Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems to be a very quick time between booking and arrival. It doesn’t clarify whether Mr Abdul actually stayed there, he could have just booked it for the other two men.
interesting wording "using the name" as if to imply that's not his name but doesn't aribnb require photo id to make bookings?

Where does it say it was booked at short notice, I dont see that

interesting wording "using the name" as if to imply that's not his name but doesn't aribnb require photo id to make bookings?

Where does it say it was booked at short notice, I dont see that
Mr Abdul booked the Casa Abuela Tina in the village of Masca around 19 miles from Playa de las Americas on June 14 for three nights and paid £120.

The Airbnb booking was made at 15.48 on June 14 and within 90 minutes the men were at the two-bedroom property which was where Jay later sent two Snapchat images from.

Mr Abdul booked the Casa Abuela Tina in the village of Masca around 19 miles from Playa de las Americas on June 14 for three nights and paid £120.

The Airbnb booking was made at 15.48 on June 14 and within 90 minutes the men were at the two-bedroom property which was where Jay later sent two Snapchat images from.
Thank you, don't know how I missed that

This is likely all coincidence, but I found it somewhat odd nonetheless:
Pensión Playa, one of the Hotels in Los Cristianos (where Jay and his group were staying) has a picture showing a blanket draped across one of the beds:
1719994213190.png

This blanket bears a striking resemblance to the blanket being worn by the individual alleged to be Jay in the snapchat taken at the villa in Masca:
1719994317220.png

Now, we don't know that this is the particular Hotel that LL was using, however a 'Lucy' left a review on the 16th of June that ties in pretty neatly with the group's stay. (Jay arrived on the 13th):
1719994444208.png

Now, this is all circumstantial. There's nothing solid to indicate that the 'Lucy' who left the review is LL; there's a good chance that these blankets are sold all over the island, and are as ubiquitous as those awful 'Live, Laugh, Love' murals are in the UK - but it still seems like quite the coincidence that this blanket would appear twice in two completely different areas of the island whilst still connected to the same individual. I think it's safe to assume that Jay didn't take the blanket clubbing with him that evening. JMO.

Edit: Link to the Hotel on Booking.com - Pensión Playa, Los Cristianos, Spain

Last edited:
"Officers spend two hours inside holiday let where missing teen stayed.
A local who saw the two officers arrive said: 'They got here around 9am and spent almost two hours inside. They got the key from the owner. I thought it had already been searched but I don't know for sure. It's been taken off the market and not available to book, that's all I know.'"

Speaking in a video statement today posted on social media, Mr Williams-Thomas claimed: "On route Jay posted a Snapchat saying that they had taken a £12,000 Rolex from a person. We have been unable to validate this in terms of a reported theft. However, friends of Jay he would not make this up and the watch was the subject of a later conversation between them."

Pensión Playa, one of the Hotels in Los Cristianos (where Jay and his group were staying) has a picture showing a blanket draped across one of the beds:
View attachment 515113

This blanket bears a striking resemblance to the blanket being worn by the individual alleged to be Jay in the snapchat taken at the villa in Masca:
View attachment 515114

Now, we don't know that this is the particular Hotel that the group was using, however a 'Lucy' left a review on the 16th of June that ties in pretty neatly with the group's stay. (Jay arrived on the 13th):
View attachment 515115

Now, this is all circumstantial. There's nothing solid to indicate that the 'Lucy' who left the review is LL; there's a good chance that these blankets are sold all over the island, and are as ubiquitous as those awful 'Live, Laugh, Love' murals are in the UK - but it still seems like quite the coincidence that this blanket would appear twice in two completely different areas of the island whilst still connected to the same individual. I think it's safe to assume that Jay didn't take the blanket clubbing with him that evening. JMO.

Jay wasn’t staying at that hotel.

He was staying at Paloma Beach

View attachment 515113

View attachment 515114

Now, we don't know that this is the particular Hotel that LL was using, however a 'Lucy' left a review on the 16th of June that ties in pretty neatly with the group's stay. (Jay arrived on the 13th):
View attachment 515115

Great find! Well done

Do we know if Lucy was staying at Paloma Beach?

They are reported to be staying at the same place.

Jay, 19, was staying in Tenerife's popular Los Cristianos resort, sharing an apartment at the three-star Paloma Beach complex with pals Brad Hargreaves and Lucy Mae Law

They are reported to be staying at the same place.

Jay, 19, was staying in Tenerife's popular Los Cristianos resort, sharing an apartment at the three-star Paloma Beach complex with pals Brad Hargreaves and Lucy Mae Law
Ah, okay. Probably just coincidence, then.

Speaking in a video statement today posted on social media, Mr Williams-Thomas claimed: "On route Jay posted a Snapchat saying that they had taken a £12,000 Rolex from a person. We have been unable to validate this in terms of a reported theft. However, friends of Jay he would not make this up and the watch was the subject of a later conversation between them."

Are they assuming the Rolex stolen was from one of the men staying in the air bnb?

If this is true, my wondering is this why he didn’t use the road to walk back to his hotel to avoid being seen? Was he afraid the men would wake up and notice the watch was stolen and come looking for him?

Are they assuming the Rolex stolen was from one of the men staying in the air bnb?

If this is true, my wondering is this why he didn’t use the road to walk back to his hotel to avoid being seen? Was he afraid the men would wake up and notice the watch was stolen and come looking for him?
Allegedly, news outlets are reporting that there was a Snapchat of Jay showing the Rolex while being in the car to the airbnb

"During the hour-long drive, Mark claims Jay posted a Snapchat saying he had taken a Rolex worth £12,000 from an unknown person."

Ah, okay. Probably just coincidence, then.

There's a post further up the thread saying that the AirBnB booking was made 90 mins before arrival. Clearly the 2 men in the AirBnB were already on the island before booking it. Could they have been staying in the hotel with the matching blanket?
Is anyone really brave enough to fly to Tenerife without accommodation pre-booked? Or did they already have accommodation booked? Why would they need to the AirBnB if so?

*My opinions only. I dont know any details of what their travel plans or what they had actually booked

I highly doubt that he'd steal a watch from somebody before traveling back to their accommodation wilfully (he allegedly boasted about the theft during the car journey. That doesn't sound like somebody under duress).
I think what's more likely is that he allegedly stole a watch from a third party at the club, and then left with these two men.
They may have been aware of the theft and were assisting Jay in making his escape. Or they may have been completely unaware of the theft.

This is all assuming that Jay did steal a watch in the first place.

There's a post further up the thread saying that the AirBnB booking was made 90 mins before arrival. Clearly the 2 men in the AirBnB were already on the island before booking it. Could they have been staying in the hotel with the matching blanket?
Is anyone really brave enough to fly to Tenerife without accommodation pre-booked? Or did they already have accommodation booked? Why would they need to the AirBnB if so?

*My opinions only. I dont know any details of what their travel plans or what they had actually booked

Good point. Perhaps they had to leave their previous accommodation at short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member