VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be the holdout. I believe she hit him with her vehicle, and that scenario rings truer to me than the whole went in the house, gets beat up, and dog attack, and thrown out in the cold to die by other law enforcement officers, and there be some grand cover-up scheme - and for what?? Too many people for somebody not to have come clean. If it were reversed and the prosecution were presenting that kind of case, then I'd have reasonable doubt. But I still feel strongly, and without reasonable doubt, that she was drunk off her *advertiser censored*, they were fighting, she was not intending to hit him or kill him, but accidentally hit him and didn't know it. And for that she's guilty of a lesser charge. Hell, SHE even thought she hit him.

Well, hypothetically speaking, if a house full of police officers and a newly-turned-18 year old male accidentally killed a man during a drunken brawl, that's a lot of careers/pensions/livelihoods on the line for the adults, and a felony record forever (plus jail time) for a new adult (18 year old). I think that's HUGE motive for a cover up. We're not talking about a group of complete strangers here. They are all family or friends-like-family. Possibly all with secrets and past "favors owed" on their own.

Just a hypothetical scenario, as none of these folks are on trial.

IMO MOO

IMHO, she is enjoying the limelight a little too much. Her lawyers should advise her to keep quiet and try not to influence a juror, if any are watching. I also think at times that CourtTV can be a bit biased regarding a murder case.
agreed. Most of the time they walk in and have no comment during a trial. I think her lawyers did not want her on the stand for many good reasons...one being she seems very outspoken and could have said things not good for her case.

IMHO, she is enjoying the limelight a little too much. Her lawyers should advise her to keep quiet and try not to influence a juror, if any are watching. I also think at times that CourtTV can be a bit biased regarding a murder case.
I'm sure she's having the time of her life. You know. No job. No money. Fighting for her life. Having her entire personal business played out for the world, including her very personal and private health issues. Good times! I kid, but I hope that she takes whatever comes from this and uses it for good. Like she did with the boy. That was awesome!

If we want to apply actual critical thinking to the report, and why you shouldn't take it as Gospel...other things the mythbusters did not test included-

Any pre-existing fractures in her tail light from other impacts we don't know about
Microfractures or crazing from UV damage on a 3 year old car

Quoted as these are IMO quite valid points that Lally could have crossed with. And he needed all the help he could get.

Anyone here see Anatomy of a Fall? It's about a French court case and their system looks like pandemonium compared to ours with everyone jumping in and the defendant jumping in back and forth with witnesses and the judge. Wonder how that would look in this case?

I'd be the holdout. I believe she hit him with her vehicle, and that scenario rings truer to me than the whole went in the house, gets beat up, and dog attack, and thrown out in the cold to die by other law enforcement officers, and there be some grand cover-up scheme - and for what?? Too many people for somebody not to have come clean. If it were reversed and the prosecution were presenting that kind of case, then I'd have reasonable doubt. But I still feel strongly, and without reasonable doubt, that she was drunk off her *advertiser censored*, they were fighting, she was not intending to hit him or kill him, but accidentally hit him and didn't know it. And for that she's guilty of a lesser charge. Hell, SHE even thought she hit him.
I would be a holdout too. I am not one to cave to pressure, so for sure it would be a hung jury if I was on it. And I would definitely avoid being any way near the pro Karen Read mob outside of the courthouse, if they found out somehow that I was the one that caused a hung jury. LOL!!!!

the only disagreement i'd have with this is that i think her subsequent actions indicate she probably did know she'd hit him. perhaps, she didn't know how severely - but i think she knew and it started to dawn on her as the early hours of the morning ticked by.

I'm sure she's having the time of her life. You know. No job. No money. Fighting for her life. Having her entire personal business played out for the world, including her very personal and private health issues. Good times! I kid, but I hope that she takes whatever comes from this and uses it for good. Like she did with the boy. That was awesome!
Voice of reason here, thank you!

I’m just going to post this again since it is relevant to your point. 80 degrees Fahrenheit is roughly 26.7 degrees Celsius. This chart is estimated for less body weight (176 lbs) than JO (220 lbs). The temperature in the example is not exact. The example is for 25 degrees Fahrenheit whereas the actual temperature between 12am to 6 am was a range from 30 to 25 degrees. That said, the JOs body temp at 6 am (yellow dot) seems to align much more closely with JO being outside for a few hours than with being outside for 6 hours.
Idk why this wasn’t a bigger topic given the testimony from Lucky.

View attachment 513697

OK, so yes, I agree, they should've emphasized this point more and I'm confused why the defense wouldn't have also! Especially considering that the chart was for conditions with 10mph winds, and I recall another poster pointing out that winds at the time in question qualified as "blizzard-like", which I took to be higher than 10mph. Which would make expected body temp even lower after that amt of time. Certainly lower than 80.

No jurors will be watching anything that goes on outside the court house; see jury instructions, So spurious imo to accuse KR of trying to influence jurors. IMO

I don't share your opinion.
She showed kindness to a child, she didn't have to, there was nothing in it for her, just simple compassion.
That is not the same as ego tripping.

And yet the Dighton police officer said a small piece

And yet there were 47 pieces of various sizes found at 34F

Does this not make you go hmmmm?
Not really when I seen the pictures myself, it was also covered in snow. Also the over all light is large what was missing was to the far right.

I don't share your opinion.
She showed kindness to a child, she didn't have to, there was nothing in it for her, just simple compassion.
That is not the same as ego tripping.
You do remember her messages to Higgins, I don’t really think she’s into kids….just saying.

My Fitbit says right now at almost 2pm, that I have climbed 61 floors so far today. I can assure you I have not. It's obviously a different device than JO had, but these things are not always accurate.

I still think NG.
I agree. I do wonder why the prosecution used Waze data for JOs location though.

Any app on your iPhone (including Waze) needs to be granted specific permission for when to use your location data. The options are Never, Always, or While Using.

If JO had selected Always - meaning Waze always has access to his location data, I don’t understand why JO mapping the route matters and why the CW mentioned that with so much emphasis. “The reason why we can track JOs location is because he got driving directions from Waze”. But if the location data setting is always, Waze would always have his data whether he mapped a route or not.

This makes me wonder if maybe the option selected was “”While Using”. Because that is the setting that matters when a route is mapped. Once you open Waze and enter a destination, Waze is able to access your location. When you arrive at your destination, it stops tracking your location.

So once JO and KR arrived at the house, Waze would stop tracking his movement. Waze would show no further movement. This is exactly what the CW is telling us the Waze data shows. But oddly - no one actually saw JO there in that same location for 6 hours.

Given the other shady shenanigans the CW has pulled (reversed sallyport video, insinuating KR altered Ring video when their own experts acknowledge this wasn’t possible, etc..), I really think this Waze data is also bogus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member