PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry it’s behind a paywall for me. As with all other incidents that make the news, I’ll wait for more information from sources before passing judgment.

If they need more help, they should bring in more agents.
I'm afraid you will be waiting forever, because information is not forthcoming from the SS and the FBI. They are only hoping that people forget about it, and they don't have to answer any more questions. I hope this is not the case, I would like to see more investigation of who TC was talking with, and whatever else his phone can provide. He didn't do this on a whim, and I can't see him wanting to die for his half hearted convictions. MOO

Sorry it’s behind a paywall for me. As with all other incidents that make the news, I’ll wait for more information from sources before passing judgment.

If they need more help, they should bring in more agents.

Try this one Betty. The SS has issued an apology so I’m not sure if more information will come out.

This took place at a Harris event, that’s the connection to the Butler event. In both cases SS issued an apology, but what is happening there?

It’s not ok for any agency to break in. It’s not anything that I ever imagined hearing from SS.

And what was their reason for taping over the cameras there anyway? Was that so there would be no camera footage of their activities while trespassing on this salon property? What other reason could there be? I'm curious to know what reason they would give if they were asked (and I hope they were!)

And what was their reason for taping over the cameras there anyway? Was that so there would be no camera footage of their activities while trespassing on this salon property? What other reason could there be? I'm curious to know what reason they would give if they were asked (and I hope they were!)

It doesn’t seem like they have been asked why but they should be. It will be pushed aside unless the proprietor wants to pursue it. I would feel violated if it were my business.

It’s crazy that we are even having this discussion. A criminal doing what criminals do isn’t unheard of, but the SS doing this is shocking.

It’s awful! Fire them! It’s a real crime. Anyone else would have been taken to jail.

They forgot to remove the tape from her camera and left the doors unlocked when they left.

They were in and out using her restroom for close to two hours.

Where were they supposed to be for another candidates event?! Did they abandon their post? Were they overflow? It’s appalling.
It is certainly concerning. The SS has apologized, but that really isn't enough. Entering her business was a crime. Apologizing after the fact doesn't fix that.

It would be interesting to see what transpired if the owner filed a report for burglary or breaking and entering.
It would be, but I suspect we've already heard the end of it.
If it were my business, I'd 100% file a report. The fact that the one agent was attempting to conceal the crime by covering the cam, makes it perfectly clear they knew exactly what they were doing was wrong. Then, did it anyway.

At the very least, she needs to be treated the same way anyone would be, if they did what she did.
Fired & charged.

jmo

It would be, but I suspect we've already heard the end of it.
If it were my business, I'd 100% file a report. The fact that the one agent was attempting to conceal the crime by covering the cam, makes it perfectly clear they knew exactly what they were doing was wrong. Then, did it anyway.

At the very least, she needs to be treated the same way anyone would be, if they did what she did.
Fired & charged.

jmo
If I were the owner I would press the charges. This is an agency that has gotten comfortable with breaking the law. That can't be allowed. I suspect the DOJ would step in with some sort of preemption claim and then dismiss charges, but I'd force them to do that.

The taping of the camera is separate. they had legitimate reasons for that, thought they should have removed the tape when they left.

It is certainly concerning. The SS has apologized, but that really isn't enough. Entering her business was a crime. Apologizing after the fact doesn't fix that.
It would be interesting to see what transpired if the owner filed a report for burglary or breaking and entering.

You are correct, an apology isn’t enough. I would be livid and I would have the space checked out.
They should compensate her for a new lockset and any other damages.

Her space is only as safe as the SS weakest link. As in, who knows if anyone left a camera or tampered with any wires. Simply because they thought they could get away with this, it is a reasonable assumption. We are talking about a mindset (it’s ok between the brotherhood).

It was reported on the news that they helped themselves to snacks and beverages that belonged to her and her staff. I haven’t read every article but so far I haven’t read that.

Seems SS is beyond accountability.
Moo
I'd like to see charges brough against the agents that entered the property. They can then explain why they thought it was ok. I'd like to see federal agents start having to explain why they think they are allowed to break the law. I'm sure we would get a lot of "we thought that had been approved." And then the supervisor would claim, "well it was a miscommunication."

I'm pretty sure I'm in the correct thread LOL, if anybody wants to discuss TC's drone and/or his backpack. (Or really anything re the thread title???)

Like TC's casing of the fence line, the theory isn't so much that he needed more research for AR-15 sight lines. No, he was researching the possibility of LEO intervention.

Look at the roof and imagine where LEO might be. Suppose LEO plans to be on the roof but not until Trump takes the stage, well, 80/20 they'd set some things there first, for example.

And TC needed to plan ahead for the backpack. If LEO speaks to him, he sure can't have the backpack with him -- they'd ask to look what's inside.

Don't mind me, but LEO knew he was walking around without a backpack. Over and over and over again. That means as soon as LEO saw him with a backpack, LEO shoulda concluded that the backpack wasn't so much for carrying essentials as it was for concealment.

I know 500 yards, probably isn't enough, but it's better than what happened in Butler.

There was also another bill filed in July to increase SS protection for candidates.
I'm not sure what the status is:

Last edited:
I'd like to see charges brough against the agents that entered the property. They can then explain why they thought it was ok. I'd like to see federal agents start having to explain why they think they are allowed to break the law. I'm sure we would get a lot of "we thought that had been approved." And then the supervisor would claim, "well it was a miscommunication."
How would a person go about identifying the individuals to charge?

Don't think the SS will release the names. Heck, the Congressional committee can't get names.

They sure do live up to the name "Secret Service". They keep everything a secret, no one's accountable. High levels of government are protecting these folks. WHY? What was all that talk about transparency we heard?

All it takes is a few words .... release the information...from the right person.

Moo

How would a person go about identifying the individuals to charge?

Don't think the SS will release the names. Heck, the Congressional committee can't get names.

They sure do live up to the name "Secret Service". They keep everything a secret, no one's accountable. High levels of government are protecting these folks. WHY? What was all that talk about transparency we heard?

All it takes is a few words .... release the information...from the right person.

Moo
The video cameras INSIDE the business were still recording and that is what the owner based her comments on about them using her bathroom, etc. Presumably some faces are visible. If the SS doesn't want to identify them, then the supervisor can be charged with obstructing justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back