VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious if they are actually reliving their dream of being a cheerleader/making the cheerleading squad??? idk.
Do they really know why they are there? Just a manic day on the streets...
moo
I suspect that as a teen she was more focused on academics and what she hoped to be her future career than on becoming a cheerleader.

I bet Jen McCabe either was or wished to be a cheerleader, though.

Wasn't one of JOK's issues with her that she spoiled his niece and nephew? Not the behavior of someone who is anti-kid.
IMO.
And she said in the Dateline interview that was one of the things that attracted her back to him again. She thought it was really special that he took the kids in after their parents passed away. They seem to argue that she was spoiling the kids too much. She may have seen this has a way to have a family (health issues may have precluded her from having bio kids?) and yet she ended up still not living together, or engaged, or married after 2 years and felt she was just reduced to a babysitter with benefits. After a while that gets old. Like the saying goes - don't confuse my kindness for weakness.

ah I should have specified as she sits in the courtroom

she has resting b face she did it!!!11!!!!!! etc

Yeah, I really don't know what people are expecting from defendants in terms of courtroom demeanor. I think anyone would come off grumpy if you put them in a situation where they could spend decades in prison if convicted. I daresay, if you put Fred Rogers or Bob Ross or Richard Simmons in that situation, even they would come off dour in that scenario.

Last edited:
And she said in the Dateline interview that was one of the things that attracted her back to him again. She thought it was really special that he took the kids in after their parents passed away. They seem to argue that she was spoiling the kids too much. She may have seen this has a way to have a family (health issues may have precluded her from having bio kids?) and yet she ended up still not living together, or engaged, or married after 2 years and felt she was just reduced to a babysitter with benefits. After a while that gets old. Like the saying goes - don't confuse my kindness for weakness.

Also, I get finding it heroic and endearing to take in children, and it would attract many women to a man. But once you're in the trenches, that feeling starts to fade and is replaced by the grind of everyday life with two kids, both of whom lost their parents (so, much added emotional baggage to navigate). Going from zero kids to two school-aged kids with trauma is a LOT. Maybe she "spoiled" them by buying them too much instead of making hard choices to sometimes say "no." If you have the money, it can be seductively easy to just throw gifts and treats at kids to appease them instead of doing the harder work of parenting.

My point is that spoiling and not wanting kids can go hand in hand since it's easier to spoil than do the hard work of parenting.

Just my opinion!

Also said it couldn’t have happened bumping into John’s car, so that leaves the question how?

That's not what they said. They said the tail light as presented in the photo being shown (a photograph showing a completely OBLITERATED taillight missing the entire portion). They said THAT couldn't have happened by backing into John's car. Just trying to prevent misinformation from being repeated again and again and again and again. JMO

I thought so too and whatever was on the poster that was so awful (which I missed and cannot be seen in the video) KR removed it from the boy's hands when he approached her for a photo.

As far as I can gather, KR was chatting to the boy and his mum about the difficulties the boy faced with bullying due to his colostomy bag. She took the sign away so they could pose together for a photo.

As far as I can make out the sign appears to read:

My name is Ben,
I am a 12 year old with
A Colostomy Bag

(not a leaky balloon knot)

Props to that kid for making the trip out there to show his support. That took some real guts.

Last edited:
Interesting....

"The average length of jury deliberations in criminal trials is approximately 8 hours."
"Only 10% of jury trials have deliberations lasting for more than 24 hours."
"More complex cases can have an average jury deliberation time of up to 11.4 hours."
"For felony cases, the average jury deliberation time is 7.4 hours."
"In murder cases, the average jury deliberation time is around 12 hours."

The area is missing. What I’m saying is what was described when Kerry and the tow driver seen the car. It looked the same when it was shown to Kerry.
I asked in Post #589 and am asking again, please provide a link to testimony where Kerry says the taillight looked the same in the sallyport. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I consider the demeanor the defendant to be quite pertinent with regards to how she reacted to John's body being discovered. Based on what can be heard in the 911 call and based on the testimony of the various eyewitnesses, I don't see any possibility that she could have been faking or exaggerating her reaction; she was in a state of extreme emotional disturbance.

Because of this, I don't think that she could have had prior knowledge of the body being there.
100%. IMO: No faking it there. Was clearly genuine grief, shock and horror. She was completely broken and distraught. She was in Kerry's car scanning for missing bf in an extreme emotional state and imo likely open to any visual suggestion. She had no idea where he was but was growing more and more fearful and frantic. When she saw the partially covered dark mass which was JO's body she was outta there in a second and lying on him in the next. She knew it was him only when she saw him there. Nothing to suggest she had a prior knowledge. jmo

Wasn't one of JOK's issues with her that she spoiled his niece and nephew? Not the behavior of someone who is anti-kid.
IMO.
Guess it’s true, the kids did say she was nice to them once in awhile.

I asked in Post #589 and am asking again, please provide a link to testimony where Kerry says the taillight looked the same in the sallyport. <modsnip>
She never said it imo. Just not true. She said cracked and a small hole. That was it. Moo from memory but I recall the testimony well. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good points IMHO.
If the evidence of vehicle moving at 24 MPH in reverse can be
believed (and that is a big "IF") then she may have hit him intentionally.

Granted, the Albert / McCabe clan and friends seem like a bunch of
alcoholic low-lifes, they do not seem to be bright enough to pull off
some type of conspiracy and then keep everyone keeps silent about it.

KR being so drunk at the time makes your points believable.
I think she was totally freaking out from the 12:30 AM time w/ JOK
in front of 34 Fairview, and freaking out during those early morning hours,
and then still freaking out at 6:00 AM in front of Fairview.
Again.....MOO
That still brings up yet another point of contention with the prosecution case, which is that for one thing, none of the prosecution's own witnesses saw her backup AT ALL, IIRC! Out of all the witnesses who said anything about KR's vehicle placement and movement, none of them testified they saw her backup, much less at 24mph and for 60 ft or whatever their claim was, IIRC.

And for another thing, that chart they showed of the info they got from the vehicle's computer that showed key cycles, meaning every time the car had been started, along with the events that happened with each key cycle, including whether it had backed up and for how long and at what speed, only showed that group of events happening one time, and that one time was while the car was in possession of LE and NOT KR.

According to the data they presented as evidence in this case, KR as the Lexus driver did not do (could not have done) this fast backup maneuver, the one that they allege is the action that killed JO.

So that should eliminate all confusion and make it cut and dried as to whether she's guilty or not. HOWEVER, the fact that it HASN'T, does nothing but bring up more confusion for me. How could it not be all anyone should have to hear to see she's not guilty? Is it because the data is not believed to be true? Is it because there was possibly some glitch w/extracting the info? Is it because the data was planted/fabricated/corrupt etc? If so, it would be the defense who would benefit from this data, so how would the defense get hold of it to change it in their favor? Obviously didn't happen.

So is it because I myself am interpreting the data wrong? That I could believe, since I'm no expert, but I thought I understood from the testimony how this data is read, but then again, maybe not. That's really the only explanation I can think of why this data ALONE isn't the only thing it should take to dismiss the case altogether, or at least to find her not guilty of all. So maybe I am interpreting it wrong... but I don't see where my mistake is if so. Maybe someone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice