PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly, he breaks the profile almost completely.

No known mental health issues.

No crazy posts online.

No manifesto.

No apparent trigger.

Not known to law enforcement.

Moving on with his education.

Stable job.

Coworkers seemed to really like him, and didn’t set off any alarm bells.

The only thing that fits is that he was a loner, but it’s not like that’s an incredible rarity.
He got bullied mercilessly by his school mates [modsnip] If you want to get back at the people who made your life miserable what better way to hurt them back. And true to form, the high school guidance counsellor can't remember any instances of bullying. Based on a study by Alfred University, most student believe school shootings occur because of being bullied or picked on. The only difference here is that Crooks tried to take out the alpha. I guess we should be thankful he didn't take out a whole classroom of kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

7/14/24

Nursing aide turned sniper: Thomas Crooks' mysterious plot to kill Trump​

None of Crooks' shocked neighbors or high school classmates described him as violent or that he in any way signaled he was intent on harming Trump. Sunday morning, reporters and curious locals swarmed the leafy streets of the home where Crooks lived with his parents in Bethel Park, about 50 miles from the shooting scene.

Those who knew him described a quiet young man who often walked to work at a nearby nursing home. One classmate said he was bullied and often ate alone in high school.

[..]

Neighbor Dean Sierka, 52, has known Crooks and his parents for years. The families live a few doors apart on a winding suburban street, and Sierka’s daughter, who attended elementary, middle and high school with Crooks, remembers him as quiet and shy. Sierka said they saw Crooks at least once a week, often when he was walking to the nursing home from his parents' three-bedroom brick house.

"You wouldn’t have expected this," Sierka said. "The parents and the family are all really nice people."

"It's crazy," he added.

[..]

Secret Service role: Did they do enough?

In the days before the event, the agency's experts would have scouted the location, identified security vulnerabilities, and designed a perimeter to keep Trump and rally attendees safe. Congress and the Secret Service are now investigating how Crooks was able to get so close to the former president, and several witnesses reported seeing him in the area with the gun before Trump took the stage.

As the event doors opened at 1 p.m., the temperature was already pushing close to 90, and ticketed attendees oozed through metal detectors run by members of the Secret Service's uniformed division. Similar to airport security screenings, rallygoers emptied their pockets to prove they weren't carrying guns or other weapons.

Media reports indicate the Secret Service had in place, as usual, a counter-sniper team scanning the surrounding area for threats.

[..]
Rbm.
Re. the bolded; was anyone able to capture photos or videos of this ?

There are some links which appear to indicate this did indeed happen :

Now, a newly surfaced video backs up those accounts of warnings, showing a chaotic scene in which bystanders started calling out to police nearly a minute and a half before the shots rang out.
The footage, posted to social media late Sunday, shows several witnesses yelling and directing at least one police officer toward the roof of a neighboring business.

From the CNN link : It's amazing (imo) how low that building is, a little over one story in height, and the rally attendees milling about can clearly see him !

What is the saddest of all is that if TC was dealt with in any way possible -- while he was getting into position to shoot -- Corey Comperatore would still be with us ... and the former president Donald Trump, & the rally attendees --- James Copenhaver and David Dutch --- wouldn't have been wounded.

Thank goodness they're in stable condition !

Omo

Library records are purged every time you log out.
It's like you were never there.
I think they can assess searches and match with security footage who was at that particular computer. at least I have seen that on like 48 hours. But you could probably disguise yourself or avoid the camera as much as possible . I guess where there is a will there is a way.

How does the Director of Secret Service remain in position, after all that has been revealed? We know so much, and yet not everything. " The buck stops here" indeed. Outrageous neglect and deadly outcomes. Epic failure.
I am stunned.

Library records are purged every time you log out.
It's like you were never there.
But would they have CCTV.
Years ago here, in Australia, a man who commited a horrible crime thought if he used a library computer there would be no trace of him sending blackmail emails.

It turned out that he was caught on camera and it matched up with the exact times the emails were sent.

Last edited:
In a way, committing a crime to be sent prison is a form of suicide, even if it's not permanent. You kill your life even if still alive.

I do think he planned to be killed by cop/sniper or caught and sent to jail. Either way, he'd be famous.

jmo
I think we can all imagine the life he would have had in prison. And he could see it, too. I don't think he expected to get out alive.

