US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Whoever shot Trump definitely had more than casual training on shooting. That was a pretty amazing shot from 148 yards. If the news is correct on the location of the shooter. This wasn't some random training at the local range.

It’s really though to tell. That rifle would have likely had an optic (scope), which would have made it relatively easy for someone who had shot with it before.

The issues would have come down to adrenaline, and the fact that he fired too fast to be accurate.

I tend to think this guy didn’t have a great deal of experience.

I think @Moonstrawbs intended to write that they were absolutely “hysterical,” but autocorrect changed it.

The impact of this attempted assassination is really hitting me now, after the initial shock. It’s terrifying to witness an attempted murder, no matter who was the intended victim. I was driving home shortly after 6 PM EST and the car radio was saying there was an “incident” at a Trump rally and he was “whisked away.”

I’ve been watching the news since I got home and saw the actual story and am really having flashbacks of other assassinations and attempted assassinations in our history.

Just so dreadful and my heart hurts for these poor people who were just attendees and are dead/wounded.

My husband and I were watching President Trump's rally on television and it was only about 10 minutes or so into his remarks when the shooting happened. We were in shock for a long time as we watched the situation unfold and watched the news for hours afterwards. President Trump had just turned his head to the side to look up at some data that was being shown on a jumbo screen as he was shot. A moment earlier - and less than a half an inch away from where the bullet struck - then it would have been an assassination rather than an assassination attempt.

Praying for his recovery - both physical and otherwise - and for his family, and also for the other victims at the rally, especially for the family of the man who lost his life during this attack on President Trump, and also the two rally attendees who are in a local hospital now in critical condition. And praying for America.

Last edited:
My husband and I were watching President Trump's rally on television and it was ony about 10 minutes or so into his remarks when the shooting happened. We were in shock for a long time as we watched the situation unfold and watched the news for hours afterwards. President Trump had just turned his head to the side to look up at some data that was being shown on a jumbo screen as he was shot. A moment earlier - and less than a half an inch away from where the bullet struck - then it would have been an assassination rather than an assassination attempt.

Praying for his recovery - both physical and otherwise - and for his family, and also for the other victims at the rally, especially for the family of the man who lost his life during this attack on President Trump, and also the two rally attendees who are in a local hospital now in critical condition. And praying for America.

It definitely makes you think twice about attending political events. People out, enjoying the day, exercising freedom of assembly, and it becomes an deadly encounter. Tragic.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for political discussion>
I think this is going to be one of those loser/loner types who was looking for fame.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - no link> I guess we’ll wake up to more details about him tomorrow. I can’t help thinking about his family, news sources are saying law enforcement is at their home tonight. This isn’t going to be easy for them.

But neither is it for the man who was killed and the two who are critically injured. My thoughts are with their families tonight. A sad day for America.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not understand how SS didn’t have nearby buildings covered. I’ve been at major rallies in Pittsburgh and have seen government agents on roofs. The major routes typically have bridges and roadways protected and closed down for presidential motorcades. How did this happen?
He’s not the sitting POTUS, so his SS protection detail is substantially less than if he were. IMO.

Ironically, Crooks is a registered Republican voter. I guess we’ll wake up to more details about him tomorrow. I can’t help thinking about his family, news sources are saying law enforcement is at their home tonight. This isn’t going to be easy for them.

But neither is it for the man who was killed and the two who are critically injured. My thoughts are with their families tonight. A sad day for America.

Could you post a link for MSM that Crooks is a registered republican?
I have seen a couple of social media comments from individuals but can’t find anything being reported on a news site.

Could you post a link for MSM that Crooks is a registered republican?
I have seen a couple of social media comments from individuals but can’t find anything being reported on a news site.
Watching CNN international right now, and this was mentioned. They said he’s a registered Republican who had also made a small donation to Biden, according to public records.

I looked up the latter earlier and it was something like 15 bucks.

Watching CNN international right now, and this was mentioned. They said he’s a registered Republican who had also made a small donation to Biden, according to public records.

I looked up the latter earlier and it was something like 15 bucks.
I looked him up on the Allegany County site, he is registered there. It will be formally linked or stated tomorrow I’m sure.

If he is a Republican
why did he donate to Democrats? :rolleyes:

Sorry,
I live far away from the US
and might not understand finer details of American politics hehe
So one of three things could be going on.

1. He didn't want trump to win his primary (an intermediate election where a candidate is chosen from one particular party). To vote in that in Pennsylvania, he'd have to register as a Republican. So in that case it would be a strategic move, and not reflective of his political leanings for Trump.

2. He changed his views.

3. He really isn't political at all, and is all over the place.

I think this guy just wanted to be famous, but it's really early at this point to know what exactly his deal is. I think we'll learn that he had no friends, was a bit of an oddball (maybe some mental problems), and saw this as his chance to finally be somebody. Even in death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez