PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can empathise with how it makes you feel being bullied at school, and also how it makes you feel being excluded and made to feel like an outsider. It's like getting your heart broken again every day.

I think I'm lucky that it didn't make me think there was something wrong with me. I had to work on realising that.
I thought it was them and they just couldn't see what a nice person they were lucky enough to meet... ME :)
You were right! We can see. :)

jmo

Interested in learning if the "explosive device" was viable... how would you know how to do that and not leave a trace a search on how to or a book checked out from the library does such a thing exist? ) ?
You buy a burner phone for your researxh and throw it in the river (or wherever) before you commit your crime. Or just go sit in a bookstore and read the anarchist cookbook. I think a 20 y/o in 2024 would be very adept at doing something online and leaving no trace.

It was never going to make complete sense, but it now appears this is on a track where we’ll have much fewer answers than we usually do.

Usually there’s something discovered right away, and there’s just nothing here.

No note. No online profile. Nothing found in his phone. It’s frustrating.
Does his propensity to wear a covid mask lead you anywhere?

Maybe his family is immunocompromised.......? Not sure where you're going with this. The Tour de France is requiring masks this year because infections are on the rise again. I live in NYC and tons of people are still wearing masks every day.

Exactly, he breaks the profile almost completely.

No known mental health issues.

No crazy posts online.

No manifesto.

No apparent trigger.

Not known to law enforcement.

Moving on with his education.

Stable job.

Coworkers seemed to really like him, and didn’t set off any alarm bells.

The only thing that fits is that he was a loner, but it’s not like that’s an incredible rarity.
He got bullied mercilessly by his school mates [modsnip] If you want to get back at the people who made your life miserable what better way to hurt them back. And true to form, the high school guidance counsellor can't remember any instances of bullying. Based on a study by Alfred University, most student believe school shootings occur because of being bullied or picked on. The only difference here is that Crooks tried to take out the alpha. I guess we should be thankful he didn't take out a whole classroom of kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

7/14/24

Nursing aide turned sniper: Thomas Crooks' mysterious plot to kill Trump​

None of Crooks' shocked neighbors or high school classmates described him as violent or that he in any way signaled he was intent on harming Trump. Sunday morning, reporters and curious locals swarmed the leafy streets of the home where Crooks lived with his parents in Bethel Park, about 50 miles from the shooting scene.

Those who knew him described a quiet young man who often walked to work at a nearby nursing home. One classmate said he was bullied and often ate alone in high school.

[..]

Neighbor Dean Sierka, 52, has known Crooks and his parents for years. The families live a few doors apart on a winding suburban street, and Sierka’s daughter, who attended elementary, middle and high school with Crooks, remembers him as quiet and shy. Sierka said they saw Crooks at least once a week, often when he was walking to the nursing home from his parents' three-bedroom brick house.

"You wouldn’t have expected this," Sierka said. "The parents and the family are all really nice people."

"It's crazy," he added.

[..]

Secret Service role: Did they do enough?

In the days before the event, the agency's experts would have scouted the location, identified security vulnerabilities, and designed a perimeter to keep Trump and rally attendees safe. Congress and the Secret Service are now investigating how Crooks was able to get so close to the former president, and several witnesses reported seeing him in the area with the gun before Trump took the stage.

As the event doors opened at 1 p.m., the temperature was already pushing close to 90, and ticketed attendees oozed through metal detectors run by members of the Secret Service's uniformed division. Similar to airport security screenings, rallygoers emptied their pockets to prove they weren't carrying guns or other weapons.

Media reports indicate the Secret Service had in place, as usual, a counter-sniper team scanning the surrounding area for threats.

[..]
Rbm.
Re. the bolded; was anyone able to capture photos or videos of this ?

There are some links which appear to indicate this did indeed happen :

Now, a newly surfaced video backs up those accounts of warnings, showing a chaotic scene in which bystanders started calling out to police nearly a minute and a half before the shots rang out.
The footage, posted to social media late Sunday, shows several witnesses yelling and directing at least one police officer toward the roof of a neighboring business.

From the CNN link : It's amazing (imo) how low that building is, a little over one story in height, and the rally attendees milling about can clearly see him !

What is the saddest of all is that if TC was dealt with in any way possible -- while he was getting into position to shoot -- Corey Comperatore would still be with us ... and the former president Donald Trump, & the rally attendees --- James Copenhaver and David Dutch --- wouldn't have been wounded.

Thank goodness they're in stable condition !

Omo

He worked in a nursing home, maybe he was trying to protect the residents by not bringing Covid in to them *shrug* Or maybe one or both of his parents were at risk. Maybe he was. Some of us still mask to protect others, as well as ourselves.

Last edited:
Library records are purged every time you log out.
It's like you were never there.
I think they can assess searches and match with security footage who was at that particular computer. at least I have seen that on like 48 hours. But you could probably disguise yourself or avoid the camera as much as possible . I guess where there is a will there is a way.

How does the Director of Secret Service remain in position, after all that has been revealed? We know so much, and yet not everything. " The buck stops here" indeed. Outrageous neglect and deadly outcomes. Epic failure.
I am stunned.

Library records are purged every time you log out.
It's like you were never there.
But would they have CCTV.
Years ago here, in Australia, a man who commited a horrible crime thought if he used a library computer there would be no trace of him sending blackmail emails.

It turned out that he was caught on camera and it matched up with the exact times the emails were sent.

Last edited:
In a way, committing a crime to be sent prison is a form of suicide, even if it's not permanent. You kill your life even if still alive.

I do think he planned to be killed by cop/sniper or caught and sent to jail. Either way, he'd be famous.

jmo
I think we can all imagine the life he would have had in prison. And he could see it, too. I don't think he expected to get out alive.

BBM

'A shooting range, a gun store, and a ladder purchase: Tracking the Trump rally gunman’s movements leading up to his attack'​

snip:

The AR-style rifle Crooks used to fire on Trump was legally purchased by his father, Matthew Crooks. It was one of more than 20 firearms registered to the elder Crooks, which were kept at the family’s home, according to Pennsylvania State Police records reviewed by investigators, the official said. All of the guns were legally purchased.

The gunman and his father were members of Clairton Sportsmen’s Club, a gun club about a 25-minute drive from his house, and enjoyed going shooting there together, according to law enforcement officials. Rob Bootay, a lawyer for the club, confirmed in a statement that the younger Crooks was a member.'

The shooter was definitely raised in a gun culture, if not in his country and state, for sure in his home. More than 20 guns were registered to his father. I mean is this normal? I grew up on a farm in an isolated area in Canada and our home had one gun (in the basement with ammunition upstairs). It was a single shot .22 rifle my Dad used to shoot coyotes wanting to raid the henhouse.

Disgusting. What a hateful nonhuman being. And to think I once watched JB’s movies and thought he was an ok guy. Not anymore. He’s now on my Black list, no pun intended.
Jack Black did not say it. Kyle Gass did, and Jack Black canceled the tour because of it

Jack Reacher. The gun range film location in the movie was southwest of Pittsburgh at Mcdonalds Gun Range, 8699 Cooks Rd, McDonald, PA 15057. Wonder if he ever went there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back