Found Deceased TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the police chief, the manhole was drained 4/18/24 right after it was initially reported to be uncovered. They first used the camera to look for any signs of Caleb at that time and then used it again after the discovery at the lift station.
I’m thinking that they checked there and didn’t see Caleb or anything that lead to them needing to check further along all the way to the lift station. He was probably between the two for awhile before making it to the end when his body became smaller through the decomp process. I of course feel for Caleb and his loved ones, but also for whover found him. I can only imagine how gruesome it was.

Does anyone remember reading where LE had cleared both roommates? I swear I read that somewhere but now going back I can’t find it.
I don’t have an exact link at the moment, but it’s been repeatedly stated by law enforcement for months that the roommates were cleared (along with the UberEats driver, family, and friends).

Last edited:
So in fact the final autopsy report is known to police and family, but wasn’t given to media for the public. And cause of death is likely to remain undetermined…

This celebration of life service will allow family and friends to honor Caleb's life. Its also a time for them to say their final goodbyes.

This service comes less than a week after a forensic team identified Caleb’s remains. His body was found last month in a waste water well close to where he lived in Corpus Christi, concluding a search for the college student who disappeared back in March.

Since then, a final autopsy report has been issued by the Nueces County Medical Examiner.

And we are working to obtain that report, which should shed some light on a possible cause and manner of death.

But police suspect that’s likely going to remain undetermined because the body was so decomposed.

Detectives have also not said how Caleb ended up in the well. For now, the case remains active.

Last edited:
Detectives have also not said how Caleb ended up in the well. For now, the case remains active.
And I think it should remain active. Ever since the remains were discovered in the lift station, when it seemed all but certain that they would be identified as Caleb's, I had been trying to understand how he could have ended up in that tank, and I could envision a couple of scenarios.

For me, and JMO, after the positive ID and discussion by LE of the open manhole in the crop field, the mystery has only intensified. What happened to Caleb?

Complete accident? Backing up to take a photo in a scrubby field around 3:00 a.m. or some such thing, and, whoosh, the ground beneath just isn't there.

Misadventure? Voluntarily deciding to go urban spelunking around 3:00 a.m., or some such thing, in an open manhole and, whoosh, some kind of fatal miscalculation occurs.

Foul play? Engaging in a meet-up around 3:00 a.m., or some such thing, and, whoosh, consent turns to attack and a body needs to be dumped.

Not one of these scenarios is more likely than the others, IMO. What they all have in common are the freakishly high odds that any one of them could and did occur.

Are there any other possible scenarios I've overlooked?

And I think it should remain active. Ever since the remains were discovered in the lift station, when it seemed all but certain that they would be identified as Caleb's, I had been trying to understand how he could have ended up in that tank, and I could envision a couple of scenarios.

For me, and JMO, after the positive ID and discussion by LE of the open manhole in the crop field, the mystery has only intensified. What happened to Caleb?

Complete accident? Backing up to take a photo in a scrubby field around 3:00 a.m. or some such thing, and, whoosh, the ground beneath just isn't there.

Misadventure? Voluntarily deciding to go urban spelunking around 3:00 a.m., or some such thing, in an open manhole and, whoosh, some kind of fatal miscalculation occurs.

Foul play? Engaging in a meet-up around 3:00 a.m., or some such thing, and, whoosh, consent turns to attack and a body needs to be dumped.

Not one of these scenarios is more likely than the others, IMO. What they all have in common are the freakishly high odds that any one of them could and did occur.

Are there any other possible scenarios I've overlooked?
I don’t think you’ve overlooked any. I assume LE is still investigating these various aspects. I’m surprised that family and police have received the final autopsy report from the ME office but that it doesn’t seem to be public information.

Also that they state that cause of death will likely remain undetermined.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back