Found Deceased Canada - Jake Kermond, 19, Whistler, BC, 26 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
has it been confirmed that the body is Jake's?

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

has it been confirmed that the body is Jake's?

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

Jake's body was found and identified in July 2015. You'll see links to those stories earlier in this thread. I'm assuming that Tarabull is just saying that this recent story reminded her of Jake's case. There have been no updates on his case. I wonder if they're still investigating to figure out how his body ended up in that gravel pit. Have they ever found his skis? I still think he was trying to sell his skis for money to continue traveling/get home, and whoever he met with is the key to what happened.

A year later, this still gives me the chills. Not that it's a unique case by any means, but he was found 40km away from where he was last seen. It's all very suspicious and harrowing to think of what really happened. As another poster mentioned, yes, the Adara hotel is quite nice and during the ski season would definitely run you closer to $200/night.

The last I heard, police were trying to determine whether he was pushed into the gravel pit (off the cliff) or if he fell in. Considering the other factors - missing skis and other belongings - I'm not inclined to believe that he just fell in. I couldn't find any updates on the investigation.

Frankly, Whistler tends to give me the creeps as now I can only associate it with stories like Jake's. I don't necesserily feel unsafe, but whenever I'm there now, it's just unsettling to think of the tragedies I've read about. Can't say why, as tragedies and deaths happen everywhere all the time, but it just does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back