Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they had a falling out and that’s the main reason he’s gone off? Broken heart? Thought they were going to hook up on holiday but she ended up with another bloke? Perhaps that lead to an argument and that’s why he decided to leave the club and get away from his group of friends. Maybe the conversation in the morning was him calling to apologise for the argument and saying something along the lines of “don’t worry you won’t see me again

Occam’s razor being what it is, I rather suspect personally the phone call was as simple as reported - he had no phone battery and was lost so felt he should send her his location.

Especially since most of the last day or so's news has focused on the possible sighting at the soccer game and the town's mayor becoming involved.
Forgive me if this has been pointed out already but I really think reporting 'news' like this is more of a hindrance. Are we really to believe that numerous witnesses have seen Jay in a bar and not even approached him asking the relevant questions? I mean seriously! This is a nonsense and even more bewildering that it's a man of standing in the local mayor that's making these outlandish claims. Drop me out.

Another posted in this thread reverse google image searched also and quickly found the property. Also there are a limited number of air bnbs in Masca which is a tiny mountain village, I don’t think it’s a big deal imo.
I did! Found it on airbnb, which listed "things in the area" that could have given her more of an idea of where to look.

When I tried to do it again, just now-- it doesn't come up anymore. I'm wondering if the owners have taken it down. The search is now flooded with "I visited the Airbnb Jay Slater stayed in" posts. Glad I took a screenshot.

Honestly- these kids are scary tech savvy these days. One reason why i don't trust much of anything on social media. It can be recreated. I never doubted that she found that place with little to go on. Especially if she was desperate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240623_155137_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240623_155137_Google.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 103
I can't help but wonder if he had taken drugs, if the drugs started to wear off just after he left the airbnb and that's when he panicked and said "I can't go back, I don't know where I am", so he was still under the influence at the airbnb but just after that he suddenly found himself in the middle of nowhere without knowing how he got there.

I've also wondered if his phone was dropped by a passing car in one of the locations? Could someone from the airbnb or the white car that kept parking up near the area his phone last pinged have given him a ride somewhere either sinisterly or innocently and dropped his phone in one of those locations?

I wonder if people have come forward with dashcam footage who were driving in that area that day.

I did! Found it on airbnb, which listed "things in the area" that could have given her more of an idea of where to look.

When I tried to do it again, just now-- it doesn't come up anymore. I'm wondering if the owners have taken it down. The search is now flooded with "I visited the Airbnb Jay Slater stayed in" posts. Glad I took a screenshot.

Honestly- these kids are scary tech savvy these days. One reason why i don't trust much of anything on social media. It can be recreated. I never doubted that she found that place with little to go on. Especially if she was desperate.
I tried to find it earlier with no luck!

He said: “I don’t believe he is in close proximity to the rental. It’s a very easy area to search.

“If he has come to harm, it’s either the other side of the lookout point, or it is further down towards the town.

“Police are searching very well. They have mountain rescue and a lot of people are up there.

“He will be found. If he’s not found it brings that other element which is third party [involvement].”

Mark said there is a ‘drug underworld’ on the island.

He said: “I have received information there is no doubt an underworld here… a big drugs [culture].

“I can’t tell you at the moment whether that has had a big impact. I have only been here less than 48 hours.

“What I can tell you is the information I currently have. The family has shared everything with me.

“I have a lot of messages and WhatsApp chats. This is a line of enquiry.”
Another non-story. There is a large criminal underbelly virtually everywhere in the world that are popular with young tourists looking to have a good time. This is hardly a revelation.

Another non-story. There is a large criminal underbelly virtually everywhere in the world that are popular with young tourists looking to have a good time. This is hardly a revelation.
Also that he “can’t tell if it’s significant as he has only been there less than 48 hours”. Wasn’t he the self proclaimed “answers in three days guy”. Bordering absurd really.

I hate we're even talking about this TV detective, but really, is he the only person who doesn't know many people attending raves imbibe illegal drugs to create that multi-day raving atmosphere?

I hate we're even talking about this TV detective, but really, is he the only person who doesn't know many people attending raves imbibe illegal drugs to create that multi-day raving atmosphere?
100%. Absolutely nothing he said there would enlighten anyone about Tenerife or even this case. He's merely speculating with no real evidence to back it up.

Wouldn’t it be plain old harassment and coercion to threaten to release personal details/dox someone so they talk to you - a random member of the public ?! What planet is he on.

The features that are reassuring

1) he called Lucy and had already left the property
2) he was seen alone by multiple witnesses
3) the two men in the property stayed behind and spoke to police
4) by his own admission, too hot, needing a drink and unsure where he was

The chances of this all being set up in the few days he was there or cooked up in his drunken state are remote - planting all rhise
Witnesses would be fairly tricky!

Depending on which party drugs he was under the influence of, more than likely being MDMA or Ecstasy, they'd increase your levels of dehydration quite alot. It's why they sell bottles of water in festivals and raves for like £10-£20 because they know people will fork out when they're high and dehydrated

I go to Tenerife every year , mainly Costa Adeje . I love it. Always guaranteed great weather, cheap ( although like most places getting more expensive), the people are welcoming and friendly and I haven’t had one bad experience. Unfortunately, like everywhere in the world, there is bad people. We know that just by being on this site. If we were to worry about going anywhere because of the bad areas or the minority of wrong ones then we would never leave the house.
Just home from Costa Adeji myself and agree with u entirely about the Island.
[mod snip]
Jay's family are In a much more worrying situation than ever I was but I can go a small way to understanding frustrations about the language barrier .

Last edited by a moderator:
True, I used the wrong term for them. However, they are significant leads in his disappearance and, potentially, may have concealed information or actually be involved in a negligent way in his disappearance.

I edited my prior post. Thank you for the reminder.
I just do not see how publicly threatening them when LE and the family know who they are is helpful. What am I missing?

True, I used the wrong term for them. However, they are significant leads in his disappearance and, potentially, may have concealed information or actually be involved in a negligent way in his disappearance.

I edited my prior post. Thank you for the reminder.
I am really confused as it now says on MEN police did not speak to the two men at the air b and b

Attachments

• IMG_7723.png
    IMG_7723.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 85
Which is a big indicator that he isn't doing this for the family or jay--but for all the conspiracy theorists and onlookers that are giving him the spotlight.
If he was doing it for Jay or the family he would have flown straight away when the where tourists still in the island who might have spoken to him.

I think it's bantz that the press is calling him the Madeleine Mcann investigator or Nicola Bulley investigator given that he was instrumental in bringing zero progress to either investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks