Found Deceased IL - Warren Beard, 53, assistant pastor, drives black Honda HRV, msg frm 300 block East 89th St, Chicago, last seen Joliet, 2 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1720330636222.png

MISSING PERSON
Sent: 2024-07-06 @ 18:21 Case: JH-331615

NIC # M24B2082
Last Name BEARD
First Name WARREN
Age 53
Gender MALE
Height 6’00”
Weight 200
Eyes BROWN
Hair BALD
Complexion MEDIUM
Race AFRICAN-AMERICAN
Last Contact July 2, 2024
Marks TATTOOS ON BOTH ARMS AND BACK

ABOVE LISTED MISSING FROM THE AREA OF THE 300 BLOCK OF EAST 89TH ST. MISSING LAST SEEN IN JOLIET, IL. MISSING DRIVES A BLACK HONDA HRV WITH ILLINOIS TAG DY20511, VIN# 3CZRZ2H51PM736035.

ANY INFORMATION PLEASE DIAL 9-1-1 OR AREA 2 SVU AT BELOW LISTED
NUMBER.

Area 2 SVU
312-747-8274

OLIET, Ill. - The search for a missing pastor in Joliet is underway and Chicago police, family and friends are asking for the public's help in locating him.

Family and friends of the assistant pastor of New Israelite Missionary Baptist Church are concerned for his wellbeing.

They spent time Saturday trying to find him, and they plan to resume their search Sunday.

His family and friends are holding a news conference on Monday morning.

JUL 7, 2024
[...]

Relatives have told authorities that Rev. Beard, assistant pastor at New Israelite Missionary Baptist Church, was last seen about 9 p.m., Tuesday, July 2, in Joliet in the 400 block of North Broadway Street.

[...]

"In the afternoon hours of July 3, officers checked a residence in the 400 block of North Broadway at the request of family, but they were unable to locate Beard..."

[...]

The press conference will be in Chicago at 11 a.m., on Monday., July 8, at the New Israelite Missionary Baptist Church, 1625 W 75th Place.

... He is the regional director of facilities for POAH Communities in Chicago, a nonprofit developer, owner and operator of nearly 13,000 affordable homes in 12 states and the District of Columbia. Rev. Beard is responsible for POAH's Midwest portfolio covering Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, and Kentucky.

[...]

JUL 7, 2024
Search continues for missing Chicago pastor, Warren Beard, last seen in Joliet

Notes:

- Warren's wife says he goes to work, comes home, he goes to work out, and he goes to church. They've been married 16 years and he has never not come home.

- Warren and his wife live in Chicago but he attended college in Joliet, and occasionally goes back to visit friends.

- Warren's wife said about where he was last seen, "there were other people there, he was there with a friend of his." They don't know exactly how many people were there, but it wasn't just him, there were other people in the house hanging out.

- Warren's vehicle was spotted about an hour after he was last seen at the intersection of Jefferson and Larkin in Joliet at 10:24 p.m. They were told by the Chicago PD that a plate reader read the car.

- Warren has not been to work, his credit cards haven't been used, and he's not been to church.

It's about a 40 mile drive from where Warren's vehicle was last spotted in Joliet IL to the New Israeli Missionary Baptist Church in Chicago. I'm assuming Warren lives somewhere in the vicinity of the church. The route is about 90% highway. If his car broke down it should have been seen and/or reported by now. Joliet IL to New Israel Church in Chicago Google Maps

JUL 8, 2024
Hours before the Rev. Warren Beard went missing on July 2, he spoke on the phone with his counterpart at New Israelite Missionary Baptist Church.

“He was jovial. He was happy, joking as usual,” the church’s senior pastor, Chenier A. Alston, told reporters Monday.

[...]

Truitt said she was disappointed police haven’t given family an update beyond saying where his car was last spotted. She said she wants to know information about the person he was last seen with and location data showing where his two cellphones were last located.

“Rev. Beard had bank cards, debit cards, credit cards. We’d like information on those cards. We haven’t received anything,” Truitt said, “and that makes this more painful.”

[...]

Alston called Beard Tuesday night around 8:30 p.m.

JUL 8, 2024
[...]

...He was supposed to be on a conference call on Wednesday, but never logged in.

[...]

"The family desperately would like some attention directed to the individual last seen with Rev. Beard. Rev. Beard had two cell phones, a work phone and a personal phone. We would like to know the last location of those phones. Rev. Beard had bank cards, debit card, credit cards. We'd like information on those cards. We haven't received anything. We haven't heard anything," said Patricia Truitt, Beard's aunt.

[...]

"The family desperately would like some attention directed to the individual last seen with Rev. Beard.
If Rev. Beard departed alone or had someone else in the car would be helpful to know. It's possible that he diverted from the usual way back to Chicago if someone needed a ride. Police should be able to track usage or attempted usage of credit/debit/ATM cards pretty quickly.

JUL 8, 2024
[...]

