DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Jay Slater's father and brother

join Tenerife hunt for missing 19-year-old

as search team provide major update on the two 'mystery men'

last seen with the disappeared Brit."

1719678611320.png

If this was true, he would have mentioned that to Brad when they were having their laugh and chat that morning. Brad in turn would have surely mentioned it to the police when they first spoke to him surely. So it’s also unusual that it’s only just come out now and the police are only now gathering CCTV.
I am not sure Brad would have mentioned it to the police. Imagine Jay shows up at the hotel safe and sound a day later, but the police already want him for a stolen watch. All hypothetical scenarios though.

"Jay Slater's father and brother

join Tenerife hunt for missing 19-year-old

as search team provide major update on the two 'mystery men'

last seen with the disappeared Brit."

View attachment 514231

This picture of Jay's dad. Searching for his boy who's been missing in the mountains for two weeks. Basically looking for his lad's dead body.

And the tabloids and rumours are all focused on a Rolex watch.

I don't understand why the volunteer searchers wear shorts and t-shirts.
If there are cacti everywhere it would be safer to cover arms and legs, no?

Picture in my DM link above.

So what’s this got to do with the Eastern European outside the Papagayo nightclub (see article attached)? I thought it had been stolen from him outside the club? Unless the two men stole it from the Eastern European then took it to the cottage. Then Jay stole it from them the next morning and fled?!

This is why I am confused.. are we connecting the dots that he only went with the two guys to look for and take the stolen watch?

This is why I am confused.. are we connecting the dots that he only went with the two guys to look for and take the stolen watch?
The thing is - IF the two men had stolen the watch first, then they would been relevant to the case to a certain degree. And would have been charged with theft. But they are not relevant and they haven’t been charged with any crime. Which suggests Jay stole the watch and fled with the two men to get away. Speculation of course.

This picture of Jay's dad. Searching for his boy who's been missing in the mountains for two weeks. Basically looking for his lad's dead body.

And the tabloids and rumours are all focused on a Rolex watch.

This is the last chapter of Jay's story, and I hope his family finds closure.

Social media can be a blessing and a curse. It doesn't matter what answers come out in this situation, there will always be people who think his mom, lucy, or some one else was involved [insert other crazy theory]

I don't see how this watch chatter helps to locate Jay even if there really was a watch stolen outside of the rave that night/early hours of the morning.

It just seems like a continuation of the 'noise' surrounding this case.

Edited to change "phone" to "watch" due to a mistype
Agreed, it doesn't help locate Jay, but it may help to explain why he left the Air b&b and decided to head off alone rather than asking the two men there, for a lift back.

Who went looking for the watch exactly? Because it sounds like Jay is supposed to be looking for the watch and getting lost based on how it is written. (Badly)
According to the article, it was a friend of Jay's who suggested that Jay had perhaps gone looking for the watch.
This speculation could have been prompted by the journalist asking leading questions of the 'friend', ie. 'D'you think Jay could've gone looking for the watch, maybe?' and the friend says 'yeah, perhaps'.
It makes little sense anyway.
If a watch gets stolen in or around a venue with hundreds of people milling around in various states of inebriation or whatever and it's dark, noisy and confusing, how on earth could someone have any hope whatsoever of finding a watch that has just been stolen?
To steal a watch requires forcing it off someone's wrist, surely?
That means the thief isn't exactly a reasonable person who'd just hand it back if someone asked them to.
And you'd have to have witnessed the theft in order to attempt to retrieve the watch from whoever stole it.
But if you knew the thief/thieves... well, I guess you might decide there's some hope of retrieving it for the poor owner.
But why would you get involved unless you're some kind of superhero who fears nothing and no-one, cares deeply about justice and morality and cannot just stand back and allow people to be subjected to crime and violence?

I remember reading a post (on Facebook maybe) about a robbery early on in this case but I thought it was just another social media rumour.
The watch story has been circulating on SM since about day 2 as have the details of the two men, I wonder why its taking so long to get to the MSM. I do think this is case of misadventure but there are some puzzling aspects

Given that the two older men are presumably the last people to have seen Jay Slater alive, does anyone else find it a tad strange that when they returned to the UK, police didn't want to speak with them? According to statements from British police, they have no intention of even interviewing them. Yes, I appreciate that Jay probably got injured and this is misadventure etc, but even so, given that nobody is clear as to why he went with these two men, surely they are still relevant to some extent?

Are you English?

I ask because it would be a huge waste of resources if mountain rescue was mobilised for person on an English summer lad's trip who was late getting back from a night of drinking/drugs/after partying, that's pretty standard stuff for that type of trip ime

We're hearing about the one case where someone didn't come home, not all of the ones where a hungover teen rolls up later in the day the worse for wear.

I may be wrong but I get the impression you might be from somewhere that mountain hiking is routine, very much not the case for Jay and his group
Keep in mind we dont know exactly what Lucy relayed to police.
She might have insisted on the urgency and more details shared that havent been released to the public. It certainly seems this way.

The thing is - IF the two men had stolen the watch first, then they would been relevant to the case to a certain degree. And would have been charged with theft. But they are not relevant and they haven’t been charged with any crime. Which suggests Jay stole the watch and fled with the two men to get away. Speculation of course.
True. I don't think the two men are relevant to the case at all. Nor do I think the watch is anymore really. Unless something AFTER the phone calls comes about, Jay's out there in that unforgiving terrain....whether it started for fun, or as avoiding being seen.

Yes it is convoluted, because there are so many strands to this case.
I agree that the likely outcome is that he got lost or injured while trying to find his way back to his hotel.
However, as you yourself have said, they have to look into all leads.
I could go missing from the backyard and a “convoluted case” could very easily be made from it.

Agreed, it doesn't help locate Jay, but it may help to explain why he left the Air b&b and decided to head off alone rather than asking the two men there, for a lift back.
Unless it provides solid information to put his last location somewhere other than those mountains, I fail to see its relevance. If it had been a smartwatch that could have pinged its location and there was real reason think he might have been carrying it, I don't see how it helps to find him.

When someone's been lost up a mountain for three days without water in inhospitable conditions, it does not matter why they went up the mountain.

Given that the two older men are presumably the last people to have seen Jay Slater alive, does anyone else find it a tad strange that when they returned to the UK, police didn't want to speak with them? According to statements from British police, they have no intention of even interviewing them. Yes, I appreciate that Jay probably got injured and this is misadventure etc, but even so, given that nobody is clear as to why he went with these two men, surely they are still relevant to some extent?
They aren't the last people though, the neighbour lady and Brad via the phone saw him after he left the airbnb so unless he returned unseen they are unlikely to the cause of whatever happened afterwards other than being the means by which he was in the mountains if the first place.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member