NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“This the strangest thing that I’ve ever heard of,” said neighbor John Whitaker, who lives next door to the home.

While he has had little interaction with Deven’s adopted kids, he said he has never really spoken to the 63-year-old mom.

“I never see her leaving or going back in. I never see her. I never see her. She’s like a ghost,” he said

“I asked [her kids] why did they move, they said we were made to leave. ‘We were made to leave.’ I said ‘ok,'” Whitaker explained.

I'm curious about where the remains were found, which was in Autryville, according to both WRAL and ABC 11. I thought it was at one of the houses. Autryville is a small community outside Fayetteville.
I just came to post about this. I am curious how LE came to find the location. At first I thought reports had indicated that the remains were found at a home but not the one on Berridale Dr. so I assumed they were found at the other residence that was searched on Eichelberger Drive. But this is the first I have heard of Autryville? Was this house in Autryville a third residence they searched and managed to keep off the public radar?

I am so glad LE was quietly still working this case. I worried it would simply fall off their priority list and be a cold missing persons case.

Authorities believe Blake Deven likely passed away when the family lived on Eichelberger Drive in Fayetteville.
[snip]
One of the children Avantae Deven adopted is Bryanna Morrow. She previously went by the name of Cherish Deven.

Morrow described the unsettling details behind her life of mistreatment at the hands of Avantae Deven.

"Being locked in the bathroom," Morrow recounted. "If we weren't locked in a bathroom, having to use pales as the restroom. There were a lot of beatings because we would steal food just to survive.

"She would just drag you down by your hair and beat you."

She spoke about the apologies they were forced to write.

"The older you got, the more paragraphs you had to do," she said. "So by the time I was 15, I was doing top to bottom of a page. Imagine one page [to] 2,000 pages."

She mentioned locks on the fridge and cabinets. Sometimes the isolation lasted for days.

"Days at a time," she said. "It was very horrible. There were days we didn't go with showers. The only time we could turn on the bathroom or the sink was to get water."
[snip]
Avantae Deven is due to make her first court appearance Thursday at 2:30 p.m.
Detectives: Adoptive mother linked to disappearance of Fayetteville siblings kept children in isolation, darkness

*Avantae Deven was arrested and charged with murder on Wednesday in the disappearances of her two adopted children. Blake and London Deven disappeared years ago but Fayetteville police didn't learn about it until this year. Their adoptive mother's arrest is the biggest development so far in the highly publicized case that WRAL's Chris Lovingood has been following since the beginning of the investigation

Avantae Deven

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Detectives: Adoptive mother linked to disappearance of Fayetteville siblings kept children in isolation, darkness

I'm just glad the surviving children are now out of that awful home. I hope they finally get to live happy, healthy, normal lives surrounded by people who get to love them and care for them.
I was shocked to learn there were five children currently in her care at the time of her arrest :oops:

How did she hide the locks on the fridges etc when LE searched her house? Or did they find evidence of the abuse during the search and remove the children at that point?

regardless, yes so glad the children have been rescued before they were the next Trenton Dewayne Shuler and Moriah Elizabeth Foster :(

I plan to try from this point forward to refer to the victims by their birth names rather than the names that awful woman gave them.

I was shocked to learn there were five children currently in her care at the time of her arrest :oops:

How did she hide the locks on the fridges etc when LE searched her house? Or did they find evidence of the abuse during the search and remove the children at that point?

regardless, yes so glad the children have been rescued before they were the next Trenton Dewayne Shuler and Moriah Elizabeth Foster :(

I plan to try from this point forward to refer to the victims by their birth names rather than the names that awful woman gave them.
There were only 2 kids living with her before her arrest. They were the youngest two boys and were removed from the home before she was arrested. The oldest girl lived on her own. Blake and London were found deceased.

I just came to post about this. I am curious how LE came to find the location. At first I thought reports had indicated that the remains were found at a home but not the one on Berridale Dr. so I assumed they were found at the other residence that was searched on Eichelberger Drive. But this is the first I have heard of Autryville? Was this house in Autryville a third residence they searched and managed to keep off the public radar?

I am so glad LE was quietly still working this case. I worried it would simply fall off their priority list and be a cold missing persons case.
The one who was forced to help Avantae was cooperating with the investigation and likely shared the Autryville location with them.

yes, probably the case, but how did WE miss it while sleuthing Avantae? Unless someone here found that past address and I missed it.
It wasn’t one of Avantae’s residences. The oldest had moved out before she was 18. She was still reliant on Avantae. The Autryville address might have been her address at the time. She also did some interviews that can be found on the Blake and Deven fb page and youtube.

One of the children Avantae Deven adopted is Bryanna Morrow. She previously went by the name of Cherish Deven.
Morrow described the unsettling details behind her life of mistreatment at the hands of Avantae Deven.

Last edited:
yes, probably the case, but how did WE miss it while sleuthing Avantae? Unless someone here found that past address and I missed it.
I don’t think the Autryville address, whatever it is, is something officially/sleuthably associated with Avantae. LE is still being tight-lipped about that location, so I would speculate it is something they only discovered because of a witness (eg. the family member who assisted with the disposal of remains may have disclosed this address)

I think I recall hearing Autryville mentioned on social media as another location that LE was searching, but I don’t know if it was rumor, or if MSM ever reported on a search warrant in Autryville.

He said two sets of human remains — one set belonging to a male between the ages of 7 and 10 and the other set belonging to a female between the ages of 15 and 19 — were found in a metal burn barrel on an Autryville property connected in some way to the family.
'Isolation, torture and starvation': Adoptive Fayetteville mom charged with murder of two kids

LE is indeed being very tight lipped about this location. So I don't know if she burned the bodies on a family member's property or some property that has some sort of significance to her but that she herself didn't own, but I am really curious to know. I imagine it will all come out with the wash at some point.

He said two sets of human remains — one set belonging to a male between the ages of 7 and 10 and the other set belonging to a female between the ages of 15 and 19 — were found in a metal burn barrel on an Autryville property connected in some way to the family.
'Isolation, torture and starvation': Adoptive Fayetteville mom charged with murder of two kids

LE is indeed being very tight lipped about this location. So I don't know if she burned the bodies on a family member's property or some property that has some sort of significance to her but that she herself didn't own, but I am really curious to know. I imagine it will all come out with the wash at some point.
bbm I wonder if it's Blake and he was severely malnourished. Probably didn't receive any dental care either. These poor kids. Who decided this woman was fit to care for kids?

bbm I wonder if it's Blake and he was severely malnourished. Probably didn't receive any dental care either. These poor kids. Who decided this woman was fit to care for kids?
I am sure he was very malnurished. If he was adopted in 2013 at around age 6 and his brother reported last fall (2023) that he hasn't been seen in about five years his death likely occurred in 2018, at around age 10 or 11. So yeah, I am betting he was on the smaller side and the starvation made him moreso :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back