Beard was last seen on Tuesday night, July 2, at around 9 p.m., as he left a gathering of friends in Joliet. Chicago police have told Beard’s family that his black 2023 Honda HR-V with Illinois tag DY20511 was spotted about 90 minutes later, still in Joliet, around 10:30 p.m. by a plate-reader camera at the intersection of Jefferson Street and Larkin Avenue.

[...]

Beard is also a regional director for the Preservation of Affordable Housing, a Chicago non-profit. Beard’s co-workers say he worked last Tuesday, the night he went missing, until about 5 p.m. at the organization’s office in the Loop and seemed to be in fine spirits.

[...]

It's about a 40 mile drive from where Warren's vehicle was last spotted in Joliet IL to the New Israeli Missionary Baptist Church in Chicago. I'm assuming Warren lives somewhere in the vicinity of the church. The route is about 90% highway. If his car broke down it should have been seen and/or reported by now. Joliet IL to New Israel Church in Chicago Google Maps
I wonder if he was involved in an accident and his car is in a ravine, ditch, or somehow obscured?

Back in 2007 Tanya Rider was trapped in her car for 8 days and survived! Warren's family should be driving up and down the route he would have most likely taken searching for his car.

According to police, Beard, who lives on East 89th Street near the city's South Side, was last seen in Joliet, a city about 30 miles southwest of his home.

oliet - A body recovered from the Des Plaines River in Will County on Tuesday afternoon has been identified as a Chicago pastor who went missing last week.

Officials confirmed that Illinois State Police and other agencies were searching near the Brandon Road Lock and Dam in the Des Plaines River, reportedly for Rev. Warren Beard's missing SUV.

The county coroner confirmed to FOX 32 Chicago that the body was positively identified as 53-year-old Beard.

:(

Oh no. :(

JUL 9, 2024
Rockdale crews responded just after 11 a.m. for a reported vehicle that had entered the river last Tuesday near Route 6, just after 10:45 p.m., officials said. Brandon Road Lock officials saw the vehicle while reviewing routine security footage.

The vehicle was seen on video traveling south on Brandon Road, before driving into the water, Rockdale fire officials said.

Rockdale officials said the footage showed the car drive around barricades blocking a bridge in the area, which was up at the time.

The vehicle appeared to slip into the water through a gap in the raised bridge, officials said.

When the vehicle was fished from the riverbed Tuesday, the pastor's body was alone in the driver's seat. The Will County coroner positively identified the pastor but said it could be weeks before the cause of death is determined. The Illinois State Police and the Chicago Police Department are investigating the pastor's death.

New Israelite Missionary Baptist Church's Senior Pastor Chenier A. Alston believes foul play may have been involved because Pastor Beard was not suicidal.

"What I want answered is, 'Who did this," Alston said at the press conference.

"I don't believe this. I may be jumping the gun, but ... Warren was not; he was not suicidal. The fact that his car launched off that bridge, [there] were barricades there that had to be driven around. And we know how passionate he was about his job, his wife, his children, so we just want answers. And whatever those answers are, we are going to get justice for him," he said. "He was the greatest person, one of the great men I ever met in my life, and this is painful."

Alston told reporters that he wants Beard's death investigated because he was with someone in Joliet the night his car plunged into the river.

"I would hope that the police would passionately pursue every single lead. He was with a person, he was last seen with a particular person, and we pray that police would definitely investigate him and really just give us some answers," he said.

When the vehicle was fished from the riverbed Tuesday, the pastor's body was alone in the driver's seat. The Will County coroner positively identified the pastor but said it could be weeks before the cause of death is determined. The Illinois State Police and the Chicago Police Department are investigating the pastor's death.

New Israelite Missionary Baptist Church's Senior Pastor Chenier A. Alston believes foul play may have been involved because Pastor Beard was not suicidal.

"What I want answered is, 'Who did this," Alston said at the press conference.

"I don't believe this. I may be jumping the gun, but ... Warren was not; he was not suicidal. The fact that his car launched off that bridge, [there] were barricades there that had to be driven around. And we know how passionate he was about his job, his wife, his children, so we just want answers. And whatever those answers are, we are going to get justice for him," he said. "He was the greatest person, one of the great men I ever met in my life, and this is painful."

Alston told reporters that he wants Beard's death investigated because he was with someone in Joliet the night his car plunged into the river.

"I would hope that the police would passionately pursue every single lead. He was with a person, he was last seen with a particular person, and we pray that police would definitely investigate him and really just give us some answers," he said.

Has anyone found this bridge on google maps to see what it looks like? I'm guessing it was an accident, not self-harm or foul play.

jmo

Has anyone found this bridge on google maps to see what it looks like? I'm guessing it was an accident, not self-harm or foul play.

jmo
This article has photos and a lot more detailed information as to how this happened. In reading it, it appears to be an accident after the vehicle intentionally drove around a barricade, perhaps (IMO) Rev. Beard noted the road closed, but not seeing construction actively taking place thought he could go down the road anyway, not realizing the bridge was up. Rockdale Police Explain How Rev. Warren Beard Likely Died

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back