Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It does seem odd that they would take down the article but not the video that shows actual pages of the questionnaire, names and all. I’m left with the impression that the document is indeed authentic and they feel they have nothing to fear in reporting on it? JMO

Isn't the video through Yahoo, though? I'm not familiar with how Yahoo gets a hold of other network's videos and posts them (what the agreements are or whatever). Maybe WANE can't force Yahoo to remove it?

IMO MOO

Delphi Murders: Judge rules on gag order & trial location​

by Erica Finke, WSBT 22 Reporter
Fri, January 13th 2023 at 12:09 PM
Updated Fri, January 13th 2023 at 6:06 PM

In Friday's hearing, Special Judge Frances Gull made the gag order permanent -- it was temporarily put in place just days after Allen's probable cause documents were made public.

Thanks!

I don’t see the RL situation is relevant. It’s already been reported RL himself was the source of the Search Warrant PCA. so of course media would report it.

in this case, as far as we know, only WANE claim to have possession of the document.

Is it really normal for the media to track down the jury questionnaire? i don’t see the big deal.

IMO.

Isn't the video through Yahoo, though? I'm not familiar with how Yahoo gets a hold of other network's videos and posts them (what the agreements are or whatever). Maybe WANE can't force Yahoo to remove it?

IMO MOO
Oh yes! I didn’t notice that. You might be onto something! Time will tell if it remains much longer?

Thank you for clarifying. I was the poster who said it is odd none of the podcasters etc had covered the purported questionnaire. If WANE says they did their legal homework and were legally allowed to release the document, then they probably are in the clear.

But you'd think that MS etc would be all over this!? The document lists several of the SODDI folks discussed by the D and appears significant imo. I do not believe they would err on the side of caution given they were the ones who (legally) released the RL document(s) which is discussed here: Search warrant reveals Delphi murder suspect may have taken souvenir, 'staged' scene. It seems to me that if something is legally fair game, this particular podcast would be all over it. Again, MOOOOO.

And now knowing that the media has reported on the 600 surveys having been sent out, you'd think someone in the community would have started to discuss this either online or in the news and yet, still nothing?? Weird.

I wonder if there will be new filings in coming days that might hint at what happened in the private hearing and why the public one was cancelled? I wonder if more news will come out in coming weeks that the questionnaires have been sent out and if we can then confirm or debunk this one... MOOOOO.
The RL warrant and KAK interview releases were a long time ago. Both were before RA’s arrest, and the gag order.

There has been a lot of drama in this case involving social media, leaks, etc. Maybe the social media folks are going to lay a little low until trial.

I can only hope.

jmo

The final comment by this reporter is priceless. The prosecution stating that the D are trying to “annoy, embarrass and oppress them.” (Emphasis added by me, while I’m killing myself laughing!) MOO
I believe this Defense has done exactly that to The Court, Judge Gull and the Prosecution and the public in general.

I do believe it is their misconduct and sorely lacking social skills of reading the room that will help send their client right up the river, where I believe he belongs.

I find absolutely nothing about their actions during this trial funny in the least, we are talking about two murdered children. They're planning a Netflix Special or some other TV Special. They are so desperate it reeks from Indiana on.

JMO

Delphi Murders: Judge rules on gag order & trial location​

by Erica Finke, WSBT 22 Reporter
Fri, January 13th 2023 at 12:09 PM
Updated Fri, January 13th 2023 at 6:06 PM

In Friday's hearing, Special Judge Frances Gull made the gag order permanent -- it was temporarily put in place just days after Allen's probable cause documents were made public.

Thanks for finding that.
The hearing entry gives no indication of what to look for. She usually put her orders in full in the CCS; I'm not sure if this one is included in her doc dump.
This is all there is in the CCS for that date:
01/13/2023CANCELED Pretrial Conference
Reason: Judicial Action
Session: 01/13/2023 9:00 AM, Cancelled
01/13/2023Hearing
Session: 01/13/2023 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ

@photographer4

Look into predation and how it might work in with forensics, profiling and especially crime scenes.

