GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Native Americans were the first Texans and laid the solid foundations for its unique sense of identity. Native American Texans were followed by Spanish, Hispanic 'mestizos', anglo whites (KA) and black Americans. Each group added something new, but the core Texan spirit remained the same....

Ok, sentimental historical romance aside....

People have Texans lived, survived- and prospered in Texas for generations with with out AC. KA can, and will, do the same. She just needs to develop a pioneering spirit. This maybe harder to do in a concrete box. But that is when the Texas spirit kicks in- hot and strong.
I do generally agree with you. I've lived in Texas decades and a far number of those years without AC. It's doable. Or at least it was. The rise in temperatures in recent years is notable and alarming. It's not so much the daytime temperatures (although the 44 straight days above 100F that we had last year truly sucked) as it is the nighttime lows staying so high - there is no relief when the sun goes down. Add in the years-long drought and conditions are bleak. There is a point where conditions are just inhumane. I don't know if we've reached that yet but it does warrant consideration for sure.

Good morning Kaitlin, good news! Your release date is only 88 years 1 month and 3 days away. Too long? Don't despair love, you are eligible for parole in 28 years 1 month and 3 days. As a special bonus, it is cooler than it has been in Gatesville today. Enjoy it before the true hellscape of Texas summer begins soon.

Thank you for the update CrimeDawg. IMO KA has earned the absolute right and privilege to be exactly where she is. The murderous actions she undertook were appalling, and the jury and judge have properly given her the earned sentence. It is rather difficult to have sympathy for her in this matter. And IMO there is still a question in my mind as to any possible involvement of her sister in KA fleeing the US to attempt and evade justice. IIUC that evasive flight from the US episode and her other attempt to evade are often considered ‘consciousness of guilt’. MOO

Last edited:
I lived in Austin without AC and it was not that bad if you kept the air moving. Back then a lot of classrooms were not air conditioned. Truly going from being in AC out to the 100 degree outside temperature, biking home and going in to 70 degrees was much harder. I nearly passed out once from drinking water right out of the fridge.

But on the coast where the humidity is higher was brutal. Here in Kentucky if it's 85 after a rain storm it feels oppressive.

In fact, on the Gulf that's what they call it. Afternoons there are oppressive.

I do generally agree with you. I've lived in Texas decades and a far number of those years without AC. It's doable. Or at least it was. The rise in temperatures in recent years is notable and alarming.
Yup. Texan here. June used to be a relatively pleasant prelude to summer; the heat really came on in early July. Brutal summer temps used to have an end sometime in September. Now it's November.
And yes, men and women in Texas prisons will be dying from the extreme heat this summer. Locked in a cell with temps rising above 100 degrees, probably up to 120 degrees, is a form of torture.

4/22/24

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice has defended its protocols for extreme heat, which include providing prisoners with extra water and access to cool “respite” areas. The agency says no one has died from the heat since 2012.

Spokesperson Amanda Hernandez said the agency does not comment on pending litigation. She said two new webpages were recently launched on "enhanced heat protocols" and tracking the construction of 13,714 additional air conditioned inmate beds in state prisons.

"Core to the mission of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice is protecting the public, our employees, and the inmates in our custody," Hernandez said.

Kaitlin could be living on the exotic island of her choice, dipping her toes in cool Caribbean water. Working remotely, sipping adult beverages, wearing out yoga mats.

Her ex boyfriend could be chasing bike shorts, on to his next girlfriend and the next and the next one after that.

Mariah could be burning up the circuit, focused on her career, rising star still rising.

Kaitlin, and Kaitlin alone, changed the script for all of them.

Now she has to, gets to live with that. If that's hell on earth, no one chose it but her.

It would have taken her a year or two, max, to get over a breakup. Instead she's got 99 to go...

JMO

Kaitlin could be living on the exotic island of her choice, dipping her toes in cool Caribbean water. Working remotely, sipping adult beverages, wearing out yoga mats.

Her ex boyfriend could be chasing bike shorts, on to his next girlfriend and the next and the next one after that.

Mariah could be burning up the circuit, focused on her career, rising star still rising.

Kaitlin, and Kaitlin alone, changed the script for all of them.

Now she has to, gets to live with that. If that's hell on earth, no one chose it but her.

