US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what could they have done? Shot and possibly killed him before he raised a weapon? I don't think there was time to shut down the event...
I think the lapse might of been: Why was there not a Secret Service Agent or local police officer on every roof top with in rifle range?

I vaguely remember reading that Secret Service Agents intercepted a man in a wood line with in rifle range of where Obama was speaking. The man was unarmed and a search did not reveal a concealed weapon in the bushes.

Obama was not scheduled to speak for another hour or more. But...the man's explanation for what he was doing in the wood line was evidently less than fully convincing.

The important thing, however, was that the Secret Service agent in charge had anticipated a possible threat from the wood line. So he, or she, had agents back there- just in case. Sure enough, they found somebody of concern.

Last edited:
Police are currently on the scene of the 100 block of Lawrence Avenue in Butler. It appears they are searching a van that has been sitting here for hours with out of state plates. Bomb squad is on their way
@WTAE

Looking from Lawrence Ave towards the building where shooter fired. Not sure how old the view is though.

I think the lapse might of been: Why was there not a Secret Service Agent or local police officer on every roof top with in rifle range?

I vaguely remember reading that Secret Service Agents intercepted a man in a wood line with in rifle range of where Obama was speaking. The man was unarmed and a search did not reveal a concealed weapon in the bushes.

Obama was not scheduled to speak for another hour or more. But...the man's explanation for what he was doing in the wood line was evidently less than fully convincing.

The important thing, however, was that the Secret Service agent in charge had anticipated a possible threat from the wood line. So he, or she, had agents back there- just in case. Sure enough, they found somebody of concern.
Your first question was what I have been asking all night. Every rooftop around should have had LE/SS on it. That building is way too close! I could not believe it when I saw the diagram/satellite map. I am sure the SS and LE will be asked some hard questions in coming days.

Please help me here.
And why is it we "care" about motives? For when a person has murder in their heart, what may be done beforehand to stop them?
1. because we might learn something
2. because he might be part of a movement
3. because he might have been a terrorist with some
outside support
4. because there might have been (or are) plans for more mayhem
need I go on?

Presser notes:

FBI has deployed agents, evidence response team, bomb techs, and additional resources.

Need the public's help. Anyone on scene who saw anything is urged to report it to the FBI.

Calling it an assassination attempt.

Not prepared to identify shooter, but close to making that available (thanks NY Post).

No identified motive at this stage, but they're working on it.

This event should be another reminder that we all are suspectible to being a victim of violence. For someone as protected as the former President this is beyond comprehensible.
I wonder if it's found the shooter used an assault rifle, will that change anyone's opinion on a person's right to bear these type of weapons?
I hope this event reminds politicians on both sides of the aisle to be mindful of their words and actions. I hope they can be the role models our country needs in abstaining from hateful language, personal attacks, and a general lack of care and concern for others.
Sending wishes for comfort, healing and strength to those affected.

KPVM TV News 25

BREAKING: Thomas Matthew Crooks ID'd as the suspect who shot at Donald Trump at his PA rally.

Crooks was 20-years-old from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania which was about 40 miles south of the Butler rally.
An AR-15 was reportedly recovered at the scene.

Crooks was apparently shot in the head after he tried taking out the former president.

FBI has the lead on the assassination attempt, Pennsylvania State police will handle the homicide and other victims.

Complications led to identifying the shooter (previous reporting indicated he had no ID on him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor