Identified! Canada - Rosedale, Toronto, BlkFem (Afr mix), 4-7, in constr dumpster, PMI sum/fall'21, 2 May 2022 - Neveah Tucker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m wondering if the mother was known to LE.
I would say no because if she were it would’ve been brought up in the children’s aid case. Like they do talk about substance abuse and misuse. They don’t talk about charges. Usually I would say it would come up in those cases. She still could’ve been known to police though just not had a record other than the extensive child neglect issues.

It’s hard to tell what they mean by her “adult lifestyle” mentioned in the document. I wonder if we would be able to search Canlii.org and find any of the other cases or documents involving her? I’ve been trying since I found it yesterday. No luck yet. But if anyone is better at it than me feel free. Canlii.org then click Ontario and Ontario Court of Justice and it lets you search by dates and keywords

Also just to clarify something because a lot of users here are from the US where drug testing and cord blood sampling is handled very differently. They mention Nv had urine toxicology for marijuana at birth. They mention nothing else that I saw about a cord blood test etc. it’s not standard practice in Canada, unless Childrens aid or the medical staff requested it. It would appear to me the mother moved around to different jurisdictions so I see nothing about cord blood at birth. Which might’ve given us more insight into why Nv had the developmental issues she did. Maybe it was just how she was born but we don’t have that info. That’s all im saying.

ETA: I’m certain if there were cord blood tests saying she didn’t have anything else we would have heard that from the mother as a defense or CAS if it were found. We didn’t. I think she went to hospital with no prenatal care because she was using substances and she got lucky being somewhere new that CAS hadn’t flagged her (which seems common in Canada? I know from my digging recently into this and another case they’re not even allowed to ask a mother if she is pregnant if she has cas involvement)

ETAA: what I’m saying is in Ontario and most of Canada I believe if not all there is no drug testing at birth except for cause.

ETAA2: and some substances wouldn’t show up in a newborn urine screen like they would a cord blood test!

Last edited:
Why has no one been arrested in this case? This blows my mind. As does the entire case.
She should be charged with child endangerment causing death. I don't believe for a minute that she 'gave' the child to two unknown people who never left a proper contact. Her main focus is not letting it be known that she has kids in care and that she is responsible for all the issues these kids have including dying mysteriously and ending up in a dumpster. There's a lot of amnesia of people in her sphere. Poor little girl. The other kids dodged a bullet and I hope they never are given back to her. She's abdicated her role of mother/caretaker.

She should be charged with child endangerment causing death. I don't believe for a minute that she 'gave' the child to two unknown people who never left a proper contact. Her main focus is not letting it be known that she has kids in care and that she is responsible for all the issues these kids have including dying mysteriously and ending up in a dumpster. There's a lot of amnesia of people in her sphere. Poor little girl. The other kids dodged a bullet and I hope they never are given back to her. She's abdicated her role of mother/caretaker.
I really respected how the judge put it at one point how the mother had granular details about things that had happened 10 years ago (I’m prefacing) but didn’t recall the last names of “Mary and John” who she gave her child up to and never heard from again until she was found in a dumpster, didn’t have details about a lot of important things but things in long past she could recall with no problem when convienient?

There is something, I don't understand. I won't post a link, but I hope, someone is able to find it by themselves. Search for Neveah Tucker/images, and you will find a lot of pics/means: the sketch of the little girl in the Toronto-dumpster. AND there is a photo of Nevaeh Tucker in TX, who died May 10th, 2022. Obituary:
"Nevaeh attended Northwest Elementary School and Lone Star Dance Studio in Pflugerville, TX until her health started to decline."
The Toronto-sketch and the photo are looking exactly like the same sweet child.
I can't follow - please explain. Otherwise I can't sleep tonight. ;)

There is something, I don't understand. I won't post a link, but I hope, someone is able to find it by themselves. Search for Neveah Tucker/images, and you will find a lot of pics/means: the sketch of the little girl in the Toronto-dumpster. AND there is a photo of Nevaeh Tucker in TX, who died May 10th, 2022. Obituary:
"Nevaeh attended Northwest Elementary School and Lone Star Dance Studio in Pflugerville, TX until her health started to decline."
The Toronto-sketch and the photo are looking exactly like the same sweet child.
I can't follow - please explain. Otherwise I can't sleep tonight. ;)
There’s unfortunately more than one missing child with this name. I believe it’s been determined not the same NT as in TX sorry