As in what animals are capable of doing when they smell blood and happen across anything that is unalive.

For example, rats and mice.

It may or may not be the situation with Delphi.

I have been wondering if there could be more than one reason as to why a crime scene would be described as chaotic or why body temperatures mightn't be taken or a time of death established in some murder cases.

Sometimes it may very well be the environment, weather conditions right through to forensics and lack of experience, but I believe at times wild life can impact a crime scene as well whether the scene itself or the victim/victims.

JMT MOO

The RL warrant and KAK interview releases were a long time ago. Both were before RA’s arrest, and the gag order.

There has been a lot of drama in this case involving social media, leaks, etc. Maybe the social media folks are going to lay a little low until trial.

I can only hope.

jmo
Yes, these were a long time ago... not arguing that. But based on the fact that the RL doc became public as a result of MS accessing and sharing it... I don't believe they'd lay low for a minute if they thought was legal to share and that a story would garner more clicks and generate more income.... moooo

Yes, these were a long time ago... not arguing that. But based on the fact that the RL doc became public as a result of MS accessing and sharing it... I don't believe they'd lay low for a minute if they thought was legal to share and that a story would garner more clicks and generate more income.... moooo
I don't feel one way or another about MS, I don't listen to true crime podcasts or Youtubers, but I agree that if it was legal to be reporting on something, it would be all over the place. The fact that something isn't mean either a) it's verboten because of the gag order, or b) it's clearly fake nonsense that nobody wants to spread. And given that the most ridiculous, provably nonsense junk gets spread at the drop of a hat, I think it's a).

MOO

I believe this Defense has done exactly that to The Court, Judge Gull and the Prosecution and the public in general.

I do believe it is their misconduct and sorely lacking social skills of reading the room that will help send their client right up the river, where I believe he belongs.

I find absolutely nothing about their actions during this trial funny in the least, we are talking about two murdered children. They're planning a Netflix Special or some other TV Special. They are so desperate it reeks from Indiana on.

JMO
They're planning a netflix show!? They announced this already and the trial isn't even over?! I missed this and I'm surprised considering they may still lose! Where can I learn more - is there a link to this? I'd watch - even if they don't win!

@photographer4

Look into predation and how it might work in with forensics, profiling and especially crime scenes.

As in what animals are capable of doing when they smell blood and happen across anything that is unalive.

For example, rats and mice.

It may or may not be the situation with Delphi.

I have been wondering if there could be more than one reason as to why a crime scene would be described as chaotic or why body temperatures mightn't be taken or a time of death established in some murder cases.

Sometimes it may very well be the environment, weather conditions right through to forensics and lack of experience, but I believe at times wild life can impact a crime scene as well whether the scene itself or the victim/victims.

JMT MOO
I've thought about this before as well - if there are deer in the area, they may well be other wildlife - coyotes etc... or perhaps even coywolves... are those a thing there?

They're planning a netflix show!? They announced this already and the trial isn't even over?! I missed this and I'm surprised considering they may still lose! Where can I learn more - is there a link to this? I'd watch - even if they don't win!
There's nothing odd about a Netflix series pretrial - both Murdaugh and Vallow/Daybell had series on Netflix before trial.

No idea if there is actually going to be one for Delphi, but it wouldn't shock me.

MOO

I don't feel one way or another about MS, I don't listen to true crime podcasts or Youtubers, but I agree that if it was legal to be reporting on something, it would be all over the place. The fact that something isn't mean either a) it's verboten because of the gag order, or b) it's clearly fake nonsense that nobody wants to spread. And given that the most ridiculous, provably nonsense junk gets spread at the drop of a hat, I think it's a).

MOO
Well, were it verboten as suggested, I would have expected a very quick bench warrant to have been issued by JG summoning the media outlet head honchos who released it. Seems that didn't happen. Maybe she merely issued a cease and desist as a caution to the news outlet? Not sure she did either, because I feel like we'd have heard about it if she had... so to me, seems like its probably a lot of tempest in a pot of tea....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaV
Back