Australia - father accused of trying to kill family in housefire, 3 of 7 children killed - Lalor Park NSW - July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Dean Heasman, 28, is alleged to have lit the house on fire while his 29-year-old de-facto partner Stacey Gammage and her seven children were inside.

Two boys, aged three and six, were taken to Westmead Hospital in a critical condition, but they died a short time later.

Fire and Rescue NSW extinguished the fire before the body of a third child, believed to be a 10-month-old girl, was found.

It's understood witnesses heard Heasman yelling something along the lines of 'let me die here' as he allegedly tried to stop neighbours and police from entering the burning home.

Neighbour Jarrod Hawkins has been hailed as a hero after rushing to the burning home minutes after it was engulfed in flames and helping save four children inside.

Raymond Gardiner's CCTV cameras captured the moment the housing commission home caught alight at about 12.55am.

A mother-of-seven has been sedated after detectives told her three of her children were killed in a house fire that was allegedly lit by their father.

Local resident Jarrod Hawkins, whose daughter was friends with one of the surviving children, was hailed a hero after rushing to the burning home and saving a nine-year-old girl and her three brothers, aged 4, 7 and 11.

The eldest boy told his rescuers: 'Dad tried to kill me.'

Once Mr Hawkins left the burning home with four children, they were placed on the other side of the road before another neighbour Damien Dubois decided to move them away from the scene.

'I had the four kids and they were cold so we picked them up and took them into the back room of my place,' Mr Dubois told Daily Mail Australia.

'I was trying to console them. The two younger kids weren't saying anything so I picked them up and took them out of the way of all this trauma.

'They didn't need to watch it all.'

The children’s father allegedly set the house on fire after attacking his de facto partner and tried to barricade his family inside as it burnt, dragging them back in as neighbours and first responders tried to save them.

I just can't imagine this scene, those poor Emergency service heros, the neighbour/s heros........having someone trying to drag the rescued kids back into the fire it just as evil as it gets.

I'm surprised that this isn't getting more MSM attention .........I guess because it's a struggling family from the Western Suburbs , on welfare, living on Housing Commission & not from the Eastern suburbs or the North Shore ..............but surely these kids matter just like any other?

Apparently not really known to the cops.

I really feel for this mum & hope she has lots of support.

I'm surprised this thread is also so quite......... :confused:

Thanks for starting this thread investikater .

Last edited:
I just can't imagine this scene, those poor Emergency service heros, the neighbour/s heros........having someone trying to drag the rescued kids back into the fire it just as evil as it gets.

I heard on the radio today that the emergency responders are undergoing peer to peer counselling.

I had never heard of peer to peer counselling before, but they were explaining how other responders have been through horror scenes similar to this, and the ones who offer to help their fellow workers can make a really good and truly understanding support system.

I heard on the radio today that the emergency responders are undergoing peer to peer counselling.

I had never heard of peer to peer counselling before, but they were explaining how other responders have been through horror scenes similar to this, and the ones who offer to help their fellow workers can make a really good and truly understanding support system.
Yep, FRNSW are quite big on the peer to peer counseling. Tends to be offered explicitly after any fatality, but is also available 24/7 for any employee or their family for any reason.

I agree , of all the debrif's I have had & sadly there has been a few, the ones with my work mates have been the most beneficial.

IMO it's important to start to have these soon after the event, not weeks later & not in some stuffing formal setting.

The children’s father allegedly set the house on fire after attacking his de facto partner and tried to barricade his family inside as it burnt, dragging them back in as neighbours and first responders tried to save them.

I'm surprised that this isn't getting more MSM attention .........I guess because it's a struggling family from the Western Suburbs , on welfare, living on Housing Commission & not from the Eastern suburbs or the North Shore ..............but surely these kids matter just like any other?

Apparently not really known to the cops.

I really feel for this mum & hope she has lots of support.

I'm surprised this thread is also so quite......... :confused:

Thanks for starting this thread investikater .
I wonder if it is the sheer number of family and domestic violence incidents that has kind of brought us to a halt, I know I don’t have the heart to sleuth this one just now. I imagine outrage will set in for sure, but for now for me it’s just so sad…yet another family devastated. I’m feeling so dejected, it seems like anger and outrage has not achieved much, apart from”we have to be better” statements.
RIP little kiddos

It sounds like something may have been brewing. The police were called to do a welfare check at the house about 2 weeks ago.

The hero neighbour (who said he is not a hero) knew his daughter's friend was in the house, so he relentlessly bashed at the front door until he broke it in ... then he went into the house 4 times to get the girl and 3 of her brothers out.
He couldn't see a thing due to smoke, just grabbed the kids that he could find because he could hear them coughing.

Neighbours called him a hero for what he did.
"I don't buy into that... I just reacted with what I could do," he said.

There are also reports police were called to the home two weeks ago to conduct a welfare check on the children.

Last edited:

A mother-of-seven has been sedated after detectives told her three of her children were killed in a house fire that was allegedly lit by their father.

I could cry for this poor woman and her kids.

Another vile excuse of a man thinking he has the right to take the lives of others :mad::mad: Just kill yourselves you scumbags.

It sounds like something may have been brewing. The police were called to do a welfare check at the house about 2 weeks ago.

The hero neighbour (who said he is not a hero) knew his daughter's friend was in the house, so he relentlessly bashed at the front door until he broke it in ... then he went into the house 4 times to get the girl and 3 of her brothers out.

Neighbours called him a hero for what he did.
"I don't buy into that... I just reacted with what I could do," he said.

There are also reports police were called to the home two weeks ago to conduct a welfare check on the children.
Yep , he has also set up a g f m

No doubt he saved those kids lives!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper