Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC, the consumption of cannabis had been decriminalised in Spain. These cafes are essentially just places where cannabis consumption is permitted by the owners. There's no licensing required as they're not technically (officially) selling any product.
"He now runs a popular cannabis store in Playa de las Americas called Potter's Garden, which sells multiple types of marijuana.

When MailOnline found the club, two British men approached and asked, 'What do you need?', before reeling off a shopping list of drugs."

Well according to Brad he was living his best life, happy as Larry a few minutes earlier, on the road (and then he heard gravel noises, he didn’t state he saw him off road or falling if you watch his interview).
If he saw the coast and kept going down, he would have been found. Whilst that path is dangerous- it’s not the walking that’s dangerous, it’s the falling rocks (hence why you need to wear a helmet). It would have been different if he went out rock climbing upwards and then fell into a ravine.
Lucy didn’t speedily manage to mobilise services either - the Guardia said she reported him missing between 6.00 and 8.00pm. The post asking for a lift up there was at 11.39 and when offered the lift, she delayed and said she needed to go to the police station first. They were also out there with other people, none of whom went with Lucy, so they didn’t get a sense of urgency either.
Good point re whether he saw him or heard him fall on the rocks. There have been two versions reported. I seem to remember in the interview he said he 'heard' and the interviewer said 'so you saw' and he then stuttered 'yea'. Maybe I'm imagining it??

I don't see it as a question of need but if two people are going to get in a car which is close to the door of the airbnb and they are chatting it would be normal to carry on the conversation while moving a step or two towards the door to ask for the car to be moved.
Yet, Ofelia was over the road at the bus stop, talking to Jay, when the couple knocked on the door of the bnb, so it couldn't be her.
<modsnip: bickering/discussing moderation>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I’m off back to the basics and the original interviews Ophelia, Brad, Lucy and AQ did:
My new outlandish theory of the day- jay was walking down the road on FaceTime not concentrating. Ophelia and her mystery unnamed man were driving down the windy road, forcing Jay to step over the bollard whilst chatting. Lucy rang, Jay isn’t concentrating tells Brad he has to go, Brad hears him slipping (but doesn’t see it). He slides into a cactus and he goes down the slope and cuts himself and can’t see the road. He then rings Lucy back all a bit disorientated, down the slope, he can’t get back up the slope to the air bnb,he doesn’t quite understand where he is and can either not see the road or it’s too steep to climb, he needs a drink (as in the saying as he’s just survived sliding down the slope) and he does sound panicked. Ophelia perhaps saw him climb over the bollard and drove on thinking nothing more of it, until the following day when she hears he’s missing and states “we aren’t to blame”. And because everyone has gone searching down these footpaths instead of the slopes by the roads he’s laying there undiscovered. Nothing to do with the drugs, or the watch- an accident caused by walking along a road whilst FaceTiming and then slipping, as a car drives by. JMO
I wondered myself if a car had just edged him off the road and he fell. The road is scarily narrow and winding - not much room for walkers.

Good point re whether he saw him or heard him fall on the rocks. There have been two versions reported. I seem to remember in the interview he said he 'heard' and the interviewer said 'so you saw' and he then stuttered 'yea'. Maybe I'm imagining it??
He did reply yeah- but in a very unconvincing manner- whether he saw the initial slipping or not doesn’t really matter, he was hung up on at that point. So wouldn’t know if how far he slid and whether he got hurt- but it would explain Lucy’s initial accounts of the phone call and the change in mood, AQ is aware of none of this and Ophelia just assumed he would step back over the bollard, until she hears about the missing lad the following day.

If he's bought cigarettes I think we'd know about it by now. MWT has been speaking to everyone, I can't believe there's an actual witness that hasn't been found yet. The cigarette buying options aren't exactly going to be numerous up the mountain.

JMO
Witnesses not yet spoken to include this mystery couple that knocked the door to have the car moved. And the American that took Lucy up to the mountains.
I'd be interested in knowing more from them...

Potter Payper is getting pretty popular in the drill scene but he isn’t at the point of being mobbed. He would definitely appear as cool to anyone younger though.

