Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it was a reason or way to set the scene for RH taking the gun out of his car.

Like why else would all his car doors be open? (GL said he had them open to let the music blast loudly.)

Of course RH never actually took any gun out of GL’s car.

Yes, the shotgun AND the magazine. Because, of course, Lynn safely separated the firearm from the ammo. So all the doors open would supposedly allow Russell to grab both easily. One from the front and one from the back.

I have been looking to see if the radio would even work in the valley. Or if it would just crackle.
One site says to take a portable radio and tune in to ABC or local radio for bushfire and weather updates. So maybe the radio would work, even though mobile phones won't get reception - nor will UHF ham radio, only HF ham radio is said to work.

One note of caution: HF radio is best for Wonnangatta for UHF won't work Wonnangatta Valley

Remember that official warnings of bushfires are not always available in remote locations, so extra effort is required to keep informed. If you are camping, take a portable radio and tune in to ABC or local outlets for weather and fire updates. Wonnangatta Drive

Lynn had a well known aversion to noise.

He has killed dogs previously because of it. He used to camp in his back yard to avoid the noise of his kids.

His tolerance to noise is very low.

So it wouldn’t take loud music at all. Just any music.

Hills drone was much bigger than most and would have made more noise.

In the movies people always turn up the music before committing a crime to drown out the screams.

Yes, the shotgun AND the magazine. Because, of course, Lynn safely separated the firearm from the ammo. So all the doors open would supposedly allow Russell to grab both easily. One from the front and one from the back.

I have been looking to see if the radio would even work in the valley. Or if it would just crackle.
One site says to take a portable radio and tune in to ABC or local radio for bushfire and weather updates. So maybe the radio would work, even though mobile phones won't get reception - nor will UHF ham radio, only HF ham radio is said to work.

One note of caution: HF radio is best for Wonnangatta for UHF won't work Wonnangatta Valley

Remember that official warnings of bushfires are not always available in remote locations, so extra effort is required to keep informed. If you are camping, take a portable radio and tune in to ABC or local outlets for weather and fire updates. Wonnangatta Drive
GL told detectives he used “a stack” and “put them in individually” so I guess he had a CD player in his car.

His tolerance to noise is very low.

So it wouldn’t take loud music at all. Just any music.

Hills drone was much bigger than most and would have made more noise.

In the movies people always turn up the music before committing a crime to drown out the screams.
Yes GL doesn’t strike me as the type to enjoy loud music and when I consider that he had a violent reaction to dogs barking it just confirms my hunch.

It bothers me a little that some of my friends here are still prone to believing at least some of what GL says. The loud music for example. Yes, it is necessary to believe the loud music story to believe the open doors story, which is necessary to believe the Russell taking the gun story. All very neat. But probably not true, IMO.

There's a little bit of truth in all of his lies I would think. Loud music to cover up the sounds - the discharging of the two bullets into the air were likely the two bullets that took out his victims. Talk of stalking, always painting his car, cruelty to animals and his wife, the cold and calculated police interview. Definite psychopath vibes with this guy. Serial killer? I wonder if the painting of the car aligns with when people went missing in his region?

It bothers me a little that some of my friends here are still prone to believing at least some of what GL says. The loud music for example. Yes, it is necessary to believe the loud music story to believe the open doors story, which is necessary to believe the Russell taking the gun story. All very neat. But probably not true, IMO.
Probably not, I agree.

As I watched his 3.5 hour with police I made observations I thought noteworthy and logged them in an app on my phone, but these were more things that were signs of sociopathy/narcissism.

When it came to discerning his lies from truth it was difficult because a part of his brain believes in his story, so to him, his version was the right version & this gave him conviction.

But, there were times he scratched his head or his chest would visibly rise & heave after answering the detectives question, I felt certain he had just told a huge lie.

Mostly those types of questions were about the moment he saw Carol after she’d been shot etc

Things that must have had a very horrific visual attached to them, memories so graphic that were the detectives privy to reading his mind, they’d be incredibly disturbed by.

So it’s not that GL himself was rattled by remembering the gore of that trip, he was stressed out by the possibility of ever having that truth revealed.

The times when it was clear he was telling the truth, like “Do you agree the time is 5:30?” or talking about painting his car etc, he seemed to perk up a bit & lean in to it, almost enthusiastic like, “oh great, a chance to actually tell the truth!” like it was going to earn him brownie points.

Let there be no doubt, I find GL absolutely repulsive. Especially when I consider he may have thrown his own clothing on top of RH & CC as he burned their bodies, like the utter disregard for them as he threw his own shirt onto them, this is disturbing.

Last edited:
Seems like quite a few incidents of dogs being killed, within the scope of Lynn not liking barking dogs.

Lisa Lynn told a neighbour that when they lived in Evandale (near Launceston airport) Lynn had a dispute with a neighbour and shot their dog.

Then there are the three dogs who were shot in the Viergever "murder/suicide" on Zig Zag road in 2010 (possibly related imo).

And the next door neighbours dog who was found dead and strung up on a fence, when Lisa was alive.

As well as the miniature pig who lost its life with Lynn's axe.

Seems like quite a few incidents of dogs being killed, within the scope of Lynn not liking barking dogs.

Lisa Lynn told a neighbour that when they lived in Evandale (near Launceston airport) Lynn had a dispute with a neighbour and shot their dog.

If that's true, then I'd have expected police involvement and charges.

Excellent summary from Rule inside 3/4 of an hour.
I just finished it.

My first time listening to a podcast by Andrew Rule and first time getting through a podcast at all (short attention span)

Thumbs up from me. I found Andrew engaging & the pace was ideal.

Thanks to the group for inadvertently introducing the world of podcasts to a fussy millennial ;)

I struggle with YouTube videos but surprisingly found this podcast a breeze to listen to.

I think I’m jaded by my own or younger generations and should give my elders more of a chance!

I would imagine he would have absolutely no mercy for spiders.
Not sure if this will mean anything to you @Kemug but in the police interview GL tells detectives he came across a campsite toilet but moved on because there was a Huntsman spider in there.. *shrug*

The detectives humoured him by responding, “lucky it wasn’t a Redback!”

Not sure if this will mean anything to you @Kemug but in the police interview GL tells detectives he came across a campsite toilet but moved on because there was a Huntsman spider in there.. *shrug*

The detectives humoured him by responding, “lucky it wasn’t a Redback!”
He identifies as a Huntsman! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads