MI - Suzan Christian Barbosa Ferreira, 42 yr old Found Deceased - Brazilian Woman Found Dead on Highway, June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Beduschi

Reaction score
Brazilian Woman Found Dead on Highway in the USA

A 42-year-old Brazilian woman was found dead in the rural area of Detroit, in the United States. The victim, identified as Suzan Christian Barbosa Ferreira, was found unclothed on the side of a highway. Her family lives in Pedro Leopoldo, in the Greater Belo Horizonte area, and is asking for help to bring the body back to Brazil. According to relatives, the police's main suspicion is that it was a sexual crime. Speaking to g1, Suzan's sister said that she had gone to the USA about a month ago and had been missing for a week until she was found last Sunday (30). She worked in importation and traveled alone for business.

"She was the only one [of the sisters] who had a visa, that's why she made the trip. She had no disputes in Brazil, didn't use drugs. We only know it was a sexual crime because she was found naked," said Roberta Barbosa Ferreira.

According to family members, the American police have started investigating the case. However, there is no information yet about what happened to Suzan.

"The last message was when she said she was in a hotel and was tired, that she would take a bath and rest. She didn't mention going out. The police investigators in the USA haven't given any information about possible motives, because there the investigation lasts between four and five weeks," explained her sister.

The Brazilian woman left behind a 15-year-old daughter and a 5-year-old son.

Burial in Brazil

The family is asking for financial help to bring the victim's body to Brazil. According to relatives, the costs for transportation are estimated to be around USD 20,000.

g1 contacted the Dearborn Police Department, responsible for the investigations, and the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to find out more details about the case. The report will be updated as soon as the authorities respond.

Original report in Brazilian Portuguese:

Not far from where I live… so awful. Hope they’re able to trace her movements or there are cameras at the hotel she was at. Just so awful, aside from her obviously — her poor children too, and family. :-( (edit- she wasn’t found on a highway- was a rural road. From this article, and pic, and bc I know the area)

This is not rural Detroit like what the article says. This is about 45 minutes west of Detroit, and is rural. The road she was found on is not the most desolate I have been on, but it is more rural that normal. I live about 2 miles away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back