Poland Poland - Sam Kennedy, Scots holidaymaker, failed to board his flight from Krakow to Glasgow, 27 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Sam Kennedy was supposed to return from Poland on Thursday

A search is underway for a Scots holidaymaker who has gone missing in Poland.

Sam Kennedy from Glasgow was due to fly home from Krakow to Glasgow on Thursday June 27 but he failed to board his flight. His worried family have not heard from him since.

Sam's sister Robyn issued an urgent appeal for help on social media.

She wrote: "This is my brother Sam. He was supposed to have returned home from Poland (Krakow) on Thursday night but me and my family have not heard from him

"If anyone knows any information that could help us find us find him please let us know and please share this post so we can reach as many people as possible. Any help is hugely appreciated by me and my family. Thank you." Sam's disappearance comes as the search for Brit Jay Slater comes to an end, Tenerife Police confirmed
Sam Kennedy was due to land back in the Scottish city on Thursday (June 27) after spending time in Krakow, Poland, however, he has not been in touch with his family which has caused concern.

An FCDO spokesperson said: “We are supporting the family of a British national missing in Poland."

A post shared on community Facebook page No1seems2care said: "Sam is missing, he's from Glasgow and should have returned home on Thursday.

"His family are understandably worried about him."

The family of the Clydebank man has issued an appeal on social media that has been shared by thousands of people.

Within hours almost 2,000 people had shared her plea on Facebook post. One wrote: “Praying he gets home safe and well. God bless.”

The Foreign Office confirmed it was supporting the young man’s family during the search.

Did he come to Poland alone?
Did he visit someone here?
Usually the British come in groups.

Polish MSM took up this case

"It is known that
Sam Kennedy did not board the return plane for which he had already purchased a ticket
and has not contacted his loved ones since then.

Police in Scotland are now understood to be working with Polish authorities and Interpol on the matter,
while the Foreign Office has said it is in contact with the family."

Last edited:
Is he stuck on a cactus?

I hope this young man is found, there seems to be scant detail out there, like who he was with or if he was alone, where he was last seen etc. Virtually nothing to go on.
What makes you wonder if he is stuck on a cactus? All I have read was that he did not take his flight home.

From Polish MSM

"The missing man's sister informed that the 20-year-old was staying in a hotel
located next to the Kazimierz district in Krakòw.

On Thursday,
he checked out of the hotel,
and later
trace of him was gone.

The man was due to return to the UK on Thursday but missed his return flight.

The man is of slim build, is about 175 cm tall and has green eyes.

He was supposed to celebrate his 21st birthday on Wednesday."

Does anyone know when he was reported missing? Just thinking that surely if he went missing last Thursday it wouldn't take until today for an appeal.

Google translated:

However, according to the spokesman of the Municipal Police Headquarters in Krakow, subcommissioner Piotr Szpiech, the Polish police did not receive a report of Kennedy’s disappearance and is currently not conducting a search.

Google translated:

However, according to the spokesman of the Municipal Police Headquarters in Krakow, subcommissioner Piotr Szpiech, the Polish police did not receive a report of Kennedy’s disappearance and is currently not conducting a search.

How strange!!!

British Police was informed
but
NOT Polish????
:rolleyes:

Well,
the guy is an adult,
it is holiday time,
maybe he decided to lengthen the stay?
Maybe he met someone, a girl perhaps?

But why he didn't inform family at home,
it is anybody's guess.

I hope he is OK.
My country is considered safe.

JMO

Last edited:
Did he book a direct flight? According to airport/arline data, direct flights from Krakow to Glasgow leave on Wednesday afternoon and Sunday evening. If his flight was on Thursday, it was probably not direct.
It said he was due to arrive home Thursday so perhaps he was getting the Wednesday one and arriving home the next day? Not sure how long flight is from Poland to Glasgow and time difference.

Edit: flight is around 5 hours so depending on the time in the afternoon of the flight it makes sense for him to arrive home Thursday.

Last edited:
It said he was due to arrive home Thursday so perhaps he was getting the Wednesday one and arriving home the next day? Not sure how long flight is from Poland to Glasgow and time difference.

Edit: flight is around 5 hours so depending on the time in the afternoon of the flight it makes sense for him to arrive home Thursday.
Reports also say that he left his hotel on Thursday, so he could not have been on the Wednesday flight. It's a 3 hour flight with arrival in the early evening.

Reports also say that he left his hotel on Thursday, so he could not have been on the Wednesday flight. It's a 3 hour flight with arrival in the early evening.

If he decided to stay longer,
he should have changed the date with airlines.
He had a return plane ticket already bought.

According to MSM reports
he was due to return to the UK on Thursday
but missed his return flight.

So...
He checked out of hotel on Thursday and...
vanished.

Did he take Uber to the airport?
Or...
Did he go somewhere else without informing the family?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back