Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have heard of a case where a man whose drivers license was cancelled, trying to drive a mower to the local pub.

I think actually I've heard more than once that someone has used a sit on mower to do other things apart from mowing.

Here's one

There are heaps of a similar thing.

And one where a drunk man was mowing at 1am

It is all going to be a guessing game ... because we don't know what the back story is. I wonder if we will ever know.

Will there ever be allowed to be a follow up article, or will it just quietly go away?

If I was the family, though, I would want others to know it was an innocent accident - if that is the case. Especially due to the first published words of the police, that it seemed suspicious and they were not looking for anyone else.

We have never been told the position of the body in relation to the lawnmower. If she was found under the lawnmower, that would not be suspicious.
If she was lying next to the lawnmower and it was flat and stable, that would be a different story.
I would hope that Frances was not under the lawn mower when the first responders arrived….. surely the husband would have moved the mower off her and attempted first aid on his wife the very second he found her, despite ruining the scene!!! ????Surely?????

Last edited:
We have them here in the states, too, and most of the time they're not considered suspicious either.

As you've said, it could be that her injuries didn't match what the investigators thought they should look like in a mower roll. Or maybe the position of the throttle wasn't open, which might suggest the mower wasn't running when it tipped.

Maybe the ROPS didn't engage, which could indicate someone tampered with that safety feature. Maybe there were tire tracks that did not coincide with the scene, suggesting it was staged. It's winter; maybe the battery was discharged, suggesting the mower wasn't operable.

There are several things I can think of that would indicate it wasn't an ordinary accident, but I'm leaning toward it being so challenging to successfully stage that type of death that a killer would be unlikely to choose that.

And, given winter and the dead of night, it seems like a very unlikely choice for staging a death. But, that's just me.

I wish we'd get some updates.
A friend of mine was near-miss gor a lawn mower accident. He was trying to drive the (“garden mower”) mower up a short ramp onto a trailer (I don’t remember if he was taking it for repair, lending it to someone, etc) and it slipped just slightly off the ramp and flipped over on top of him, pinning him to the ground on his chest so he couldn’t even talk or yell for help. Fortunately his neighbor was in his own garage (which faced Jeff’s garage) and saw it happen and was able to run over and lift it enough so Jeff could slide out from underneath. If not for this angel of a neighbor, Jeff would have died.

I have heard of a case where a man whose drivers license was cancelled, trying to drive a mower to the local pub.

I think actually I've heard more than once that someone has used a sit on mower to do other things apart from mowing.

Here's one

ABSOLUTELY! My kids have grown up around farming, horses, etc and you would not believe some of the stuff these kids and young people do with tractors, mowers, etc. Between this and regular sports, I thank God for decent health insurance AND being fairly to a major orthopedic center. And their friends are all the same.

Here's one

folks driving to the pub or bar on a riding mower is actually common.

It is all going to be a guessing game ... because we don't know what the back story is. I wonder if we will ever know.

Will there ever be allowed to be a follow up article, or will it just quietly go away?

If I was the family, though, I would want others to know it was an innocent accident - if that is the case. Especially due to the first published words of the police, that it seemed suspicious and they were not looking for anyone else.
I think they're waiting for the autopsy. We will probably get an update after that. Either he's involved or not. The investigation can't take too long.

I would hope that Frances was not under the lawn mower when the first responders arrived….. surely the husband would have moved the mower off her and attempted first aid on his wife the very second he found her, despite ruining the scene!!! ????Surely?????
A ride on mower can weigh up to 250 kg, this isn't like you mow your home garden with.

There is such a thing as ‘crush syndrome’ - and if someone is trapped under a heavy object it can be life threatening to lift that off them without medical assistance.
And I would think that her husband would be well versed in advanced First Aid given his position . ..

Normally when making a 000 call for an injured person, the operator, or even a qualified medical person, stays on the phone to guide the caller in how to ‘act’ while waiting for paramedics to arrive.
We don’t know if this occurred - but if not, I’d suggest that indicated that she was already deceased when the call was made.

Here's one

I admire the spirit. Still, the times when a guy would mount his horse and ride to a local pub and then at night, his horse would carry her master (lying across the saddle) home, were much safer.

“Frances Crawford, 49, was found dead at her Upper Lockyer home in southeast Queensland during the early hours of Tuesday, July 30.”
It has now been 15 days since Frances’ tragic death, and we are still anxiously waiting for any news update. It is taking terribly long!

“Frances Crawford, 49, was found dead at her Upper Lockyer home in southeast Queensland during the early hours of Tuesday, July 30.”
It has now been 15 days since Frances’ tragic death, and we are still anxiously waiting for any news update. It is taking terribly long!

Awaiting forensic results I saw in an earlier article.

Awaiting forensic results I saw in an earlier article.
Yes, I read that they were waiting on forensic results in an article dated 2nd August…. 12 days ago. An awful long time!

A long time to have a suspicious death happen and to have the person who may be responsible at large!

You would think he would at least try...

This story, which I've missed prior to this, seems to answer a little bit more, such as she was dead when help arrived, but they're still trying to figure out (or were at the time the story was written) her time of death.

"Whether the mower was involved in her death is also under investigation.

The detective said the 49-year-old was dead when emergency services arrived about 3.40 am on Tuesday.

Her husband alerted emergency services to her body, Marchesini said.

“The male person at house has discovered the woman around that time,” he said.

“That’s how police were called. There was a call made to emergency services to render assistance, and QAS and police attended that scene.

“As I said before, sadly she’d already passed.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back