VT VT - Roberta Martin, 82, neigh went to check on her and didn't find her at home, suspicious, Enosburgh, Franklin County, 16 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Police say although there is no evidence right now to suggest the community is at risk, people still should take reasonable precautions, such as locking the doors to their homes and cars and remaining aware of their surroundings."

I know! I want Roberta found!

jmo

Comming home from work at 5:00am found elderly lady walking in road in nightgown and slippers thing was it was 17 degrees out. Took her home covered her with blanket called 911. This was on my street. 911 operator said a lady just called a missing report on her mother on my street. The older lady lived down the street from me and wandered off.

Her daughter was extremely grateful I just happened to see her at 5:00am

Comming home from work at 5:00am found elderly lady walking in road in nightgown and slippers thing was it was 17 degrees out. Took her home covered her with blanket called 911. This was on my street. 911 operator said a lady just called a missing report on her mother on my street. The older lady lived down the street from me and wandered off.

Her daughter was extremely grateful I just happened to see her at 5:00am
Unfortunately, that sort of thing happens all the time, especially with elderly people with cognitive impairment. I imagine that's what most people thought when they first heard about this case. We know that's not the case here, and that the circumstances are being called "suspicious."

Glad that one ended well, good on you!

Awwww
Do you have a link to the VSP?
You can search Vermont state police on Facebook or Twitter. I just checked and there's been no announcement yet. I said earlier that the silence from the family was bothering me, and I think we're about to learn why they went silent.

I guess we’re not getting a PC tonight but this was on the VSP website:
VICTIM: Roberta Martin
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Enosburgh, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:
During the ongoing search for Roberta Martin, the Vermont State Police located human remains at about 11 a.m. Sunday in a wooded area off Sand Hill Road in Enosburg. The area, which is close to Ms. Martin's home, has been secured, and members of the Crime Scene Search Team responded to process the location.

The human remains are believed to be those of Ms. Martin. The remains will be sent to the Chief Medical Examiner's Office in Burlington.

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:
During the ongoing search for Roberta Martin, the Vermont State Police located human remains at about 11 a.m. Sunday in a wooded area off Sand Hill Road in Enosburg. The area, which is close to Ms. Martin's home, has been secured, and members of the Crime Scene Search Team responded to process the location.

The human remains are believed to be those of Ms. Martin. The remains will be sent to the Chief Medical Examiner's Office in Burlington.

We all knew this would be the likely outcome, but I am glad that they found Roberta's remains (presumably) so that her family and friends will at least have that aspect solved.

Rest in peace, Roberta. My heart is with you even though I never knew you in life.

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

So there we have it. Not unexpected but so incredibly sad.

I’m guessing they are “processing” someone now so they are not ready to have a PC tonight.

Now who and why?

MOO

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

There’s a bit more, which clearly shows they’re investigating this as a homicide:

No one is currently in custody. This investigation remains active and ongoing, and the Vermont State Police would like to speak to anyone who has information that could assist detectives. To share tips, people should call the St. Albans Barracks at 802-524-5993 or leave anonymous information online at Submit a Tip | Vermont State Police.

No further details are available at this time. VSP will continue to provide updates to the public throughout this investigation.

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

Very sad to see this. RIP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back