Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Despite the tone of the article, this can hardly be a surprise. Who leaves money to their child's ex?

Even if they had remained married, most parents would leave the money directly to their own child and not to their son/daughter-in-law.

Some do leave money to their ex, especially if the breakup was amicable and they trust that the ex would want to do their best for the children.

Even if the breakup was not amicable, it's not out of the question that the parents trust each other enough to provide for the children and some might even want to provide for their ex as well if they are in a position to do so.

Some do leave money to their ex, especially if the breakup was amicable and they trust that the ex would want to do their best for the children.

Even if the breakup was not amicable, it's not out of the question that the parents trust each other enough to provide for the children and some might even want to provide for their ex as well if they are in a position to do so.
If they want to provide for their grandchildren they can just set up a trust that will go to them at 18 or 21 or whenever.

I've never seen a father-in-law leave money to the EX of their son. Can't say it's never happened but I don't think it is the norm.

I have heard of people leaving all to the divorced spouse of their son or daughter, expecially if there are children involved. Depending on other reasons.

I think we can't generalise. Different situations could lead to different outcomes.
There is no normal or abnormal way to decide where you want your assets to go to.
It kind of sounds that EP may have had enough money of her own and maybe that came into it.

The fact she wasn't in the will didn't surprise me but then I wouldn't have been surprised if she was in the will either.

As if this is strange!! Why would she be included in the Will?

“Alleged mushroom killer EP left out of father-in-law’s will

The woman accused of cooking a beef wellington laced with poisonous mushrooms was not in her father-in-law’s will.”

Yes, it’s weird that msm thinks it’s some surprising, breaking news. Is it maybe a thing in Australia for people to leave money to divorced ex- relatives or is it just clickbait?

The link below is behind a paywall but paraphrasing, it made a big deal out of EP not receiving an inheritance. It also noted that the money was divided equally between three sons and a daughter with nothing going to EP’s kids with SP.

I just don’t get it. There’s nothing odd about only naming children, especially when grandparents are secure in knowing the grandkids’ parents will provide appropriately for them.

The only exception would be if there were tax advantages in naming additional people in a will and that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

As if this is strange!! Why would she be included in the Will?

“Alleged mushroom killer EP left out of father-in-law’s will

The woman accused of cooking a beef wellington laced with poisonous mushrooms was not in her father-in-law’s will.”

Maybe the implication is that there was speculation that her wanting to "hurry up" any anticipated inheritance from her father-in-law might have offered a motive for killing him. Maybe? MOO

I didn't mean that she manipulated the will to take herself out of it.

But that until the will came to light, maybe members of the public and or media might have been wondering what the motive might have been since it's been said that because she was good with money and her investments, that made it more likely that she wanted more money.

Public,media may have been waiting to see if she was in the will so they good have a good tar and feather session.

If she had taken out life insurance on anyone involved, would that be something that would be kept quiet until the trial ?

You can't just take out life insurance on some random person. First, you need to have the consent of the person who's being insured. And second, you need to show that their death will cause an economic loss to you. Common examples would be your spouse or business partner.

I doubt EP would have been able to satisfy either criteria.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back