NY NY - Ebony Turer, 12, New York, Feb 24, 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This might sound stupid but is this a typo in the NamUs page and her name is Ebony Turner? Turer is an extremely uncommon last name.

Idk how valid this source is but it says in 2010, there were only 101 people in the US with the last name 'Turer' Might be worth messaging the NamUs contact and asking if it's Turner or Turer

Turer - meaning , origin - Turkey, popularity | What does Turer last name mean

This might sound stupid but is this a typo in the NamUs page and her name is Ebony Turner? Turer is an extremely uncommon last name.

Idk how valid this source is but it says in 2010, there were only 101 people in the US with the last name 'Turer' Might be worth messaging the NamUs contact and asking if it's Turner or Turer

There are several on social media, I've made attempts to reach out to them. The spelling could be wrong, NamUs probably entered them in off of handwritten files.

There are several on social media, I've made attempts to reach out to them. The spelling could be wrong, NamUs probably entered them in off of handwritten files.
If only there was a middle name to differentiate them. I find this listings so strange. I guess they just uploaded all their old runaway files in bulk without a lot of care.

I thought the same thing about Tanya Blaerove, looks like you did too. These cases are super depressing why are we the only ones looking into this?

I thought the same thing about Tanya Blaerove, looks like you did too. These cases are super depressing why are we the only ones looking into this?
It's sad that there are no pictures or anyone trying to find them. I created a FB group for them and a website dedicated to the 10 of them. I have Foils for the missing persons reports and a few other records, I have a few leads on addresses and I have spoken with Det. Acosta of NYPD MP Squad (although he is arrogant and deflective). I tweet about them often and tag NYPD and the former head of MP Squad at during the 90's.

It's sad that there are no pictures or anyone trying to find them. I created a FB group for them and a website dedicated to the 10 of them. I have Foils for the missing persons reports and a few other records, I have a few leads on addresses and I have spoken with Det. Acosta of NYPD MP Squad (although he is arrogant and deflective). I tweet about them often and tag NYPD and the former head of MP Squad at during the 90's.
I saw the website, thank you. It was on my mind for a while before I mentioned it here on websleuths and it took a while but these girls are FINALLY getting traction. This has been my little passion project for a while now.

What did Det. Acosta say? Sadly I dont live in the US, I reside in Canada. I have tried talking my cousin into getting FOIA's for these girls, it is good to know someone else is ON IT! (I am assuming FOIL is similar to FOIA's, is that correct?)

Yes they are both the same thing. Acosta just deflected everything I asked him. He tried to give me the runaround by saying NamUs is responsible for deciding on testing comparisons, until I challenged him then he “mansplained” everything to me. He’s well trained in deflecting. We have a local news reporter and several families of other missing girls and are working on several angles to counter NYPD deflections. The department need to serious changes to how they handle missing persons cases.
I’ve submitting most of the 10 for comparisons to several unidentified bodies in the general areas, waiting to see if those cases are modified in any way.

Yes they are both the same thing. Acosta just deflected everything I asked him. He tried to give me the runaround by saying NamUs is responsible for deciding on testing comparisons, until I challenged him then he “mansplained” everything to me. He’s well trained in deflecting. We have a local news reporter and several families of other missing girls and are working on several angles to counter NYPD deflections. The department need to serious changes to how they handle missing persons cases.
I’ve submitting most of the 10 for comparisons to several unidentified bodies in the general areas, waiting to see if those cases are modified in any way.
Have you tried reaching out to NYCVICAP? They got back to me and agreed to test a comparison I sent them.

I saw the website, thank you. It was on my mind for a while before I mentioned it here on websleuths and it took a while but these girls are FINALLY getting traction. This has been my little passion project for a while now.

What did Det. Acosta say? Sadly I dont live in the US, I reside in Canada. I have tried talking my cousin into getting FOIA's for these girls, it is good to know someone else is ON IT! (I am assuming FOIL is similar to FOIA's, is that correct?)
By any chance did he mention if they're actually still missing? I've seen a lot of times where a person who was found/identified is still listed on missing/UID sites. I found a young John Doe in LA and he was actually identified a year after he was found but was still listed on NamUs for a while.

Would the local reporter be interested in reporting this? If this got local traction, maybe folks would remember something. These young girls had friends and families who love and miss them. They might go public with info, hell even some pictures at this point would help so much.

By any chance did he mention if they're actually still missing? I've seen a lot of times where a person who was found/identified is still listed on missing/UID sites. I found a young John Doe in LA and he was actually identified a year after he was found but was still listed on NamUs for a while.
not sure. I thought at one point I found Tanya Blaerove in PA but I cant find her when I look now...

Last edited:
Just for context, 1991 was an unusually violent year in New York City.

That summer, according to the New York Times, "one of New York City's grimmest records came close to being broken yesterday, as the police recorded 17 killings in 24 hours beginning Friday afternoon (i.e. July 18)."

That same day, actually, 4-year-old "Baby Hope" (i.e. Anjelica Castillo) was killed and stuffed into a cooler later that weekend.

The Crown Heights riot happened later that month. And the Washington Heights riots followed next year in July 1992.

If in fact all the missing children quoted above are connected, I can see someone taking advantage of the escalating violence in the city in order to abduct and harm children.

Just for context, 1991 was an unusually violent year in New York City.

That summer, according to the New York Times, "one of New York City's grimmest records came close to being broken yesterday, as the police recorded 17 killings in 24 hours beginning Friday afternoon (i.e. July 18)."

That same day, actually, 4-year-old "Baby Hope" (i.e. Anjelica Castillo) was killed and stuffed into a cooler later that weekend.

The Crown Heights riot happened later that month. And the Washington Heights riots followed next year in July 1992.

If in fact all the missing children quoted above are connected, I can see someone taking advantage of the escalating violence in the city in order to abduct and harm children.
Thank you for the context!

All the NY female teen MP’s that were entered on June 25th and October 19th, 2020 have been modified.

These cases were modified close to 6 months apart on either October 2023 or April 2024. As I stated in a previous thread, any one of them could be Cherries or Peaches.

These teen girls are all missing from New York last seen between November 1990 - July 1993.
Harriette Hoyt (15), Jessica Soto (14), Ebony Turer(12), Elease Farmer (15), Leona Rodriquez (16), Tanya Blaerove (15),Sharmeen Smalls (14), Inez Silvero (17) Glendaliz Valentine (17)

I am guessing the Gilgo Case has made Law Enforcement take a closer look at these missing cases, and modify their cases.

Although the modifications haven’t been made public, I am glad that they are continuing their investigations into these missing persons cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back