I’m sure I will re-read this case many times over but I think the judge essentially allowed her other kids to be adopted out with his order. It made me sad to hear the judge felt the pool of potential adoptive parents would be limited by the fact that the sibling of the children in care had passed under mysterious circumstances. I hope that wouldn’t deter anyone

Maybe a sibling who hasn't been seen in a long time, or a tip about the mom losing contact with the family ... something close to the actual story could lead investigators to this child. Just trying to come up with a plausible scenario.
This is what I was thinking too...that someone called to say "that looks like So-and-so" (a relative, maybe one of Neveah's sisters?) and when the police looked into it they found So-and-so alive and well, but heard a story about a little girl who had disappeared.

That court case with Children's Aid is heartbreaking. Wow.

I would say no because if she were it would’ve been brought up in the children’s aid case. Like they do talk about substance abuse and misuse. They don’t talk about charges. Usually I would say it would come up in those cases. She still could’ve been known to police though just not had a record other than the extensive child neglect issues.

It’s hard to tell what they mean by her “adult lifestyle” mentioned in the document. I wonder if we would be able to search Canlii.org and find any of the other cases or documents involving her? I’ve been trying since I found it yesterday. No luck yet. But if anyone is better at it than me feel free. Canlii.org then click Ontario and Ontario Court of Justice and it lets you search by dates and keywords
Sex worker? ( adult lifestyle)

More confusion here. A Texas company is named in this article:

"In July 2022, the Toronto Police Service teamed with Othram to determine if advanced DNA testing could help to identify the girl. Toronto Police Services previously teamed with Othram to solve the 1983 murders of Susan Tice and Erin Gilmour as well as the abduction and murder of Christine Jessop. Forensic evidence was sent to Othram’s laboratory in The Woodlands, Texas. Othram scientists used Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing® to build a comprehensive DNA profile. The profile was delivered to the Toronto Police Service investigators, who then used forensic genetic genealogy to generate investigative leads. In June 2023, Toronto Police Services identified the unknown girl as four-year-old Neveah Tucker.''

More confusion here. A Texas company is named in this article:

"It's definitely in our minds that this could still potentially become a homicide case," he said.

Idsinga said he wouldn't release the identity of the tipster, adding the tip, which wasn't specific, actually identified somebody else as being the potential victim. But he said it set police on the right path to finding the girl's actual identity.

"The windfall from that tip ended up taking us in the right direction," he said. "It was a lot of work and we are very grateful to the person who did call in and provide us with that information. It gave us that little jigsaw puzzle piece and we were able to build from there."

The girl was never reported missing, but investigators sifted through cases of missing children in an attempt to identify her.
Cho said the full story surrounding her death has not come out, but he believes it will in time.

Per the document linked the initials are ST
Nevaeh Simone Tucker was born June 30, 2017 in Austin, TX to Dominique Haynes and Sean Tucker. The world was Graced with her presence for 4 years.

Obituary of the little Texas girl. Initials ST, I notice. But from whom? Sean must be the father?

Rather odd coincidences and too many, IMO.

Nevaeh Simone Tucker was born June 30, 2017 in Austin, TX to Dominique Haynes and Sean Tucker. The world was Graced with her presence for 4 years.

Obituary of the little Texas girl. Initials ST, I notice. But from whom? Sean must be the father?

Rather odd coincidences and too many, IMO.
According to this article, "our" Neveah was born May 18, 2017: https://www.tps.ca/media-centre/stories/her-name-is-neveah . This Neveah's death also happened AFTER our Neveah was discovered, making it more or less impossible that they're the same person. Her funeral/memorial service took place in May 2022, so long before our girl was identified. The truth of the matter is that Neveah is currently a popular name for little girls and Tucker is a common last name, and two girls with that name dying/being discovered in different countries under different circumstances is easily explainable.
The Texas-based company that helped with her identification, Othram, is one of the better known genetic geneaology companies that works on UID cases. They take cases from all over the US and have apparently worked on Canadian cases (and maybe other international cases) before too. The fact Othram was working on her case doesn't mean she has/was believed to have ties from Texas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back