Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Of course! Happy to share my new found knowledge.

You tap on the menu (the 3 lines in top left corner just in front of the Websleuths heading. That will open up this screen…..

View attachment 522015

and you then tap on “Post Thread”. Then you need to find which section to put your post, I chose Crimes in the News section. :)
Thank you Marg944.

does anyone remember the old show Rescue 911, with william shatner as host? They had an episode where a young boy (4 or 5) fell in front of a riding lawnmower driven by his grandma, and it ran over his leg, severely cutting him up; i believe he nearly lost the leg.
Will be eager to hear if the circumstances/story is that she passed from the rollover itself (i doubt, shes only 49, the mower doesnt look that heavy, and i dont think they can go that quick), she died from lacerations (also strange, its hard to imagine falling off the mower in a way that would put you in the front?), or some kind of a freak accident third option (like i.e. bucked off the mower but head hit a pole).

does anyone remember the old show Rescue 911, with william shatner as host? They had an episode where a young boy (4 or 5) fell in front of a riding lawnmower driven by his grandma, and it ran over his leg, severely cutting him up; i believe he nearly lost the leg.
Will be eager to hear if the circumstances/story is that she passed from the rollover itself (i doubt, shes only 49, the mower doesnt look that heavy, and i dont think they can go that quick), she died from lacerations (also strange, its hard to imagine falling off the mower in a way that would put you in the front?), or some kind of a freak accident third option (like i.e. bucked off the mower but head hit a pole).
The article did say they thought it rolled over but then rolled down an embankment, so assuming she fell off when it rolled over and maybe she went down the embankment with it, and/or she got caught under it as she fell and was possibly dragged... many ways injuries or even fatal accident could happen, imo. Many stories about awful fatalities occurring in mowing accidents.

But not many happen at 3 am, so that is odd. Does this mower have headlights?? Even if it did, I wouldn't like to be their neighbor, trying to sleep while they mow at that hour of the night. Maybe closest neighbors are far away?

Having worked in ER, an embankment suggests to me perhaps it trapped her underwater (although it is not mentioned). But also these mowers are meant for level terrain. They are a terrible risk on slopes.
Another thought: Intoxicated persons will sometimes travel on mowers if they aren't allowed to drive or don't have vehicle access. This would explain her being out at 3am on a mower - maybe she wasn't mowing at all?
MOO and all

The article did say they thought it rolled over but then rolled down an embankment, so assuming she fell off when it rolled over and maybe she went down the embankment with it, and/or she got caught under it as she fell and was possibly dragged... many ways injuries or even fatal accident could happen, imo. Many stories about awful fatalities occurring in mowing accidents.

But not many happen at 3 am, so that is odd. Does this mower have headlights?? Even if it did, I wouldn't like to be their neighbor, trying to sleep while they mow at that hour of the night. Maybe closest neighbors are far away?

I believe we here at WS have questioned WHEN she was riding the mower, and WHEN it was reported. She may have been mowing much earlier, but not found.
But I still ask my earlier question. Where were the children, and what did they see, and what have they said.

I believe we here at WS have questioned WHEN she was riding the mower, and WHEN it was reported. She may have been mowing much earlier, but not found.
But I still ask my earlier question. Where were the children, and what did they see, and what have they said.
I have read that the husband was the only person there, but I am having trouble finding that article.
I will keep looking.

Very, very weird.

One article upthread says authorities are suspicious and have not been able to determine how she died.

Perhaps the whole thing was a set-up MOO but a bizarre one. Who mows the lawn in the middle of the night? And if he found her hours afterward, where were her kids all of that time?

No article details what "critical injuries" she had but MOO they are not consistent with a lawn mower accident.

Very, very weird.

One article upthread says authorities are suspicious and have not been able to determine how she died.

Perhaps the whole thing was a set-up MOO but a bizarre one. Who mows the lawn in the middle of the night? And if he found her hours afterward, where were her kids all of that time?

No article details what "critical injuries" she had but MOO they are not consistent with a lawn mower accident.
At her age, her kids may be adults not living at home.

I think this might be the property (circled in red), judging by what Google maps is showing. It is down a very long dirt driveway.

The lawn doesn't appear to be on any embankments. It is very scrubby land around there, not a heck of a lot of lawn to be mowing at 3am.

b.jpg a.jpg

Link

I got the address from this 7News video. 7News Toowoomba

I think this might be the property (circled in red), judging by what Google maps is showing. It is down a very long dirt driveway.

The lawn doesn't appear to be on any embankments. It is very scrubby land around there, not a heck of a lot of lawn to be mowing at 3am.

View attachment 522184 View attachment 522185

Link

I got the address from this 7News video. 7News Toowoomba
Do you think they used the ride on mower regularly to access the front of the property?? like quicker than walking?? since the driveway to the property from the road is quite long?? Just wondering if she could have been on the mower for another reason not anything related to mowing. JMO

I wondered if Frances maybe used the ride on mower to bring the garbage bins out to the road for collection. However, they don’t have a garbage collection service in their area…. I even installed the Council’s app to confirm the fact. The residents are to bring their bins to the local tip, it just means they have reduced Council rates as they don’t have waste disposal service.

IMO

I haven’t seen that about the 1am call, I have only seen reports that he rang emergency services around 3am.

“Police have said Ms Crawford went to work on the Monday before her death and was last seen alive on Monday afternoon.

The triple-0 call was made after 3am on Tuesday.”

My apologies, I was sure I heard ‘1.00am’ in the very early stages, but all I can now find is that she was said to be deceased around 3.40 am … however reports are conflicting, as to whether she was already passed when police & paramedics arrived:
Bombshell revelations over woman’s death in purported mower incident
Or if she was alive on their arrival but then passed away.

Either way, it’s very strange.

The statement here gives me some unease: Cops reveal bombshell new details over mum killed in lawnmower tragedy
Daily Mail Australia understands Crawford returned to Australia from an overseas deployment in late July and had been staying at the property for around a week before his wife's death’.

What’s with ‘July’ ?. Police apparently attended the property in July 2023 ..

AJMO ..

I have been wondering if the police will be able to hang onto this case, or if the ADF will want to take over. And/or have their own investigation.

Australian Defence Force Investigative Service
  • Inquire into matters involving Defence members and Defence civilians and collect relevant material to a standard acceptable for use, if required, by competent ADF and civilian authorities

I have been wondering if the police will be able to hang onto this case, or if the ADF will want to take over. And/or have their own investigation.

Australian Defence Force Investigative Service
  • Inquire into matters involving Defence members and Defence civilians and collect relevant material to a standard acceptable for use, if required, by competent ADF and civilian authorities
Ahh yes! That is a great thought! It probably will be the case that the ADF will take it over.

Last edited:
I found the article that says Frances’ husband was the only person at the property…. so the children were elsewhere.

“Detective Superintendent George Marchesini said Sqn Ldr Crawford, who was the only other person at the property at the time, has been questioned by officers.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back