Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, it has been said that a lot more would come out about GL but I didn't think it would be this quick. OMG!!

The latest article in The Age & SMH ..... "Greg Lynn & the mystery of the double fatality at Zig Zag Rd, Mt Macedon".

Reports are, in 2010 in Zig Zag Rd, Mt Macedon, less than 1km from the GL's former home in Mt Macedon, neighbors were found shot dead in the bedroom of their home. The deaths were an apparent suicide/murder ... their 3 dogs were shot, the wife was in her nightdress and shot in the head, the husband shot himself and their home was burned to the ground.

"Within days of Lynn’s arrest in 2021 over the deaths of RH & CC, a former law enforcement officer familiar with the Zig Zag Road murder-suicide contacted Hill/Clay investigators asking them to reopen the Viergever case"

(Zig Zag Road was where GL used to live with his wife Lisa and he moved out in 1999.)

Aha I knew there would be investigative journalists investigating Lynn and his entire life.

The above article about a double fatality happened less than 1km from where Lynn once lived.
And update from me. Thanks to @Sher Lock.
There was a connection between the deceased couple and the Lynn family.

The deceased woman was the stepsister of Athol Guy of The Seekers

Police told one witness when they were asking about Lisa, that they were also looking at other cases that may involve Greg Lynn.
Greg Lynn.....This is Your Life ;)

Last edited:
Aha I knew there would be investigative journalists investing Lynn and his entire life.

The above article about a double fatality happened less than 1km from where Lynn once lived. Seems there is no connection, as he wasn't living there at the time.

The deceased woman was the step sister of Athol Guy of The Seekers

Nice click bait ;)
The article was written by John Silvester and seems to be fairly informative.

According to the article, It appears that these neighbours were friends of Lisa Lynns and often helped her around the house. (apparently, GL did not like them).

I'm not so sure there's no connection TootsieFootsie. At this point in time, nothing will surprise me with regards to
GL's previous history. Time will tell.

According to the article, It appears that these neighbours were friends of Lisa Lynns and often helped her around the house. (apparently, GL did not like them).
For some reason I didn't see that part in the article. I did skip over some. Don't know how I missed it.
That does make a difference, there being a connection.

Hopefully more people who knew GL will come forward with anything else they know.
Have updated my post.

It is believed one inmate who knows Clay’s family asked another inmate to attack Lynn.

IIRC before Lynn's arrest people mentioned several of Carol's extended family (who she reportedly didn't have much to so with) were intimately familiar with the justice system. They wondered if they had been attempting to extort Russell and something gone wrong. May not be the last time Lynn is attacked.

More importantly, I wonder if there would have been 2 guilty verdicts if GL didn't destroy all of the evidence.
Of course, his character is questionable, even without the stories.
Are you suggesting that perhaps he has been discriminated against? :rolleyes:

Could well be.

Is it? If the stories came out he loved animals, had previously saved a stranded hiker, wasnt a weird angry bloke etc the opposite of how he was described it wouldn't change your view on his story?

Errr no I'm not

Go to the first post you wish to quote and press +quote.
Go your Reply box hand press Insert Quotes, then Quote messages.

Do each quote individually rather than add all quotes at once.

If you want to comment underneath a box, move your cursor underneath the quote and hit the Enter key on your keyboard to make some space.

If you want to remove a quote, place your cursor inside the box at the end and hit the Backspace key until it all disappears.

If you're happy with the way it looks, press Post Reply.
Hello @JudgeJudi
Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to write this!
I've written them into my little-black-book & will put into action.
So grateful.

The fire started at the opposite end of the house to where the couple was found... I guess it's possible the fire was started beforehand because it would be pretty hard to do afterwards.

The only certain parts were where Carol was killed, that a shotgun was used and that the mirror was shot off.

“I decided that the mirror had to go. That was evidence of what had happened here. I wanted to disappear … I wanted all trace of what had happened to be gone with me and I ripped that mirror right off the mount.”
Link

I wonder if the cruelty to animals started when he was quite young.
I was telling someone last night that GL reminds me of a mean, spoilt little boy.

Despite his age I just get that vibe from him so I wouldn't be surprised if his cruel streak was already at play during his early childhood.

Edit: The long police interview is telling, GL repeatedly demonstrates textbook psychopathic traits.

If I had a drink for every time he casually says to the detectives, "I just wanted it all to go away", I'd get rather drunk!

Psychopaths see people as a means to an end. Nothing & no-one is off limits, as long as they get their intended result. :(

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yo_chacha
Back