KS KS - Haylie 1, Madilynn 2, Martha Unger 23, Endangered, coerced by Corney & Elizabeth Klaasen to drv to relig fac in Mexico, Haskell Co, 28 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you analyze the FB pages a picture emerges of what might be happening. (See below)

Martha Klassen (Martha Unger)—from 7/12/20-10/5/20. Shows her living in Nuevo Namiquipa, Chihuahua MX (south of Juarez). Engagement and wedding photos.

Jake Martha Unger—from 8/9/21-8/28/22. Starts with a photo of Martha pregnant. Baby photos. Doesn’t say where they live.

Martha Unger—from 10/10/22-10/9/23. Child photos only. None of husband. Says she lives in Ulysses KS.

Could it be that Martha left her husband and went to Kansas? Her parents “persuade” her to return to MX.

Or could Jake have left Martha and she followed him to Kansas. Her parents want her to return to MX, so she does.

ETA: Or could Jake and Martha have decided to move to Kansas and her parents want her back? It doesn’t explain the latest FB page with no photos of Jake.

JMO

Yeppers... this is where I see the progression as well........
So,,,where is Jake.

Can anyone access these old articles? (They’re behind a paywall.) I believe they mention a Mennonite “rehabilitation center” in Chihuahua, MX.

I could click the 'subscription' page away. on the first one.. so I could read the whole article...
that one is 2001.
Reads as if it could be something today... just the ongoing conflicts of young vs old growing up in a religious culture, and how the drug culture has been able to influence the younger Mennonite population with drug use and drug dealing.
This is the only reference to the rehabilitation center, and no specific name was given.
Manuel Caracosa Alvarado, who runs a drug rehabilitation center in Cuauhtemoc, says he treats an average of 100 Mennonites a year, many for addictions to hard drugs like powder cocaine, crack cocaine and heroin.

They do use the word disco a lot tho!!!!

I couldnt read the second even with my paywall reader app. Too old i guess.

Last edited:
HASKELL COUNTY, Kan. (KWCH) - Update: The Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) has canceled an endangered persons advisory for a mother and her two daughters. The KBI said the Haskell County Sheriff’s Office made Martha Unger and verified her safety and that of her daughters.

HASKELL COUNTY, Kan. (KWCH) - Update: The Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) has canceled an endangered persons advisory for a mother and her two daughters. The KBI said the Haskell County Sheriff’s Office made Martha Unger and verified her safety and that of her daughters.

Whatever the circumstance that led to this situation, I hope they are safe, I hope Martha has free agency, and I hope if they were escaping an unsafe situation, they aren't forced back into it.

I don't want the next headline to be a worse one.

Happy they're alive. Let's keep them that way.

JMO

Not important anymore, but... The history here is that this group of religious people immigrated to Canada beginning in 1874. In 1922, Canada removed some of the religious freedoms that had been promised to them earlier, so many from that group moved to Chihuahua, Mexico, where they now number 74,000 people. Over the years various families moved back and forth between Canada and Mexico. Then at some point, a fairly large group of them moved to Mead, KS, near Ulysses, where Martha said she lived. I don't know under what circumstances Martha moved to KS, but she was among her own people there. It wouldn't have been considered unusual to move there from Mexico, or move back and forth repeatedly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back