a role in its apparent mishandling? Who vandalized the home of Kaitlin Armstrong and Colin Strickland the night of Wilson's death, and why?"

Spitler and Strickland both testified about a vandalism at Strickland and Armstrong’s south Austin home the night after Wilson was murdered, where Strickland’s motorcycle was pushed into Armstrong’s Jeep.

I noticed that too. IMO it was put in to show Kaitlyn tried to cover up and make it look like an intruder?

I noticed that too. IMO it was put in to show Kaitlyn tried to cover up and make it look like an intruder?
I think you are right. As Seattle said, the trial didn’t reveal actual ransacking of the apartment, just the bike tipped over and rocks tossed around. Cofer had made it seem more extreme in his initial press conference. The movie embellished to help make it clear that it was Kaitlin who did the “vandalism”. As you said, KA could have done it herself to make it seem it was an intruder, or maybe even done by a jealous boyfriend of Moriah’s.

jmo

Well, well, well.

www.fox7austin.com/news/kaitlin-armstrong-lawsuit-moriah-wilson-family

The parents of Anna Moriah Wilson are suing their daughter's convicted killer, Kaitlin Armstrong, along with Armstrong's sister, mother and ex-boyfriend, Colin Strickland.

Wilson's parents...claim the defendants fraudulently transferred Armstrong's properties into their names and sold them, and transferred the money Armstrong had in her bank account to her sister.

This most recent suit claims the transfers were meant to defraud Wilson's parents and deprive them of the money they were supposed to receive as a result of the wrongful death lawsuit they filed earlier this year.

I thought those transactions (www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-moriah-wilson-25-cyclist-fatally-shot-before-race-austin-2022-arrest-10.698294/post-18957078) were sus... especially the ones between CS and KA's mom.

In addition to the deed transfers, the lawsuit states that a Chase bank account in Armstrong's name with $78,000 in it was drained to $10 three days after the Wilson family filed its wrongful death lawsuit against the killer.

...the lawyer representing the Wilson family, said the lawsuit aims to figure out what happened to the money transferred out of the bank account and any money made by the sale of any of Armstrong's properties.

Wilson's family is seeking more than $1 million in this lawsuit and has asked for a jury trial to determine the final amount.
(...)

"What they're interested in doing is making sure Kaitlin doesn't financially benefit, nor does her family financially benefit because of the acts of Kaitlin Armstrong," [the Wilson's lawyer] said. "So if the family has financially benefited, then my clients believe that they're entitled to receive and recoup those recoveries."

Not seeing anything in the allegations made on 12/29/23 that would warrant a new trial for KA. A defendant doesn't get a do over just because they don't like the verdict. I'm not seeing a violation of KA's civil rights or anything to suggest she did not receive a fair trial. To be clear, in Texas, there are two phases in every trial, the guilt/innocence phase and the punishment phase, and there was an opportunity during the penalty phase to address the issues the defense now wants to address. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back