BBM

'A shooting range, a gun store, and a ladder purchase: Tracking the Trump rally gunman’s movements leading up to his attack'​

snip:

The AR-style rifle Crooks used to fire on Trump was legally purchased by his father, Matthew Crooks. It was one of more than 20 firearms registered to the elder Crooks, which were kept at the family’s home, according to Pennsylvania State Police records reviewed by investigators, the official said. All of the guns were legally purchased.

The gunman and his father were members of Clairton Sportsmen’s Club, a gun club about a 25-minute drive from his house, and enjoyed going shooting there together, according to law enforcement officials. Rob Bootay, a lawyer for the club, confirmed in a statement that the younger Crooks was a member.'

The shooter was definitely raised in a gun culture, if not in his country and state, for sure in his home. More than 20 guns were registered to his father. I mean is this normal? I grew up on a farm in an isolated area in Canada and our home had one gun (in the basement with ammunition upstairs). It was a single shot .22 rifle my Dad used to shoot coyotes wanting to raid the henhouse.

Disgusting. What a hateful nonhuman being. And to think I once watched JB’s movies and thought he was an ok guy. Not anymore. He’s now on my Black list, no pun intended.
Jack Black did not say it. Kyle Gass did, and Jack Black canceled the tour because of it

to clarify... not making excuses just trying to understand motivation, a mentally stable person with a good support system can usually maneuver through life and make the right choices. An unstable person may not be as skilled at "living". Does being bullied justify murder? I don't think so , but I think it can contribute to the mindset that brings someone to that point. Ultimately there is a difference between right and wrong. It is not black and white, trying to understand what may lead someone to making such dire choices is not looking to excuse them. We can learn from things if we try to and maybe prevent something so awful from repeating.

I haven’t read through the post yet but according to this FBI interviewed the local officer who attempted to get on the roof.

The shooter was definitely raised in a gun culture, if not in his country and state, for sure in his home. More than 20 guns were registered to his father. I mean is this normal? I grew up on a farm in an isolated area in Canada and our home had one gun (in the basement with ammunition upstairs). It was a single shot .22 rifle my Dad used to shoot coyotes wanting to raid the henhouse.
For some folks, yes, it's perfectly normal & perfectly safe.

Well, there is a difference between “having a gun” and “practicing gun safety.” There are gun safety training courses, btw. To me, all spontaneous discharges that happen around indicate that people don’t adhere to minimal safety rules.

How does the Director of Secret Service remain in position, after all that has been revealed? We know so much, and yet not everything. " The buck stops here" indeed. Outrageous neglect and deadly outcomes. Epic failure.
I am stunned.
Imo there were swaths of responsibility. Ie local police in charge of outlying areas, ss in charge of inner areas. As I said earlier, I believe the organizers of the political rally had the responsibility to protect their candidate with bullet proof panels, sides and back. Instead of having a 360 deg exposure to harm, trump wwould have been exposed only from the front. Some of those assault rifles have effective range of 350+ m, an assailant could be anywhere, several properties away. But my point is that it's not just the taxpayers' responsibility to pay for protection of candidates at wide open political events.

a psychotic break could have started it weeks ago, however I do not think he is the regular age for such a break that would be more late 20's I think. I do think a mental illness undiagnosed could be a catalyst.

I think it is some genetic condition; in five years, we’ll know more about them. But, at the time of murders, “depressed and hopeless.” It is interesting that a person described as kind by those who knew him decided to kill others first, but that could be a spontaneous decision. Planning suicide by cops, for example, and here is an event that fits to an T; ended up being killed by the SS.

I am stunned.

She shouldn’t jmo she worked for biden when he was vp.

“Jill and I know firsthand Kim’s commitment to her job and to the Secret Service’s people and mission. When Kim served on my security detail when I was Vice President, we came to trust her judgment and counsel,” Biden wrote in the statement. “She is a distinguished law enforcement professional with exceptional leadership skills, and was easily the best choice to lead the agency at a critical moment for the Secret Service. She has my complete trust, and I look forward to working with her.”

I am stunned.
So far, nobody takes responsibility, resigns or is fired. Director reports to Myorkas and potus only, correct?

Jack Black did not say it. Kyle Gass did, and Jack Black canceled the tour because of it

And the guy who made the remark apologized.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonya702
Back