NY NY - Muttontown, Muttontown Preserve, UNKFem 25-50, UP73423, top Lft tooth missing, Nov'01

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not seeing where the information regarding a missing front tooth was taken from - it's not in the Namus listing? Thanks!

The linked article estimates the PMI as 5 but "less than 30" years, but ME might've re-examined the remains and concluded that the newer PMI is more correct. As for why she's been entered in NamUs lately, there's three thing that comes to mind:
1) Isn't New York state required by law to enter all of their mp and UID cases to NamUs? I can only imagine the size of their backlog!​
2) New York state has recently granted Parabon Nanolabs permission to provide their forensic genealogy services in the state. Maybe Jane Doe is one of their cases?​
3) LE is following up an a lead.​

The article also states that the skull is in a fragile state, so that a clay reconstruction can't be produced. I don't see a date for when the article was written, but mentions "last November" so I guess sometime in 2002, but in 2020 surely her skull can be scanned and rendered in 3D?

Additional info:
- Jane Doe's top left tooth was missing, and she had a type of denture that's only been around since the 70s.​
- She was most likely buried nude underneath leaves and not in a shallow grave.​
- According to the article, "she was not Asian or Native American", "at least 35 years old", and "between 5'1 and 5'3 tall".​
I'm not seeing where the information regarding a missing front tooth was taken from - it's not in the Namus listing? Thanks!
Check the pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back