GA - Josiah Noel Seright, 3 1/2 months old, dies after being left in wet blanket next to air conditioner - Aug 7, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
The question is, did they do that to try to cool down the baby if he had a fever? If so, to set the unit to 61 °F was far too low, and to place him in a car seat was stupidity.
There was no mention of the baby being ill and/or feverish, or if it was 90* out and they were just trying to cool him off. Either way leaving him in the car seat was the first mistake.

I looked at probably 10 articles, they were all except 1 a reprint of the first. September Seright, the 19 yr old mother of Josiah Seright, took a shower, the baby was in the car seat in the bathroom with her. The car seat was wet and the baby was wrapped in a wet blanket when he was placed in front of or near the AC that was set at 61*, for an unknown amount of time.

Mom was on a couch, 2 other adults, Benny Nash, 39, & 42 yr old, Lamisha Seright, were on the bed, at the Budget Inn, in Augusta, GA. SO responded at 202am, the baby was unresponsive. Josiah was pronounced dead at a local hospital at 230am. The 3 were charged with felony murder and 2nd degree Child Cruelty. They were arrested & booked 8/6 into the Richmond County Jail, where they remain.

Stark difference to the treatment the parents received in AZ last month.

Last edited:
What a shocking contrast to the death of 2 year old Parker whose father left her in her car seat, in the car when it was 109* out so he could play video games. 3 people have been arrested in GA for leaving baby Josiah in his car seat, wrapped in a wet blanket in front of the AC.

In his car seat inside the room.

It's a common warning not to leave children inside hot cars.

However, I can see someone young having a lapse in judgment and not making the connection to a child freezing to death in the middle of summer, or even thinking this would cool the child down and/or dry off the seat and blanket in a healthy way if they're used to using swamp coolers.

There was no mention of the baby being ill and/or feverish, or if it was 90* out and they were just trying to cool him off. Either way leaving him in the car seat was the first mistake.

I looked at probably 10 articles, they were all except 1 a reprint of the first. September Seright, the 19 yr old mother of Josiah Seright, took a shower, the baby was in the car seat in the bathroom with her. The car seat was wet and the baby was wrapped in a wet blanket when he was placed in front of or near the AC that was set at 61*, for an unknown amount of time.

Mom was on a couch, 2 other adults, Benny Nash, 39, & 42 yr old, Lamisha Seright, were on the bed, at the Budget Inn, in Augusta, GA. SO responded at 202am, the baby was unresponsive. Josiah was pronounced dead at a local hospital at 230am. The 3 were charged with felony murder and 2nd degree Child Cruelty. They were arrested & booked 8/6 into the Richmond County Jail, where they remain.

Stark difference to the treatment the parents received in AZ last month.
Chances are, a first-time mom, and two sleeping adults, one of whom was the baby's grandmother. Call it sad occurrence, stupidity, lack of foresingt, but not murder. Four people in one hotel room with an AC...

Is this a case of an honest accident (trying to keep a baby cool in a hot hotel room without understanding what they did was actually unsafe?), or is it suspected they were trying to cover up something else?

I think we definitely need more facts. On the surface, it appears they are throwing the book at some underprivileged folks, IMO.

(And comparing this case to the Arizona case, I think $$$ talked in Arizona. JMO.)

@clearskies1 - the State is actually Georgia - not Washington {State} - maybe have a mod change that for you. It is Washington County in Georgia.
Unfortunately, I won't be following this one - no access to court site.
Just seeing your post @Niner. That wasn't me who posted this thread. Was someone with a similar user name. I'm not following this either.

Is this a case of an honest accident (trying to keep a baby cool in a hot hotel room without understanding what they did was actually unsafe?), or is it suspected they were trying to cover up something else?

I think we definitely need more facts. On the surface, it appears they are throwing the book at some underprivileged folks, IMO.

(And comparing this case to the Arizona case, I think $$$ talked in Arizona. JMO.)
100% agreed. The fact that the Arizona case and this young mother and her family were treated so differently is shocking to me.

I hope that the LE will share additional information.

The high was apparently 89 degrees that day. https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/augusta/30901/august-weather/328218
I'm from Georgia originally, and given the humidity, it usually feels much hotter than it actually is in the summer. I'm also curious as to why the two other people were charged with the same thing as the mother if they were asleep at the time?

The high was apparently 89 degrees that day. https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/augusta/30901/august-weather/328218
I'm from Georgia originally, and given the humidity, it usually feels much hotter than it actually is in the summer. I'm also curious as to why the two other people were charged with the same thing as the mother if they were asleep at the time?
Thank you for adding that. It really sounds like they were just trying to cool poor Josiah off. He died due to lack of knowledge, not malice. What is the difference in this and that poor baby who was left on a boat in 120* weather, while everyone else played in the water to stay cool?

I’ve been looking for updates, so far nothing. I don’t understand this at all. There was no mention of anything illicit going on. There’s been nothing in the news that would explain all of them being charged or why they put them all in jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cavalluccicheryl
Back