It would have taken her a year or two, max, to get over a breakup. Instead she's got 99 to go...

JMO

Megnut that’s some Texas Shakespeare!

2 years or 99, roll of the dice or take your pick…

Well, we knew there’d be a Lifetime movie. We talked about KA not benefiting from media deals. I am also hoping that CS cannot benefit financially. Any profit should go here, IMO: Home - Moriah Wilson Foundation

More at link..

[04/15/24 - 11:34 AM]
Lifetime Greenlights "Yoga Teacher Killer: The Kaitlin Armstrong Story"
The story, based on actual events, tells the tale of a tangled love triangle gone very wrong.

[via press release from Lifetime]
LIFETIME GREENLIGHTS RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES THRILLER "YOGA TEACHER KILLER: THE KAITLIN ARMSTRONG STORY" STARRING REAL-LIFE COUPLE CAITY LOTZ AND KYLE SCHMID AND LARISSA DIAS
NEW YORK, NY (April 15, 2024) - Lifetime greenlights the new Ripped from the Headlines movie Yoga Teacher Killer: The Kaitlin Armstrong Story starring real-life couple Caity Lotz (The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow) and Kyle Schmid (Big Sky, Patsy & Loretta). The story, based on actual events, tells the tale of a tangled love triangle gone very wrong. Larissa Dias (Girl in Room 13) also stars in the movie that is set to debut as part of the network's summer slate.

I'm surprised the Texas legislature doesn't pass legislation that would require the prison system to address this. Prisoners lose their right to live freely in society as a result of their actions, but they shouldn't have to suffer through what you described.

I agree. Young women, with all the hygiene requirements. Not to mention the hot weather inevitably worsening the sanitary conditions and increasing the risk of infectious diseases.

Native Americans were the first Texans and laid the solid foundations for its unique sense of identity. Native American Texans were followed by Spanish, Hispanic 'mestizos', anglo whites (KA) and black Americans. Each group added something new, but the core Texan spirit remained the same....

Ok, sentimental historical romance aside....

Texans lived, survived- and prospered in Texas for generations with with out AC. KA can, and will, do the same. She just needs to develop a pioneering spirit. This maybe harder to do in a concrete box. But, that is when the Texas spirit kicks in- hot and strong.

Over the generations, mankind evolves and changes. Of the Pilgrims boarding the Mayflower, to cross the ocean for the liberty to pray the way they wanted to, only half survived, but the dying ones had the consolation and the hope linked to their faith.
Since that time, we have changed. The awareness that one's only life is to be spent behind bars is bad enough. What Kaitlin did was horrible, and she deserves punishment. Punishment doesn't equal physical suffering.

Over the generations, mankind evolves and changes. Of the Pilgrims boarding the Mayflower, to cross the ocean for the liberty to pray the way they wanted to, only half survived, but the dying ones had the consolation and the hope linked to their faith.
Since that time, we have changed. The awareness that one's only life is to be spent behind bars is bad enough. What Kaitlin did was horrible, and she deserves punishment. Punishment doesn't equal physical suffering.
I agree. I often drive by a particular prison and see prisoners mowing the grass with push mowers. There must be about 20-30 of them adjacent to each other and they mow this acres huge field back and forth, back and forth. I see nothing wrong with that or the other physical tasks they do on road crews, trash pickup, construction etc. They should work, and the work should be hard. Kaitlin should have to work hard. But they all do need to be able to cool off safely.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Convicted murderer Kaitlin Armstrong has been ordered to pay $15 million to the family of Anna “Mo” Wilson as part of a civil lawsuit, a judge ruled Monday.

KXAN reported in May that Wilson’s parents filed a wrongful death civil lawsuit against Armstrong. Judge Daniella DeSata Lyttle granted $5 million each to Karen and Eric Wilson for “mental anguish, including emotional pain, torment and suffering from the death of [their] daughter,” according to court documents.

Both parents were also granted $2.5 million each for exemplary damages, “in an amount which the court determines sufficient to deter the same or similar actions which gave rise to this suit by [Armstrong] in the future.”

The judge entered a default judgement after Armstrong didn’t respond to the lawsuit or “make an appearance in this case” by the deadline, documents state. The judgment is appealable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back