It’s interesting that Q seems to want to absolve himself of any blame whatsoever. Mates left him? I offered a bed. No phone charge? I offered a charger. Thirsty? I bought him a drink.

Like a modern day Saint.

Witnesses not yet spoken to include this mystery couple that knocked the door to have the car moved. And the American that took Lucy up to the mountains.
I'd be interested in knowing more from them...
Has it been confirmed that they haven't been spoken to? Was that confirmed by the Spanish police? If so it smacks of incompetence after 3 weeks, I'm slightly surprised they'd admit that

JMO

Well I’m off back to the basics and the original interviews Ophelia, Brad, Lucy and AQ did:
My new outlandish theory of the day- jay was walking down the road on FaceTime not concentrating. Ophelia and her mystery unnamed man were driving down the windy road, forcing Jay to step over the bollard whilst chatting. Lucy rang, Jay isn’t concentrating tells Brad he has to go, Brad hears him slipping (but doesn’t see it). He slides into a cactus and he goes down the slope and cuts himself and can’t see the road. He then rings Lucy back all a bit disorientated, down the slope, he can’t get back up the slope to the air bnb,he doesn’t quite understand where he is and can either not see the road or it’s too steep to climb, he needs a drink (as in the saying as he’s just survived sliding down the slope) and he does sound panicked. Ophelia perhaps saw him climb over the bollard and drove on thinking nothing more of it, until the following day when she hears he’s missing and states “we aren’t to blame”. And because everyone has gone searching down these footpaths instead of the slopes by the roads he’s laying there undiscovered. Nothing to do with the drugs, or the watch- an accident caused by walking along a road whilst FaceTiming and then slipping, as a car drives by. JMO

Why would Ophelia omit seeing him climb over the bollard?

The buzz and Ofelia talking to Jay aren't happening at the same time are they?

I'm not sure which evidence you're referring to
According to Qassim, the couple were at his door at the same time as he noticed Jay talking to a woman at the bus stop. This is the evidence I mentioned. Whether it is reliable or not, who can say?
This is my final word on the matter, as it is just one of multiple aspects of this case.

You're all welcome to tell me I've lost my marbles but.... if Jay had come to that sharp bend in the road which then turns back on itself, is it at all possible that he could see the other side of that 'V' of road and decided to cut across country to the other side to save time and distance?
Very possible. Its hot, he might be tired, he's thirsty. I'd possibly try to cut corners too, seeing a road like that in front of me.

I agree with the uncle on that statement of arriving alive and leaving alive.
He may well have. But what about after he left, Ayoobi?
And why even mention anything about being alive…
I dont like it
And I was one of those convinced of misadventure initially
I wondered if that line was something that got translated from another language where what he said didn’t sound like what a fumbling guilty person would say in a poorly written crime movie lol. Or if he did say it in English if English isn’t his first language. I have family who are bilingual and even in English they speak more directly or even bluntly because that’s how their other language works. If there’s not something like that going on, it was indeed a really weird thing to say unless it was said in frustration after seeing people speculate about him. So he’s doing a “let me spell it out for you” kind of thing.

I've just had a thought:

What if Ayub Q wasn't involved in making Jay disappear, but the second man 'Jonny Vegas'  was?

There has been plenty of SM speculation as to what Jonny Vegas' real identity is, but Ayub Q refuses to discuss the identity of the other man (and if MSM reports are accurate, has even assumed the 'Jonny Vegas' identity himself, which seems incredibly odd).

Assuming that Jay did steal the watch, and the theft was discovered when the two men woke up, what if only 'Jonny Vegas' went after Jay and on returning prepped Ayub Q on what to say should anyone come around looking for answers?

We know that Ayub Q has had previously convictions for drugs related offences, but what if he was the fall guy, taking the jail time to protect somebody higher up in the organisation?
What if the parts of his story about offering Jay a bed, a shower, and generally being a relativy decent stand-up guy are true? And perhaps he saw a little of Jay in himself.

