Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Delphi Murders: Judge rules on gag order & trial location​

by Erica Finke, WSBT 22 Reporter
Fri, January 13th 2023 at 12:09 PM
Updated Fri, January 13th 2023 at 6:06 PM

In Friday's hearing, Special Judge Frances Gull made the gag order permanent -- it was temporarily put in place just days after Allen's probable cause documents were made public.

Thanks for finding that.
The hearing entry gives no indication of what to look for. She usually put her orders in full in the CCS; I'm not sure if this one is included in her doc dump.
This is all there is in the CCS for that date:
01/13/2023CANCELED Pretrial Conference
Reason: Judicial Action
Session: 01/13/2023 9:00 AM, Cancelled
01/13/2023Hearing
Session: 01/13/2023 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ

@photographer4

Look into predation and how it might work in with forensics, profiling and especially crime scenes.

As in what animals are capable of doing when they smell blood and happen across anything that is unalive.

For example, rats and mice.

It may or may not be the situation with Delphi.

I have been wondering if there could be more than one reason as to why a crime scene would be described as chaotic or why body temperatures mightn't be taken or a time of death established in some murder cases.

Sometimes it may very well be the environment, weather conditions right through to forensics and lack of experience, but I believe at times wild life can impact a crime scene as well whether the scene itself or the victim/victims.

JMT MOO

The RL warrant and KAK interview releases were a long time ago. Both were before RA’s arrest, and the gag order.

There has been a lot of drama in this case involving social media, leaks, etc. Maybe the social media folks are going to lay a little low until trial.

I can only hope.

jmo
Yes, these were a long time ago... not arguing that. But based on the fact that the RL doc became public as a result of MS accessing and sharing it... I don't believe they'd lay low for a minute if they thought was legal to share and that a story would garner more clicks and generate more income.... moooo

Yes, these were a long time ago... not arguing that. But based on the fact that the RL doc became public as a result of MS accessing and sharing it... I don't believe they'd lay low for a minute if they thought was legal to share and that a story would garner more clicks and generate more income.... moooo
I don't feel one way or another about MS, I don't listen to true crime podcasts or Youtubers, but I agree that if it was legal to be reporting on something, it would be all over the place. The fact that something isn't mean either a) it's verboten because of the gag order, or b) it's clearly fake nonsense that nobody wants to spread. And given that the most ridiculous, provably nonsense junk gets spread at the drop of a hat, I think it's a).

MOO

I believe this Defense has done exactly that to The Court, Judge Gull and the Prosecution and the public in general.

I do believe it is their misconduct and sorely lacking social skills of reading the room that will help send their client right up the river, where I believe he belongs.

I find absolutely nothing about their actions during this trial funny in the least, we are talking about two murdered children. They're planning a Netflix Special or some other TV Special. They are so desperate it reeks from Indiana on.

JMO
They're planning a netflix show!? They announced this already and the trial isn't even over?! I missed this and I'm surprised considering they may still lose! Where can I learn more - is there a link to this? I'd watch - even if they don't win!

@photographer4

Look into predation and how it might work in with forensics, profiling and especially crime scenes.

As in what animals are capable of doing when they smell blood and happen across anything that is unalive.

For example, rats and mice.

It may or may not be the situation with Delphi.

I have been wondering if there could be more than one reason as to why a crime scene would be described as chaotic or why body temperatures mightn't be taken or a time of death established in some murder cases.

Sometimes it may very well be the environment, weather conditions right through to forensics and lack of experience, but I believe at times wild life can impact a crime scene as well whether the scene itself or the victim/victims.

JMT MOO
I've thought about this before as well - if there are deer in the area, they may well be other wildlife - coyotes etc... or perhaps even coywolves... are those a thing there?

They're planning a netflix show!? They announced this already and the trial isn't even over?! I missed this and I'm surprised considering they may still lose! Where can I learn more - is there a link to this? I'd watch - even if they don't win!
There's nothing odd about a Netflix series pretrial - both Murdaugh and Vallow/Daybell had series on Netflix before trial.

No idea if there is actually going to be one for Delphi, but it wouldn't shock me.

MOO

I don't feel one way or another about MS, I don't listen to true crime podcasts or Youtubers, but I agree that if it was legal to be reporting on something, it would be all over the place. The fact that something isn't mean either a) it's verboten because of the gag order, or b) it's clearly fake nonsense that nobody wants to spread. And given that the most ridiculous, provably nonsense junk gets spread at the drop of a hat, I think it's a).

MOO
Well, were it verboten as suggested, I would have expected a very quick bench warrant to have been issued by JG summoning the media outlet head honchos who released it. Seems that didn't happen. Maybe she merely issued a cease and desist as a caution to the news outlet? Not sure she did either, because I feel like we'd have heard about it if she had... so to me, seems like its probably a lot of tempest in a pot of tea....

Guess they got the vest on him after his exit from the car video that I saw yesterday.... I wondered where it was!

Is that photo from yesterday? He doesn’t look as shaved as in this one and the jumpsuit is different.

Bulletproof vests can be worn inside of clothing as well as outside.

Eric Graves
@ReporterEric

BREAKING: Public status hearing in Delphi murders trial has been cancelled today. A private hearing started at 1, at about 1:35 media waiting to come into the press conference were told there would not be a public hearing today. No explanation from anyone why.
1724536073156.png

Last edited:
Maybe there was never any worry about his safety to begin with and all of the heavy Hannibal Lecter handling of him while in PRISON (as a presumed innocent man) was for show.
IMO MOO
I see he lost those awful shackles on his wrists, now replaced by lighter weight ones... less noticeable and less scary to see. Moo

Guess they got the vest on him after his exit from the car video that I saw yesterday.... I wondered where it was!
This appears to be an old pic of RA. Not sure why they would use it for yesterday’s hearing. That’s not how he looked in the video we saw from yesterday’s hearing. JMO
ETA - Ya’ll beat me to it, lol!

Why does it have to be a leak? Were members of the public who received the survey not supposed to to share it? Were they banned from doing so by court order? I still don't know if I believe this was a legit questionnaire sent by the courts. It makes little sense given she had not yet issued her ruling over the SODDI Defense issues yet... MOOOOOOOOO
You're allowed your opinions, as I am mine, MO

I don't believe this was a "leak" at all. Is there a law / court order in place that would prohibit the media's publication of this?

2. If it was a fraudulent document (which it may have been), then it isn't a leak at all, is it? If it wasn't actually from the courts, then it certainly isn't in breech of any orders / laws imo. If it were a fraud though, could it constitute interference in an ongoing criminal case or a mischief charge against someone? Just curious.
You're allowed your opinions, as I am mine. MO

Even if someone handed it directly to them, aren't the media allowed to keep their "sources" anonymous?

I still find it odd that it took a week for the media to report on it at all - that doc was dated Aug 5 per the link I shared upthread and will share again to avoid confusion:
Does it not strike anyone else as weird that NO ONE else seems to have mentioned it at all? Not even approved podcasters like Murder Sheets or Grey had discussed it prior to the media reporting on it (I don't follow them so I don't know if they have since done so?). If 600 of these were sent out - surely SOMEONE would have been talking about it somewhere before the news did??? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Not odd at all considering all the legals they got involved to research it. Just like the DT have done so many times, the legals came to the conclusion, we can't find any precedents saying it's legally wrong to publish all those names and ignored the bad ethics of doing so. AJMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax
Back