FL FL - William Patient, 16, Juno Beach, 5 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone think Billy drowned, or do some closer to him feel that isn't what happened?
I'm having the same question. It's hard to tell what happened. He or his remains haven't turned up. If still alive Billy would be 25 years now.

Billy was last seen, drifting in the sea. Where actually were they at the beach? The Namus file gives a location, but mostly it's a general location on the map. How far was he in the water? Did he had something with him to drift on, f.i. an air mattress?

It's very possible he drowned by accident IMO. Got caught in a rip current and was pulled to open sea. He was 16 at the time and also having substance abuse issues before so I think his physical condition might have been not that good at the time. Maybe he panicked trying to swim against the current (what would be an impossible mission for everyone, even a very good, strong swimmer) that eventually exhausted him and he sadly went under.

It's also possible he gave up on life. He was depressed, struggling with recovering from an addiction, had to deal with a recent diagnose of ADHD and Bipolar and being send away (with good intentions, to help him). That's a lot! Poor kid. He might have felt nobody cared, felt like a throwaway, was uncomfortable with his surroundings, the other boys, restrictions lade upon him in the program and felt all alone in the world. We will never know what his mental state was at the time and it's nobody's fault IMO, but all of it could have triggered suicide thoughts.

I understand they searched a lot for him. Did they also search near, under, around the pier? I'm asking because in Belgium an exchange student went missing near water and wasn't found for years. Until they dismantled a kind of big pontoon boat with a public swimming pool. His remains had been stuck under more or less under the boat for all that time.

For everyone who loves Billy, I'm so sorry for the devastating "not knowing". Billy if you are out there. It's never to late to come home.

I hope his mom and sisters see this thread one day and know that years later, he was being thought of and prayed for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back