FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They've put in for a continuance for trial per court records today. Don't think I've ever seen a continuance for not allowing a paralegal at defense table... can't wait to hear all about this. Defense is trying to keep a LOT out. Living with her Therapist.. and therapist part of the march in front of courthouse... wow. This is local for me.. might have to pop into trial when it happens.

update: looks like Judge denied the paralegal issue.... are we moving forward Monday??

As to the paralegal issue, what I heard on Court TV the other day after the hearings is the judge said he could not sit at the defense table but he could sit right behind the defense attorney on the first row. Does not seem like a big difference to me, but IANAL.

They've put in for a continuance for trial per court records today. Don't think I've ever seen a continuance for not allowing a paralegal at defense table... can't wait to hear all about this. Defense is trying to keep a LOT out. Living with her Therapist.. and therapist part of the march in front of courthouse... wow. This is local for me.. might have to pop into trial when it happens.
I am always grateful to get local perspectives, please keep posting!

As to the paralegal issue, what I heard on Court TV the other day after the hearings is the judge said he could not sit at the defense table but he could sit right behind the defense attorney on the first row. Does not seem like a big difference to me, but IANAL.
I agree... They seem to be grasping at straws at this point.

Not sure jury selection will be started timely on July 22, 2024??? idk

Trial still shows on county site, however, on July 19, AB filed for an emergency continuance:

A) grant a continuance of the trial scheduled July 22, 2024 for a period of at least 60 days or for such time as the Court deems appropriate to address the issues outlined herein.

B) grant any other relief this Court deems just and proper to ensure the protection of AB’s constitutional rights.

Case: 2020CF003014AX Filed: 11/04/2020

State Attorney Case: 20CF027412AM

DefendantASHLEY CHRISTINA BENEFIELD

07/19/2024DEFENDANT'S EMERGENCY MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE

Search Court Records - Manatee County Clerk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads