Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is believed one inmate who knows Clay’s family asked another inmate to attack Lynn.

IIRC before Lynn's arrest people mentioned several of Carol's extended family (who she reportedly didn't have much to so with) were intimately familiar with the justice system. They wondered if they had been attempting to extort Russell and something gone wrong. May not be the last time Lynn is attacked.

More importantly, I wonder if there would have been 2 guilty verdicts if GL didn't destroy all of the evidence.
Of course, his character is questionable, even without the stories.
Are you suggesting that perhaps he has been discriminated against? :rolleyes:

Could well be.

Is it? If the stories came out he loved animals, had previously saved a stranded hiker, wasnt a weird angry bloke etc the opposite of how he was described it wouldn't change your view on his story?

Errr no I'm not

Go to the first post you wish to quote and press +quote.
Go your Reply box hand press Insert Quotes, then Quote messages.

Do each quote individually rather than add all quotes at once.

If you want to comment underneath a box, move your cursor underneath the quote and hit the Enter key on your keyboard to make some space.

If you want to remove a quote, place your cursor inside the box at the end and hit the Backspace key until it all disappears.

If you're happy with the way it looks, press Post Reply.
Hello @JudgeJudi
Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to write this!
I've written them into my little-black-book & will put into action.
So grateful.

The fire started at the opposite end of the house to where the couple was found... I guess it's possible the fire was started beforehand because it would be pretty hard to do afterwards.

The only certain parts were where Carol was killed, that a shotgun was used and that the mirror was shot off.

“I decided that the mirror had to go. That was evidence of what had happened here. I wanted to disappear … I wanted all trace of what had happened to be gone with me and I ripped that mirror right off the mount.”
Link

I wonder if the cruelty to animals started when he was quite young.
I was telling someone last night that GL reminds me of a mean, spoilt little boy.

Despite his age I just get that vibe from him so I wouldn't be surprised if his cruel streak was already at play during his early childhood.

Edit: The long police interview is telling, GL repeatedly demonstrates textbook psychopathic traits.

If I had a drink for every time he casually says to the detectives, "I just wanted it all to go away", I'd get rather drunk!

Psychopaths see people as a means to an end. Nothing & no-one is off limits, as long as they get their intended result. :(

Last edited:
“I decided that the mirror had to go. That was evidence of what had happened here. I wanted to disappear … I wanted all trace of what had happened to be gone with me and I ripped that mirror right off the mount.”
Link

Is that correct though because I’ve seen a photo of the mirror damaged but not “ripped off” the mount.

Not off topic, just changing direction a bit - I would like to point out that, IMO, Russell loved his wife, as no way was he going to hurt her by leaving her.
Despite differing views we might all have on infidelity, I really sympathise with the situation they all found themselves in.
Russell clearly loved his wife and family and sought to avoid causing them pain.
He could have (in practical terms) easily divorced Robyn, taken his share of the house, his super, and started anew out in the open with Carol - leaving Robyn in poor health, emotionally blindsided, financially disadvantaged (highly likely she had less super to play with being a woman and mother). Not to mention probably irreversibly displaced when faced with the near impossible task of trying to find something around the suburb they called home, but worth only half their property. Very good chance she would have had to move away from their friends and the area she was used to, possibly further from their daughters and grandchildren too. The impact on her would have been devastating on so many levels and he obviously knew that.
So despite the potential convenience divorce may have granted Russell himself, he chose to maintain his commitment to Robyn, going to great lengths to keep the affair discreet and lessen the impact on his family.

For all the dirt the defence hoped to use against the victims in court, there's not a single reference to Russell mistreating anyone, no rumours of explosive temper or ex coworkers divulging odd behaviour, mood swings or aggressive encounters - just camping mates concerned for their friend, a couple strangers thinking maybe he was a grumpy old man in passing, and at “worst” a prescription one might not want broadcast to the nation.
As far as I’m concerned, trying to love two women with care and discretion isn't the scandalous flaw portrayed by the media.

Big disclaimer too, by no means should any of this denigrate Robyn Hill. She has shown remarkable strength and empathy throughout the nearly five years of publicly enduring this ordeal. Not only have she and their daughters managed to carry on in their personal lives despite it all, they’ve also faced the court and media with nothing but honesty and grace, all in pursuit of justice for Russell.
Incredibly admirable, all of them.

The fire started at the opposite end of the house to where the couple was found... I guess it's possible the fire was started beforehand because it would be pretty hard to do afterwards.
Apparently the couple were found to have been breathing after the fire was lit, not that it explains the multitude of other questions left unanswered.

Apparently the couple were found to have been breathing after the fire was lit, not that it explains the multitude of other questions left unanswered.
Seems a bit weird don’t you think.. if you’re planning to murder your wife and then kill yourself imminently, what benefit would there be to setting the house on fire first..? I guess it would be a fast way to alert people to what had happened, but it’s not like someone needed to come rescue the poor dogs or anything..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herr_indoors
Back