Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I realize these are all pretty innocuous statements and it's only the crime he's accused of that make them sound creepy, but some of these comments really do read like someone who doesn't really get other people's motivations and is learning how to mimic their behaviors/stated motivations because they don't come naturally to him. MOO.

I do think they'd seem pretty harmless without his recent arrest, though. It really is hindsight that makes stuff like that stick out.

On another note, though, sporting that Richard Spencer-style haircut in 2016 might have also been a red flag; at that particular time, it was very popular among a certain sub-culture: This Wildly Popular Haircut Has a Serious Neo-Nazi Problem

If I were to choose “he was a Neo Nazi” and “he was attracted by petite, quiet women”, I’d choose the latter in his case.

I realize these are all pretty innocuous statements and it's only the crime he's accused of that make them sound creepy, but some of these comments really do read like someone who doesn't really get other people's motivations and is learning how to mimic their behaviors/stated motivations because they don't come naturally to him. MOO.

To me they look like: “he is not a stellar student and wants to write something meaningful, but writing is not his forte. He reads through good essays. Plagiarizing is forbidden, so he makes his own compilation that ends up weak and bland.” But that’s all. No red flags whatsoever. ETA: possibly, he struggles with putting real emotions on paper, and his sense of humor is poor. In some people it might indicate problems with pragmatic communication; on the other thing, it is not a red flag either. From anything I have read so far, an “average” kid.

Last edited:
On another note, though, sporting that Richard Spencer-style haircut in 2016 might have also been a red flag; at that particular time, it was very popular among a certain sub-culture: This Wildly Popular Haircut Has a Serious Neo-Nazi Problem
[snipped]

A red flag? Seems like a bit of a reach IMO. That’s like every third guy’s haircut. And pretty much every professional male in finance, salesmen, police officers, etc.

once again people start coming outta the woodwork with multiple know instances where f physical/sexusl assault happenings with a murderer/prefator. At this point, hearsay, but I’d like to say if anyone has a family member or solid complaint about a person doing creepy things, pleeeease report to the professional board of said person. If anything, people can be aware. Imagine if he’d been allowed to work as a nurse with people knowingly withholding behaviors that could have affected many vulnerable patients. If you work with someone displaying bizarre behaviors, also please report. Maybe it can save another escalation to even one innocent victim. Sounds like this guy should not have been allowed to become or remain a nurse if he was. JMO

To me they look like: “he is not a stellar student and wants to write something meaningful, but writing is not his forte. He reads through good essays. Plagiarizing is forbidden, so he makes his own compilation that ends up weak and bland.” But that’s all. No red flags whatsoever. ETA: possibly, he struggles with putting real emotions on paper, and his sense of humor is poor. In some people it might indicate problems with pragmatic communication; on the other thing, it is not a red flag either. From anything I have read so far, an “average” kid.

However, academically, it appears he did well. At the Oregon Health and Safety University’s Convocation on June 5, 2022 I found his name (Bryce Johnathan Schubert) under the School of Nursing, Bachelor of Science with C u m Laude honors.

Edited to correct date. Thanks, @PommyMommy

Last edited:
After dating for ten years, spending a year and a half planning her dream wedding, a career she loved. Melissa lived in a building which was seemingly very safe. This is horrific and very scary, there are truly monsters living among us.

My heartfelt condolences to her husband and family. Everyone ahould have amazing coworkers just like Melissa’s, they knew immediately something was wrong and sounded the alarm.
Not that her coworkers aren’t amazing, but let me tell you, as a nurse, when another nurse doesn’t show up for a scheduled shift everybody is on it like white on rice lol. Short staffing is not fun!

From the article you posted about Bryce:
  • He understands the importance of having values
Uhhh... what kind of values would those be? It's certainly not 'Do unto others'. Or did he just forget/ignore his values?

Source to keep things together: Oct. 24, 2016 Newsletter - Rotary Club of Newberg
I mean, I understand the importance of eating healthy, but will you still find me in a McDonald’s drive thru now and then? (Yes)

He was involved many high school sports that required easy haircuts and playing sports also brings along many social meet ups. Honestly, killers come from all walks of life and hairstyles is not a red flag to flush out a killer. I personally think the motive is simple, he got rejected by the victim and he acted on his personal rage. JMO

I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t even approach her but assumed in his mind that his attraction was mutual. Then suddenly (to him) she gets married. I think he might be a person harboring violent dreams for a while and then impulsively acting because the moment is convenient. I suspect it was his first time, unprepared and hence he was caught so rapidly. On the other hand, his prior life, places of living and similar crimes around should be scrutinized.

SEP 8, 2024
[...]

A memorial continues to grow outside of the Beaverton apartment building where Melissa lived.

It was too hard for the grieving community to speak on camera to KATU, but they didn't have to for you to know how much they loved and missed Melissa as a pile of cards, pictures and flowers were laid down at the corner of NW 160th Avenue and SW Baseline Rd.

[...]

A neighbor took KATU into the apartment complex where the victim and suspect lived. Our crew found a bouquet of roses sitting outside an apartment unit.

"She was a very helpful person. She loved helping people. She had a really big heart," Samantha Oregon, a friend of Melissa told KATU a day earlier. "She had a really big heart. No matter the situation or what it was, she was always willing to help people. You know, she loved her family, she loved her friends, she loved her dog."

[...]

A memorial for Melissa Jubane grows outside the apartment building where she lived. Victor Park/KATU
A bouquet of flowers was left outside an apartment unit within the building where Melissa lived. Victor Park/KATU

Not that her coworkers aren’t amazing, but let me tell you, as a nurse, when another nurse doesn’t show up for a scheduled shift everybody is on it like white on rice lol. Short staffing is not fun!
And now the nursing units there are down 2 more, though seems a blessing for 1 to be outta circulation <modsnip>

I wonder what he was doing that neighbors flagged as acting strangely?
A person that has never committed a murder before will show signs of distress. Perhaps he was cheerful when greeting other residents at the apt mailroom but after the murder he might have acted withdrawn or was acting paranoid . JMO

Just caught up on this case - RIP Melissa.

Heartbreaking for her new husband and the rest of her family.

My thoughts also go to @fleetwoodmac who lives in the same apartment complex - I’m sure this is very upsetting and extremely unsettling for you.

My guess is that this was an ambush attack - he was waiting for her as she walked past his apartment door.. he dragged her in there - she probably left for work at a very similar time each day so this would be easy for him to plan MOO.

It reminds me abit of Joanna Yates’ murder - an infatuated neighbour made a pass at her.. she rejected it then he murdered her

Last edited:
Just caught up on this case - RIP Melissa.

Heartbreaking for her new husband and the rest of her family.

My thoughts also go to @fleetwoodmac who lives in the same apartment complex - I’m sure this is very upsetting and extremely unsettling for you.

My guess is that this was an ambush attack - he was waiting for her as she walked past his apartment door.. he dragged her in there - she probably left for work at a very similar time each day so this would be easy for him to plan MOO.
And the ambush could've been luring her into his place with something like, "Hey, I got you a wedding gift. Come on inside and I'll give it to you." Or, "Your mail was put in my mailbox while you were gone - I have it for you in my kitchen."

Though, I also wonder if he has previously bothered her - is he the type to make a pass at a woman and then be snide and mean when rejected?

JMO

<modsnip: Removed discussion of social media 'comments'.>

I’m very interested in learning more about his immediate history at work and if those coworkers saw some sort of change in his behavior over the past several months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver