FL FL - Leslie Terrence Fistel, 16, Fort Lauderdale, 1 May 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
New Addition to NamUs
Leslie doesn't have a picture posted of when he went missing - just an age progression.
1718801890637.png.
Missing Person / NamUs
#MP124231 Leslie Terrence Fistel,
Male, White / Caucasian

Case Information​

Demographics​

Missing Age 16 Years
Current Age 60 Years
Legal First Name Leslie
Middle Name Terrence
Legal Last Name Fistel
Chosen Name/Nickname/Alias--

Biological Sex Male
Height5' 11" - 6' 0" (71 - 72 Inches)
Weight150 - 160 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances

Date of Last Contact May 1, 1981
NamUs Case Created June 18, 2024

Last Known Location Map

Location Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33314
County Broward County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Disappearance Sometime around September of 1981, was involved in an argument with his mother, and then climbed out his bedroom window and has not been seen or heard from again. He was never reported missing prior to now. Leslie was 16 years old at the time of his disappearance.

Physical Description​

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Hazel
Right Eye Color Hazel
Eye Description--

My gosh was his mother so angry or frustrated with him that she didn’t bother to report him gone? What about Dad, siblings, family, friends? Surely they loved him and cared, at least after he’d been missing for a bit? We all need a break from our teenagers at time but never reporting him? So sad for this child.

New Addition to NamUs
Leslie doesn't have a picture posted of when he went missing - just an age progression.
View attachment 511581.
Missing Person / NamUs
Male, White / Caucasian

Case Information​

Demographics​

Missing Age 16 Years
Current Age 60 Years
Legal First Name Leslie
Middle Name Terrence
Legal Last Name Fistel

Biological Sex Male
Weight150 - 160 lbs

Circumstances

Last Known Location Map

County Broward County
Circumstances of Disappearance Sometime around September of 1981, was involved in an argument with his mother, and then climbed out his bedroom window and has not been seen or heard from again. He was never reported missing prior to now. Leslie was 16 years old at the time of his disappearance.
BBM.

Date of last contact was May 1981, but he argued with his mother four months later in September 1981?

I don't understand this four-month discrepancy unless there's reason to doubt the mother's account of the story. Like, maybe there was independent contact in May 1981, but no one else besides his mother (and immediate family?) can vouch for his whereabouts from then until September.

This would be even more suspicious, given the fact that he was "never reported missing prior to now."

New Addition to NamUs
View attachment 511581.
Missing Person / NamUs
Male, White / Caucasian

Case Information​

Demographics​

Missing Age 16 Years
Current Age 60 Years
Legal First Name Leslie
Middle Name Terrence
Legal Last Name Fistel

Biological Sex Male
Weight150 - 160 lbs

Circumstances

Last Known Location Map

County Broward County

Physical Description​

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Hazel
Right Eye Color Hazel
Eye Description--
This is horrible! I wonder if his mother did something to him? I would be searching properties that she had access to around the time of his alleged disappearance.

My gosh was his mother so angry or frustrated with him that she didn’t bother to report him gone? What about Dad, siblings, family, friends? Surely they loved him and cared, at least after he’d been missing for a bit? We all need a break from our teenagers at time but never reporting him? So sad for this child.
Leslie's disappearance is really sus (no mention of taking belongings, cash, clothes), but what if he really did run away? The 80's were a different time after all when police didn't take cases of runaways as seriously as now.

Leslie's disappearance is really sus (no mention of taking belongings, cash, clothes), but what if he really did run away? The 80's were a different time after all when police didn't take cases of runaways as seriously as now.
I suppose it's possible that he did take stuff with him and it just isn't mentioned in NAMUS/reporting person didn't remember.

if the father was involved I’d imagine the obit wouldn’t include him and indicate he is missing,. so as not to draw further suspicion. Wouldn’t he have just not included him?

This reminds me of Andrew Nedby’s case. He could be a Doe in Florida.

Can anyone find any school photos?

he reminds me of the Nedby case so much, could he have slipped to his death shortly after going missing, similar to the Nedby case?
1719240893670.png1719240934207.png

An unidentified male was found in Orlando, Florida on June 8, 1982. He was located at the 1st floor of the Atlantic Bank building (which was under construction), at 20 North Orange Avenue. The victim died from an accidental fall. The man was stopped by police in October 1981 and June 1982 and identified himself as Adam Kadmon.
October 1981 is a month after Leslie went missing.

On the thread for this John Doe, @aThousandYearsWide pointed out
Adam Kadmon is a phrase in the religious writings of Kabbalah meaning "original man" or "universal man".
I know that the age is believed to be a bit older but we’ve seen that before.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:
I think the '80s were a "different" time as far as reporting teenagers missing, and his parents were probably devastated but felt like there was nothing they could do.

But it's awful to think if a 16-year-old out there alone, then as now, whatever his fate.

I wonder if he and the unidentified young man above could be compared?

His relatives who are searching for him now have my respect. I hope they find answers.

Leslie Terrence Fistel​

image.jpg
image-1.jpg
image-2.jpg

Left and Center: Leslie circa, 1981
Right: Age Progressed image

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: May or September 1981
Missing From: Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
Height and Weight: 5’11” – 6’0″ and 150-160 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male, Brown hair, Hazel eyes

Details of Disappearance
Leslie was last known to be living in Broward County, Florida in 1981; reports state either May or September. He got into an argument with his mother and allegedly climbed out his bedroom window afterwards. Leslie was never seen or heard from again afterwards.

Due to unclear reasons, Leslie was never reported missing. A formal missing persons report was filed on him on June 7th 2024, 43 years after his disappearance.

Leslie’s father, Terry Fistel, passed away on December 1st 1998 in Fort Lauderdale. In his obituary, he listed Leslie as “missing since childhood.” There is no other trace of him besides this. Fistel is missing under unclear circumstances and his case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Broward County Sheriff’s Office 954-321-4735

Source Information
NamUs
South Florida Sun Sentinel 12/09/1998

Link: Leslie Terrence Fistel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online