This would explain why Ayub Q has been relatively forthcoming with the media whilst remaining completely tight-lipped over the identity of the second man. It would also explain why his story has so many unnecessary details - the more imagery your story has (the Camel cigarettes, the black trainers, etc) the easier it is to remember.

Maybe this 'Jonny Vegas' is a particularly ruthless type that would quite happily kill a teenager over the theft of a watch, and Ayub is just as scared of him as everyone else?
This was my thinking too. Suddenly Ayub is 'Jonny Vegas' but it takes a week or more for him to say this? Just doesn't ring true. And who was the other man at the Airbnb? Your theory makes perfect sense to me.

Also, if Jay really did say that he was leaving because he was hungry, why didn't Ayub just give him something to eat? I mean, presumably there must have been some food at the rental?

This was my thinking too. Suddenly Ayub is 'Jonny Vegas' but it takes a week or more for him to say this? Just doesn't ring true. And who was the other man at the Airbnb? Your theory makes perfect sense to me.

Also, if Jay really did say that he was leaving because he was hungry, why didn't Ayub just give him something to eat? I mean, presumably there must have been some food at the rental?
If there was a woman staying there also, I might agree. Lol. You seen a single guy/s fridge at home nevermind on vacation?

Potter Payper is getting pretty popular in the drill scene but he isn’t at the point of being mobbed. He would definitely appear as cool to anyone younger though.

It’s interesting that Q seems to want to absolve himself of any blame whatsoever. Mates left him? I offered a bed. No phone charge? I offered a charger. Thirsty? I bought him a drink.

Like a modern day Saint.
Fully reformed ,bad past, but now helps teenagers who are left alone after night clubs close offers great hospitality in a loving environment modern day saint is right pride of Britain award goes to ayub qassim

By stop for juice do you mean petrol?

IMO it's super unlikely that Jay would any contact details for Tenerifian watch fences nor the mental capability to organise some kind of secret exchange for a bag of money and even less likely that the fence would head up the mountains pre 9am to meet a random English lad.

JMO
MWT said the guys stopped on the way to the Airbnb at Santiago del Teide at a Cafe/shop, to get drinks. Street view shows a cafe/bar next to the bank and taxi rank.
If the guys had a contact that would be in the market for a watch in that area, it could be an easy place to meet.

If we are to believe that they'd only booked the airbnb a matter of hours earlier I can't imagine that had anything there at all which would make sense of stopping at a petrol station/cafe on the way.

Do we even know if they'd been to the place earlier in the day to collect the key?

ETA - I now know I was wrong about when they booked the place

Last edited:

"Jay Slater:

Family of missing teen have 'no answers' as search enters fourth week.

Missing posters pinned up inside the two bus stops which sit opposite each other along the main road are the only hint of the search for Jay.

Masca's association with his disappearance doesn't seem to have deterred visitors, as rented cars navigate the hairpin bends that wind their way up and down the steep slopes to the village.

If they can find a parking space, tourists stop to take in the breathtaking views, walk the trails or get refreshments at a few small cafes, one which is run by Ofelia Medina Hernandez, above the modest Airbnb where Mr Slater returned with the two men.

Tourists stop at the viewpoint restaurant and gift shop that functioned as the makeshift headquarters for the operation to pose for photographs in front of the stunning backdrop, sample the speciality grilled goat's cheese with honey or sip a Barraquito - a layered coffee drink made with lemon, liqueur and condensed milk.

Now Mr Slater's family rely on the kindness of volunteers to search the rocky slopes, where lizards scurry between the cacti and bushes.

His father Warren Slater, older brother Zak Slater, and uncle Glen Duncan were accompanied by a local hiking group to search an area of Barranco Juan Lopez, the gorge where Mr Slater's phone was last located, in the searing heat on Saturday.

One member had cuts on her arms as she made her way back up the dusty track to the road, while his uncle described the conditions as 'treacherous'.

'It's so easy to get lost down there. You can't see anybody. I got to a point where I wasn't even looking for my nephew anymore but trying to find my way out to safety'."

1720463124855.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back